PDA

View Full Version : Humble Indie Bundle

nemecb
05-11-10, 01:53 PM
I know it's a bit late to be posting this since it ends in just over an hour, but I thought this was pretty interesting: http://www.wolfire.com/humble

Not just because it's a bunch of really good indie games (at least the ones I'm familiar with), but the statistics on the site. They're approaching a million dollars total (split an unspecified way between devs/charities), which is probably around six figures per group. Not bad for a bunch of small/one man teams. These are all cross-platform and DRM-free, for the record, and you set the price. I don't know if there is a minimum limit (probably, for the sake of credit card processing), but the average is around $9 per buyer.

Oh, and Linux users rock.:p

Edit: The deal has been extended four more days. Looks like in the first week, each game netted about 135,000, and the two charities ended up around 150,000 apiece. Maybe not CoD numbers, but nothing to sneeze at either.

crainger
05-11-10, 02:58 PM
Linux users are just happy to have a few games to play.

nemecb
05-11-10, 03:51 PM
Linux users are just happy to have a few games to play.
It's true.:(

Buckshot23
05-11-10, 05:22 PM
Picked this up the other day, already bought World of Goo for a penny when they had their deal. I felt bad and paid a dollar for the pack.

ViN86
05-13-10, 08:57 AM
They have extended the deal. It still has 2 days left on it.

Picked this up the other day, already bought World of Goo for a penny when they had their deal. I felt bad and paid a dollar for the pack.

LOL what a cheapskate.

nemecb
05-13-10, 10:38 AM
Well, he does have a link to a PC game deals blog in his sig. What do you expect?:)

DenverBuc
05-13-10, 11:40 AM
I know it's a bit late to be posting this since it ends in just over an hour, but I thought this was pretty interesting: http://www.wolfire.com/humble

Not just because it's a bunch of really good indie games (at least the ones I'm familiar with), but the statistics on the site. They're approaching a million dollars total (split an unspecified way between devs/charities), which is probably around six figures per group. Not bad for a bunch of small/one man teams. These are all cross-platform and DRM-free, for the record, and you set the price. I don't know if there is a minimum limit (probably, for the sake of credit card processing), but the average is around $9 per buyer.

Oh, and Linux users rock.:p

Edit: The deal has been extended four more days. Looks like in the first week, each game netted about 135,000, and the two charities ended up around 150,000 apiece. Maybe not CoD numbers, but nothing to sneeze at either.

Great story here. Ars Technica is reporting that the sale grossed over $1 Million and that four of the games are going open source as a result.

Awesome success for indie developers and great for charity to boot!

Neat to say I was a part of it by buying the pack.

nemecb
05-13-10, 12:21 PM
Yep, there are details about it on their site. They're up to over 1.2 million dollars now, with two days left to go on the extension.