PDA

View Full Version : Official BRINK Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

AngelGraves13
05-11-10, 02:54 PM
Brink (video game) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brink_%28video_game%29)

Brink is a FPS using a heavily modified id tech 4 engine. From the screen shots and videos alone, the modified id tech 4 engine looks a lot like the id tech 5 engine used in RAGE.

Brink will be available on Steam with VAC and achievements, and so on.

There's some videos of gameplay footage on youtube. I have to say...I'm impressed. Splash Damage really outdid themselves, especially with overhauling the id tech 4 engine into id tech 5 territory.

Any thoughts?

http://www.brinkthegame.com/media/screenshots/

Mr. Hunt
05-11-10, 02:58 PM
Seems like a good concept and I like all of the customization options supposedly in... except you apparently can't create a female character :\. Which doesn't make much sense as they are talking about how customizable it will be.

six_storm
05-11-10, 03:37 PM
It does look like Rage! Wow, iD's been hard at work . . . :rolleyes:

Vardant
05-11-10, 04:25 PM
Main goal with id Tech 5 was to make an engine, that doesn't need to be ported and works on every platform at 60fps with the same visuals, iirc. If you take into account how big some areas will be and the use of Mega texture, then I think it's rather impressive.

Viral
05-11-10, 07:17 PM
I love the movement in this game and how they've implemented it into controls. This is one of the major areas that current games, especially FPS lack. This is just another step forward from Mirrors Edge. The art direction on the levels is also spectacular.

The one thing I don't like is how all the characters have that Unreal Tournament 2k3 look to them. It's pretty damn cliche by now...

AngelGraves13
05-14-10, 02:48 AM
If id tech 5 doesn't have OpenGL 4 and hardware tessellation, it will be embarrassing.

jlippo
05-14-10, 03:08 AM
this game looks like it will use DirectX 11 and have hardware tessellation. If id tech 5 doesn't have OpenGL 4 and hardware tessellation, it will be embarrassing.
There is nothing in the images that would support your theory about hardware tesselation.
The game does look good and mega/virtual texturing seems to work nicely in this game. :)

bob saget
05-14-10, 03:13 AM
youtube videos look good.

Viral
05-14-10, 03:39 AM
Huh, where does it say it's DX11 and uses tesselation? Why would they use idtech 4 if they were going to modify it that much? Would be cool if they did manage to though I guess.

FastRedPonyCar
05-15-10, 09:10 AM
The brink cinematic video looks amazing but I'm guessing it will look nothing like that when we get it :(

Raiasokura
05-15-10, 09:43 AM
Looks great, I enjoyed mirrors edge immensely it was one of a kind. this on the other hand looks interesting, and since its from bethesda it will most likely have some RPG elements in there too.

I think the Tech 4 engine is showing lots of potential already. It will be interesting how this engine compares to Mirrors Edges as it looked close to photorealistic at times.

I'm looking forward to it. :)

Redeemed
05-15-10, 09:12 PM
Looks fantastic. :)

Logical
05-30-10, 05:35 AM
Looks really good, can't wait to play this one.

6EwrlUF3Q1Q

JVup2EehHL4

AurzoJfsTYM

CaptNKILL
05-30-10, 08:28 AM
Wow, those gameplay videos look really cool.

Looking forward to this. :)

K007
05-30-10, 09:13 AM
gameplay looks interesting....but whats with the framedrops...

WeReWoLf
05-30-10, 09:23 AM
Wow... hectic as! I want badly!

gameplay looks interesting....but whats with the framedrops...

Probably got something to do with being the console version.

AngelGraves13
08-17-10, 09:41 PM
Pre-order is up on Steam! I got my copy!

I'm guessing since Bethesda is publishing it, and the announcement of id tech 5 being exclusive to them, Brink 2 should be id tech 5.

ragejg
08-17-10, 10:23 PM
Wow, the Doom 3 engine has some legs!! Looks great, I may have to get this.

AngelGraves13
08-18-10, 12:30 AM
Wow, the Doom 3 engine has some legs!! Looks great, I may have to get this.

It's a heavily modded id tech 4 engine, built off the Quake Wars builds.

ragejg
08-18-10, 12:52 AM
It's a heavily modded id tech 4 engine, built off the Quake Wars builds.

Exactly. Doom 3 engine. :p

Plus megatexture and other toys.

AngelGraves13
08-18-10, 12:36 PM
Still not sure about this one.

Since there is no bonus for pre-ordering, I'll wait for user feedback :)

The bonus is some in-game weapons.

It's also a Steamworks title, so no DRM. It'll have achievements and VAC.

FastRedPonyCar
08-18-10, 05:57 PM
Still not sure about this one.

Since there is no bonus for pre-ordering, I'll wait for user feedback :)

This... it looks like it could be really cool or boring as all get out.

It also looks like it will probably shape into a big online multiplayer type game which would also be "meh" for me

Section-9
08-19-10, 01:15 AM
Love the art style in this game, the characters really look unique.

The customization looks great too. Can't wait. :D

AngelGraves13
08-19-10, 02:27 PM
http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/Hellforge/Brink-Screenshots-Are-Bloody-Brilliant

This guy talks about RAGE and BRINK. Interesting read.

Viral
08-20-10, 02:57 AM
The art direction and the dynamic movement/interaction are what set this game apart from anything else for me. I also agree that it does look better than Rage in most screenshots.