PDA

View Full Version : Bad Company 2 sells 5 million; PC partly responsible for the success

Pages : [1] 2

dikinher
05-11-10, 11:36 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6262117.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B5

Part of Bad Company 2's success is due to the fact that DICE supports dedicated servers for the PC edition of the game. EA played up the difference between the game and Modern Warfare 2, which abolished dedicated servers in favor of IWnet, widely believed to be a precursor to a subscription-based service for the game.

Crow_Nest
05-12-10, 12:10 AM
Mission accomplished.

Phyxion
05-12-10, 12:26 AM
Partly? The PC has more users than 360 and PS3 combined, you can hardly call that partly.

mojoman0
05-12-10, 12:29 AM
woot woot way to go DICE. Awesome game

crainger
05-12-10, 01:38 AM
That'll do PC. That'll do.

methimpikehoses
05-12-10, 02:00 AM
woot woot way to go DICE. Awesome game

+1

Muppet
05-12-10, 02:45 AM
I would still love to buy this game. I won't until they add Lan support. Until that time, i'm not interested.

bob saget
05-12-10, 03:33 AM
this game conquered many many hours of my time. about 10 hours short of 5 days now :lol:
love it to death.

six_storm
05-12-10, 06:49 AM
Partly? The PC has more users than 360 and PS3 combined, you can hardly call that partly.

This article is from GameSpot . . so nuff said.

|MaguS|
05-12-10, 07:00 AM

But I bet you that the consoles version outsold the PC version... users does not equal sales. It's a known fact that PC Gamers are more into online gaming then console gamers.

Heck I play online on the PC all the time, Only game I have ever played online on the PS3 is MAG and Warhawk...

Bearclaw
05-12-10, 07:01 AM
:thumbsup:

JasonPC
05-12-10, 01:15 PM
The sad part is even 5 million sales looks like it won't make EA profitable this year. Though maybe it will help.

mailman2
05-12-10, 02:09 PM
With all the bugs in this freakin game they are lucky they sold that many copies. I mean seriously this was one of the worst retail releases ever of a game. It was a beta in a jewel case. I'll consider it a success when we get some more patches and the game feels like final code.

For a company to bitch at all after they released something so unpolished just makes them look like a bunch of retarded ass-clowns. They should be kissing our asses. And so what if they gave us dedicated servers at least I've no issues with COD MW2. Whoop de doo.

HYBRID
05-12-10, 02:19 PM
Huh?......... Of course they had issues, and still have a few but I think they worked hard and fast on resolving them. There are tons more that can go wrong on a pc versus the console.
Oh and you hate the game so much you wear it as your Avatar?

BTW with regards to worst game ever released to retail you need to get your facts straight, there was a game called Tribes 2 and countless others with lots and lots more issues then BFBC2 seriously.

It’s a very good game look at the server counts they speak for themselves.

Maverick123w
05-12-10, 02:33 PM
With all the bugs in this freakin game they are lucky they sold that many copies. I mean seriously this was one of the worst retail releases ever of a game. It was a beta in a jewel case. I'll consider it a success when we get some more patches and the game feels like final code.

For a company to bitch at all after they released something so unpolished just makes them look like a bunch of retarded ass-clowns. They should be kissing our asses. And so what if they gave us dedicated servers at least I've no issues with COD MW2. Whoop de doo.

Past the knife bug, what bugs are so bad? I haven't run into anything besides slow loading on dx 11 (just change it to dx 10) that is really annoying.

JasonPC
05-12-10, 02:35 PM
Well the server issues were the worst part for me. But otherwise I thought the game wasn't too buggy compared to some past DICE releases.

nutcrackr
05-13-10, 02:52 AM
Minor annoyances add up in DICE games, the next patch will fix a handful of those. Right now its about what it should have been at launch. They've probably done a better job fixing the issues in bc2 than other bf games though.

ViN86
05-13-10, 09:01 AM
I would still love to buy this game. I won't until they add Lan support. Until that time, i'm not interested.

That will never happen. So I guess you're not joining the online sensation...

six_storm
05-13-10, 09:35 AM
DICE has yet to fix the spotting bug. I can have a heli fly over me and even though I'm raping the Q key, it still won't spot it for my teammates to see. WTF?

de><ta
05-13-10, 11:05 AM

Online sensation? Are we talking about Hello Kitty Island Adventure? :D

JasonPC
05-13-10, 12:07 PM
Everyone knows the real online sensation is WolfQuest!

bob saget
05-13-10, 01:23 PM

:lol:

mojoman0
05-13-10, 03:15 PM
DICE has yet to fix the spotting bug. I can have a heli fly over me and even though I'm raping the Q key, it still won't spot it for my teammates to see. WTF?

lol thats not a bug...the problem is that youre spamming Q. There is a spotting cooldown so you cant just spot the whole team in a second. you get like 3 spots then you have to wait a bit till you can spot again

nutcrackr
05-14-10, 07:05 AM
lol thats not a bug...the problem is that youre spamming Q.
QQ less? :cool:

six_storm
05-14-10, 07:58 AM
lol thats not a bug...the problem is that youre spamming Q. There is a spotting cooldown so you cant just spot the whole team in a second. you get like 3 spots then you have to wait a bit till you can spot again

Let's say I spawn and see only the heli, no enemies anywhere near me and I still can't spot the heli when it flies over me. That's not a bug?