PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play RailWorks?

musman
05-12-10, 10:49 AM
Wondering if anyone has this and what they think about it. Looks a good simulator. I had MS Train Sim, they get boring fast, this one looks much better though. There a lot of addons for RailWorks, you can spend a fortune on the expansion packs. Any input?

Bearclaw
05-12-10, 11:06 AM
Been wondering the same thing.

Let me know if you get it!

ViN86
05-12-10, 11:25 AM
I find trains boring in real life, so the idea of playing a game where I am on a train and all I can do is drive without crashing into anything makes me want to vomit.

But from what I hear, if you're into trains (I mean really into trains, like you own 1000 models and you dream of being a conductor and all that nonsense) then this game is the best of the best. It was on sale a while back and I was checking it out. But I read some reviews about how the game is really only aimed towards true enthusiasts, that turned me away.

musman
05-12-10, 11:33 AM
Yes I will let you know if I get it. Gonna half to wait till it's on sale before buying it, if at all. LOL@vin86. They do get boring after a short time unless you are into it. I had Ship Simulator for a while, that was lame after 15min of playing.

Bearclaw
05-12-10, 11:57 AM
Same here. Ship sim was fun. I tried causing mass chaos scenes and just never worked. :(

musman
05-12-10, 12:15 PM
Same here. Ship sim was fun. I tried causing mass chaos scenes and just never worked. :(

I ran the Titanic aground and was disappointed that not much happened.

ViN86
05-12-10, 12:20 PM

:rofl

You need a sandbox game, not a simulator.

Bearclaw
05-12-10, 12:24 PM

I put about a dozen speedboats and every other ship in a sandbox level and had them all timed to ram the Titanic at the same time.

Nothing happened. :(

musman
05-12-10, 12:54 PM
Guess we will half to wait for Ship Wreck Simulator before we can have any fun. lol

Bearclaw
05-12-10, 01:54 PM
Word.