PDA

View Full Version : lost planet 2 pc

trivium nate
05-19-10, 01:56 AM
when does this game come out for pc?

NarcissistZero
05-19-10, 05:24 AM
Later in the year, no one knows when.

Looking at reviews, I'm not exactly in a hurry.

nutcrackr
05-19-10, 05:55 AM
Last we heard September sometime, playing the demo on PS3 though I am not interested in the game anymore.

wysiwyg
05-19-10, 06:18 AM
yeah the reviews have not been good

:(

crainger
05-19-10, 06:24 AM
Later in the year, no one knows when.

Looking at reviews, I'm not exactly in a hurry.

Sounds like they really messed it up focusing on co-op and left the single player close to unfinishable thanks to crummy AI.
I loved the first one, cool mix of 3rd person shooter, mecha and cleavage. ::jumping::

Is unfinishable a word? ::p:

wysiwyg
05-19-10, 06:35 AM
it is now :D

NarcissistZero
05-19-10, 07:33 AM
Sounds like they really messed it up focusing on co-op and left the single player close to unfinishable thanks to crummy AI.

It worked for Left 4 Dead 2 though.

Why Lost Planet 2 is given less slack on that issue I don't know, but the clunky controls and interface seem to get a lot of complaints, so maybe that exacerbated the issue to the point of it being a larger negative.

Ywap
05-19-10, 11:01 AM
I just wanted more of that awesome single player LP 1 offered so im not so interested anymore :(

Ah well, Wolverine arrived in the mail today. Should be fun :)

|MaguS|
05-19-10, 11:15 AM
It worked for Left 4 Dead 2 though.

Why Lost Planet 2 is given less slack on that issue I don't know, but the clunky controls and interface seem to get a lot of complaints, so maybe that exacerbated the issue to the point of it being a larger negative.

I think they were given less slack on the issue was because L4D2 is totally playable alone while from what I read some parts of LP2 are almost impossible to do on your own because the AI is so horrible.

NarcissistZero
05-19-10, 04:31 PM
I think they were given less slack on the issue was because L4D2 is totally playable alone while from what I read some parts of LP2 are almost impossible to do on your own because the AI is so horrible.

The finales of each campaign, The Parish especially, are almost impossible alone even on normal difficulty. The AI is just too stupid.

I love L4D, but if you're going to knock Lost Planet 2 for having problems being fully playable in single-player, you need to knock L4D2 for it as well.

|MaguS|
05-19-10, 06:18 PM
The finales of each campaign, The Parish especially, are almost impossible alone even on normal difficulty. The AI is just too stupid.

I love L4D, but if you're going to knock Lost Planet 2 for having problems being fully playable in single-player, you need to knock L4D2 for it as well.

Um I can finish all the campaigns on my own.

NarcissistZero
05-19-10, 08:43 PM
Um I can finish all the campaigns on my own.

Good for you?

FastRedPonyCar
05-23-10, 05:32 PM
Everything I'm reading on this game says it's a swing and a miss but had more or less everything there to be awesome but just didn't execute. :(

Viral
05-23-10, 11:40 PM
The reviews make me sad. I liked the original despite parts of it being retarded, it was still great overall. It's not that I'm blindly following reviews, I can see how the points they mention would ruin the game.

ragejg
05-23-10, 11:53 PM
I'm still gonna get it, regardless of how much it frustrates me. As long as I can kill SOME big-@ss Akrid, I'm good.

Sectus
05-24-10, 03:01 PM
I've been playing it on 360 a lot and I can vouch for it being a really fun game. If you're looking for a coop shooter with a good deal of challenge then this is it. And if you're okay with a few things reviewers are going crazy over (like one specific level being VERY challenging at the first try, and how you get stunned when being shot), you should enjoy it. Just remember to play it in coop, it's much MUCH more fun as a coop game with friends than playing all alone.

I'm looking forward to the PC version, this will play a lot better with mouse controls and being able to play at 60 fps.