PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G9 mouse cable management?

Greg
05-21-10, 06:24 AM
G9 users, what do you do about your cable?

Mine causes the mouse cursor to drift. The cable is so heavy it drags the mouse around. Adding weights is useless because the weights make the back end of the mouse heavy, while the cable drags from the front.

I'm guessing there may be some way to fold, coil or kink the cable. I used to just clip mouse cables to the desk with some slack, but this cable is very stiff and wiry.

wysiwyg
05-21-10, 06:44 AM
i use this not on a G9 but a roccat Kone

mouse cord bungee

http://www.mousebungee.com/indexfym.html

Greg
05-21-10, 07:35 AM
Thanks wysiwyg, I wonder how well those bungies would work with a G9 braided cable?
These guys (http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Mice/Fed-up-with-my-G9-mouse-cord-drag-resistance-Any-solutions/td-p/437084) are describing both techniques I've tried, with limited success.

wysiwyg
05-21-10, 07:58 AM
you could cable tye the cord onto the bungee or use elastic bands

Sazar
05-21-10, 05:53 PM
G9 users, what do you do about your cable?

Mine causes the mouse cursor to drift. The cable is so heavy it drags the mouse around. Adding weights is useless because the weights make the back end of the mouse heavy, while the cable drags from the front.

I'm guessing there may be some way to fold, coil or kink the cable. I used to just clip mouse cables to the desk with some slack, but this cable is very stiff and wiry.

I have mine routing through the cable management thing on my Dell 24" monitor.

Regarding the weights, I put the 7g weights in the front and the 4g weights at the back. It give me a more balanced feel and makes it easier to manage the mouse, else it gets too read-end heavy, like you say :D

Greg
05-21-10, 09:25 PM
...Regarding the weights, I put the 7g weights in the front and the 4g weights at the back...There is no front weight compartment is there? I thought the whole tiny weight container sat way too far at the back, even worse than the G5 which was quite centered.

Sazar
05-22-10, 11:14 AM
There are 4 slots for weights, 2 front, 2 back. The 2 front ones are pretty much near the center of gravity and, at least in my case, when I put the heavier weights there and the lighter weights at the back, it retained a lot of the balance and didn't make it rear heavy.

When you lift the mouse it feels off-kilter more, but I have my sensitivity maxed and never have to move it more than a little bit in any direction :)