PDA

View Full Version : PC gaming will save Atari?

Noriega
05-26-10, 07:51 AM
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28693/Atari_Improves_FullYear_Loss_As_Revenues_Fall.php

Looks like there is whole loots of cash in online gaming.

NarcissistZero
05-26-10, 09:11 AM
But they need that $15 a month to pay for servers! Profit? What profit?

Noriega
05-26-10, 11:27 AM
But they need that $15 a month to pay for servers! Profit? What profit?

You're sleeping with your consoles don't you?

NarcissistZero
05-26-10, 03:46 PM
You're sleeping with your consoles don't you?

What? I haven't played a console in 6 months.

I just think it is amusing that when I say I dislike paying monthly for a game I also bought people tell me they need the monthly fee for servers, and yet MMOs rake in all this money because they make a monthly fee on top of the purchase price. Obviously that money is not going to the servers exclusively, or even much of it.

MMOs should be more expensive up front and then free to play with perhaps DLC support. The fact 10 million people pay for WoW and keep the market from moving in that direction annoys me.

saturnotaku
05-26-10, 04:10 PM
What? I haven't played a console in 6 months.

Ignore it. You say anything even remotely critical of the PC within earshot of that r-tard, and he goes apoplectic.

Armed_Baboon
05-26-10, 07:07 PM
Atari:

http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20080102/Atari_2600.png

Noriega
05-27-10, 02:21 AM
Ignore it. You say anything even remotely critical of the PC within earshot of that r-tard, and he goes apoplectic.

THIS IS A.... PC FORUM!

nutcrackr
05-27-10, 02:40 AM
I don't really think the people in charge of Atari are very good at what they do.

And that being the case I don't think anything will save Atari.

General Lee
05-28-10, 07:46 AM
Atari:

http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20080102/Atari_2600.png

I still have one of those at the family's lake house. Still works, as do all the 150+ games. Had it since it came out when my brother was real young. Bought over 100 games at a yard sale for like $5. :lol:

Armed_Baboon
05-28-10, 08:41 PM
I still have one of those at the family's lake house. Still works, as do all the 150+ games. Had it since it came out when my brother was real young. Bought over 100 games at a yard sale for like $5. :lol:

I remember the kids accross the road from me had one when I was 5. Pitfall Harry was the most popular game at the time.

NarcissistZero
05-28-10, 10:52 PM
I never had an Atari... started out with the NES and PC. Got a SNES later... that was my golden age right there, I loved that damn thing. Since then it has been PC and Nintendo consoles mostly.

Armed_Baboon
05-29-10, 12:10 AM
I never had an Atari... started out with the NES and PC. Got a SNES later... that was my golden age right there, I loved that damn thing. Since then it has been PC and Nintendo consoles mostly.

I started with a master system and much later got a megadrive.

Armed_Baboon
05-29-10, 02:27 AM

I started with a master system and much later got a megadrive (genesis). I must admit I got badly sucked in by the sega marketing, and secretly wished I had a snes, though this is the first time I have ever admitted that. I still have a soft spot for the sega brand. Daytona would have to be one of the greatest ever games. It's still on of the most popular arcade games here in Australia- every arcade has at least 2 machines. I love sega basically.

NarcissistZero
05-29-10, 07:54 AM
I started with a master system and much later got a megadrive (genesis). I must admit I got badly sucked in by the sega marketing, and secretly wished I had a snes, though this is the first time I have ever admitted that. I still have a soft spot for the sega brand. Daytona would have to be one of the greatest ever games. It's still on of the most popular arcade games here in Australia- every arcade has at least 2 machines. I love sega basically.

I wanted a Sega so bad because of the marketing at one point but I remember my mother said no... she said a SNES and her gaming PC was enough.

Armed_Baboon
05-30-10, 05:59 PM
I wanted a Sega so bad because of the marketing at one point but I remember my mother said no... she said a SNES and her gaming PC was enough.

your mother had a gaming PC? does that mean it had a sound card? lol

NarcissistZero
05-30-10, 08:00 PM
your mother had a gaming PC? does that mean it had a sound card? lol

My mother was a huge PC gamer until roughly 10 years ago... now she has a Wii, lol.

Armed_Baboon
05-30-10, 08:13 PM
My mother was a huge PC gamer until roughly 10 years ago... now she has a Wii, lol.

which games did your mother play? sims type games? RPGs? or the more "male" games like doom, quake etc?

NarcissistZero
05-30-10, 10:11 PM
which games did your mother play? sims type games? RPGs? or the more "male" games like doom, quake etc?

Point and click adventures and RPGs mainly... maybe some flight games like Wing Commander. No FPSes that I recall.

Armed_Baboon
05-30-10, 11:12 PM
Point and click adventures and RPGs mainly... maybe some flight games like Wing Commander. No FPSes that I recall.

family of nerds huh ::p that's pretty cool.

MaXThReAT
05-31-10, 07:16 AM
Test Drive Unlimited II will save Atari. (nana2)