PDA

View Full Version : So now that I have a SUPER DUPER COMPUTER...

Pages : [1] 2 3

05-29-10, 01:25 AM
So now that the DOMINANCE is officially a SUPER DUPER COMPUTER (nana2) I have decided to get one Super Duper system requirement MODERN game. :cool:

Should I get Battlefield Bad Company 2 for 49 bucks, or should I get the Crysis MAXIMUM edition pack which is a conglomeration of various items in one pack for 30 something dollars? :clap: I will let you all decide then make a decision based on a decision I reach after various suggestions. :cool:

nutcrackr
05-29-10, 01:43 AM
If you want single player then Crysis is your answer. Multiplayer and your decision should be bad company 2.

05-29-10, 01:53 AM
If you want single player then Crysis is your answer. Multiplayer and your decision should be bad company 2.

I only play Multiplayer however the Crysis pack does include Warhead and its supposed SUPER DUPER multiplayer expansion pack. I have heard great things about Bad Company 2 but I am very familiar with Battlefield series games and gameplay already so I am unsure.

crainger
05-29-10, 01:57 AM
Quake II.

05-29-10, 02:00 AM
Quake II.

I only have time for two games crainger, the one I buy here, and BERZERK. :cool:

bob saget
05-29-10, 02:19 AM
Buy BFBC2.

It's dominance.

05-29-10, 02:40 AM
Buy BFBC2.

It's dominance.

I dunno Bob :cool: my only concern is that while people rave about it, and the game video looks great, many people also describe it as a gussied up version of Battlefield 2. Now I've owned all of the Battlefield games, and in terms of time played, I would say it's 1942 > 2142 > Vietnam > Battlefield 2 ........I jus never really liked Battlefield 2 as much as the others. I am also highly unstable so telling me to get Bad Company 2 could only push me further towards Crysis. :cool:

Viral
05-29-10, 03:15 AM
I am also highly unstable so telling me to get Bad Company 2 could only push me further towards Crysis. :cool:

lol

Okay, what if we told you to buy crysis?

bob saget
05-29-10, 03:21 AM
I dunno Bob :cool: my only concern is that while people rave about it, and the game video looks great, many people also describe it as a gussied up version of Battlefield 2. Now I've owned all of the Battlefield games, and in terms of time played, I would say it's 1942 > 2142 > Vietnam > Battlefield 2 ........I jus never really liked Battlefield 2 as much as the others. I am also highly unstable so telling me to get Bad Company 2 could only push me further towards Crysis. :cool:

If you like the game videos, then buy it. The game is just like that. Who cares what some douchebag thinks of it. I have more than 5 days worth of time invested in it, and haven't progressed in the singleplayer further than the first level. I can't see myself stopping to play this game for a long time. It is VERY "FLEXIBLE". BUY IT!

v3rninater
05-29-10, 03:32 AM
Yea actually, I'd trust Bob over "some douchebag" ANY day...

Love ya Bob ...single tear...

Seriously though, BFBC2, I love, and I hate it...but I mostly love it, cause it is a great game!

bob saget
05-29-10, 03:35 AM
lol :wonder:

Well I mean if you like the gameplay videos, why bother thinking about what some people's comments are. My number one decision if deciding to buy a new game is either play demo, watch gameplay videos, or both. I haven't been to a review site like gamespot or whatever for years.

nutcrackr
05-29-10, 06:09 AM
I preferred 2142 to 2 and I think BC2 is a lot faster paced. Crysis multiplayer is really not even worth considering.

crainger
05-29-10, 06:39 AM
Deus Ex II

Madpistol
05-29-10, 09:03 AM
BC2 is the answer. As much as I love Crysis's single-player campaign, its time has come and gone, and Crysis's multiplayer isn't played very much at all, so it's not worth it. BC2, on the other hand, has thousands of servers, and most of them are really good. :)

Logical
05-29-10, 09:55 AM
Stunning graphics with mediocre sandbox single player gameplay = Crysis
Stunning graphics with bad multiplayer = Crysis
Stunning graphics that are moddable to be even more stunning = Crysis

Very good graphics and decent single player = BFBC2
Very good graphics and some of the best multiplayer gameplay = BFBC2

Trying to get anywhere near 60 FPS with your super duper computer for either game = BFBC2

BFBC2 and BF2 play differently...BF2 is on a larger scale and is much more vehicle orientated.

Did you get rid of the AGP system btw ? Finally realised that AGP carl weathers is no match for a PCI-E Sylvester Stallone just like in the rocky movies Carl Weathers will die off.

grey_1
05-29-10, 10:53 AM
Did you get rid of the AGP system btw ? Finally realised that AGP carl weathers is no match for a PCI-E Sylvester Stallone just like in the rocky movies Carl Weathers will die off.

:rofl

methimpikehoses
05-29-10, 11:16 AM
Stunning graphics with mediocre sandbox single player gameplay = Crysis
Stunning graphics with bad multiplayer = Crysis
Stunning graphics that are moddable to be even more stunning = Crysis

Very good graphics and decent single player = BFBC2
Very good graphics and some of the best multiplayer gameplay = BFBC2

Trying to get anywhere near 60 FPS with your super duper computer for either game = BFBC2

BFBC2 and BF2 play differently...BF2 is on a larger scale and is much more vehicle orientated.

WELL played, sir.

v3rninater
05-29-10, 11:16 PM
LMAO!!!

05-29-10, 11:48 PM
There are MANY issues here that need to be addressed.

1: Flexibility is always important Bob. :cool:

2: Carl Roswell (nana2) Weathers lives on through E-IDE , and as I said elsewhere, the AGP architecture itself remains DOMINANT, AGP was simply abandoned by jealous video card makers which doesn't change the superiority.

3: Aware of the instability, and as noted by a poster, this could by a reverse psychological ploy to encourage Crysis. On the other hand it could be double reverse psychology leaning towards Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Regardless, I believe I will get Battlefield Bad Company 2... If however, I do not like it, then I will hold HiCZoK personally responsible. :cool:

bob saget
05-30-10, 01:05 AM
Nice get it, and post your user name. I want to stab you.

In the game, of course. :cool:

ragejg
05-30-10, 01:29 AM
Me stab you too. Lots.

416Rigby
05-30-10, 07:10 PM
Get Stalker: Call of Pripyat...

Armed_Baboon
05-30-10, 07:33 PM
Get Stalker: Call of Pripyat...

+ 1, very good graphics, though if you try to turn all graphics options to maximum your computer will not look so super any more.

Zenoth
05-30-10, 08:12 PM
Dawn of War 2 is also very fun.

07-22-10, 03:23 PM
I have not ordered the game yet but I will eventually. :cool: