PDA

View Full Version : Do You turn Your display off ?

Pages : [1] 2

HiCZoK4
06-03-10, 03:36 PM
As in title. I am always turning it on and off with each pc on\off. But also was wondering is there any difference whenever its off(by button) or on "on".

Becouse if its safe to leave it always on(when after like 10seconds it seems to sleep) and just turning pc then I will open that asshole 226bw which is pissing me off with its very bright blue, blinking led!

Damn whoever invented the idea of ****ing blinking blue led with no option to turn it off in osd is :ass

Maverick123w
06-03-10, 03:38 PM
I turn mine off everytime I turn my machine off, but I use a TV.

bob saget
06-03-10, 03:43 PM
As in title. I am always turning it on and off with each pc on\off. But also was wondering is there any difference whenever its off(by button) or on "on".

Becouse if its safe to leave it always on(when after like 10seconds it seems to sleep) and just turning pc then I will open that asshole 226bw which is pissing me off with its very bright blue, blinking led!

Damn whoever invented the idea of ****ing blinking blue led with no option to turn it off in osd is :ass

YES HAHAHAH! The sammy I have had the blinking LED so bright, I couldn't sleep with it. I had to tape a small piece of paper over it. Glad my dell has a not very bright light.

HiCZoK4
06-03-10, 04:01 PM
So if my sammy have a sleep mode, then I do not need to turn it off right?:P

I had it dissassembled twice in past 2 years and Ive seen that there is a separate cable going from led. So I will open that annoying thing and disconnect that cable :lol

well... I am quite used to it but I will have to do it :cry:

nekrosoft13
06-03-10, 04:09 PM
not sure what is better for the monitor, but i keep mine on all the time.

when PC is turned off it goes into standby, I only turn off the monitor if PC has to be on overnight, and there is no need for the monitor to lightup the room

CaptNKILL
06-03-10, 04:11 PM
Some times I leave it on, some times I turn it off.

My PC puts the monitor in standby mode after 10 minutes of being idle though.

Q
06-03-10, 04:12 PM
I leave the monitor on, but it goes to standby in 3 minutes. It consumes a watt of power.

DiscipleDOC
06-03-10, 04:21 PM
No.

grey_1
06-03-10, 04:33 PM
most of the time.

Bearclaw
06-03-10, 04:56 PM
I turn my monitors on when I go into work, turn them off when I leave. I have a laptop at home that sleeps when I don't use it.

onmikesline
06-03-10, 05:16 PM
Same here. My TV doesn't have a sleep mode like a PC display. So I turn it off.
The Dell 3007 on my Mac goes into stand-by.

same here. my 3007 works great when it sleeps but did you ever see artifacts all over when it wakes up. the only way to fix it is to run off the monitor and it will go away. this does not happen all the time

t3hl33td4rg0n
06-03-10, 06:37 PM
Rarely turn mine off, just let it go into standby.

Also, I have a piece of electrical tape covering 90% of the power LED, its large and [too] bright.

frenchy2k1
06-03-10, 07:20 PM
On one computer, I have a Dell monitor and usually just let it go to sleep.
My other monitor is a Sharp HDTV and I send it to sleep (or let it drift to sleep) when I sleep the computer. I still call it sleep provided the remote works on it.

ALobpreis
06-04-10, 10:04 AM
I turn my monitor off every time I will be away from the computer for, let's say, at least one hour. And also of course, every time I turn off the PC.
Why consume 1 watt instead of 0?
I wonder what's the average lifespan of the power button. :D

Gregor976
06-04-10, 01:15 PM
My gaming monitor is a Vizio 46" HDTV. When I shut down the PC the TV turns itself of after 15 seconds with no signal.

When I turn the PC on, the TV turns itself back on.

Could I save a few cents/month by turning the power strip off after shutdown? Probably. Is it worth it to me? No.

lduguay
06-04-10, 02:08 PM
What is wrong with that LED being bright or not? Some of you guys are sleeping with the monitor in your face? Srly, my alarm clock lights up 10 times more that that little POS LED.
And its blinking 12:00 too :(

Back to OP: Mine is ON all the time, Brightness in torch mode, in it's full 130W glory 24/7. No screen saver, no power saving mode, just ON with a static Win7 stock background.

bob saget
06-04-10, 03:28 PM
What is wrong with that LED being bright or not? Some of you guys are sleeping with the monitor in your face? Srly, my alarm clock lights up 10 times more that that little POS LED.

Back to OP: Mine is ON all the time, Brightness in torch mode, in it's full 130W glory 24/7. No screen saver, no power saving mode, just ON with a static Win7 stock background.

have you SEEN a samsung LED, especially the older models. They literally light up my room in total darkness.

bob saget
06-04-10, 03:29 PM

made me :rofl

lduguay
06-04-10, 03:41 PM
have you SEEN a samsung LED, especially the older models. They literally light up my room in total darkness.

Yep have two of them side by side, Samsung 305T. The power button is about the size of my d*ck head :(

http://image2.sina.com.cn/IT/h/2006-11-28/fab917793f7f1364c2edea9e6e602e5b.jpg

Maverick123w
06-04-10, 04:02 PM
Small pepis? :(

lduguay
06-04-10, 04:16 PM
About right in the middle of this chart :o

Now DD is prolly off the chart.:afro:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Penis_frequency.svg/790px-Penis_frequency.svg.png

bob saget
06-04-10, 04:27 PM
:rofl, i love the way this thread turned :bleh:

crainger
06-04-10, 06:40 PM
Haha. WTF? Out of all threads that went this way, I would never expect this one.

Back on topic, I usually just let mine go into standby, but i switch it off at night when I shut down my PC.

mullet
06-04-10, 08:20 PM
shut mine off when I shut the PC off.

Shamrock
06-04-10, 10:58 PM
I have to shut mine off. I have a 24" CRT. It can heat up the room in the winter. ;)