PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Episode 3 on E3?

Pages : [1] 2

Noriega
06-04-10, 04:19 PM
There are some rumors that Valve will show EP3 on E3 and with Natal

http://n4g.com/news/536906/half-life-episode-3-confirmed-for-e3-rumor/com#c-3711170

|MaguS|
06-04-10, 04:31 PM
I expect Episode 3 but I doubt Natal Support. Valve isn't into those stupid gimicks.

XP_GUN
06-04-10, 04:31 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

bacon12
06-04-10, 04:32 PM
Hope its true.

I expect Episode 3 but I doubt Natal Support. Valve isn't into those stupid gimicks.
You underestimate the money that MS would throw at them, valve has shown with l4d that they are committed to supporting the 360.

NarcissistZero
06-04-10, 05:14 PM
You underestimate the money that MS would throw at them, valve has shown with l4d that they are committed to supporting the 360.

They support the 360 because they like making their games available to as many people as possible. That is why Source has low spec requirements, and why Steam makes it easy to join an online game. Valve is all about including people, and Natal would alienate like 90% of their audience.

onmikesline
06-04-10, 05:20 PM
valve knows how to build great games. i would love to visit there office one day. that would be so much fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4IsTfKR2Gk

bob saget
06-04-10, 05:36 PM
The only game to rip BFBC2 out of my hands would be Ep3 or HL3.

saturnotaku
06-04-10, 05:37 PM
Valve is all about including people

Except PS3 owners, right?

bacon12
06-04-10, 05:44 PM
They support the 360 because they like making their games available to as many people as possible. That is why Source has low spec requirements, and why Steam makes it easy to join an online game. Valve is all about including people, and Natal would alienate like 90% of their audience.

That is assuming that it would require Natal instead of being an extra feature. I remember seeing a demo of Natal running HL2.

Sazar
06-04-10, 06:28 PM

Yep, it's entirely their fault that Sony decided to go the route they did in making it SOOOO easy to program for their system.

Btw, how about that Gran Tourismo 5 right? :wonder:

:bleh:

NarcissistZero
06-04-10, 06:31 PM

Within reason.

Noriega
06-04-10, 06:40 PM
Yep, it's entirely their fault that Sony decided to go the route they did in making it SOOOO easy to program for their system.

Btw, how about that Gran Tourismo 5 right? :wonder:

:bleh:

PS3 is dying : (

Mr. Hunt
06-04-10, 06:53 PM
I never even finished Episode 2... maybe if they came out within a reasonable amount of time I would give a crap. Only reason I own Ep. 2 is because of the black box version or whatever the crap it was called that had TF2 and Portal included... if Ep. 3 comes bundled with Portal 2 or something, then I might be interested just for Portal 2.

NarcissistZero
06-04-10, 07:02 PM
I never even finished Episode 2... maybe if they came out within a reasonable amount of time I would give a crap. Only reason I own Ep. 2 is because of the black box version or whatever the crap it was called that had TF2 and Portal included... if Ep. 3 comes bundled with Portal 2 or something, then I might be interested just for Portal 2.

So in your world a great game is only a great game if released within a certain time-frame after its predecessor?

Mr. Hunt
06-04-10, 07:19 PM
So in your world a great game is only a great game if released within a certain time-frame after its predecessor?

No, but episodic content that comes out every 4-5 years isn't exactly much like episodic content.

mojoman0
06-04-10, 08:05 PM
They said portal 2 would be a standalone retail game I thought so I'm assuming $50 so I dont see how that would fit into one of their boxes but well see

NarcissistZero
06-04-10, 08:52 PM
No, but episodic content that comes out every 4-5 years isn't exactly much like episodic content.

That's true, but it's still good stuff.

Mr. Hunt
06-04-10, 09:37 PM
That's true, but it's still good stuff.

Episode 2 was fun for a while... but it just didn't hold my attention. If they did true episodic content I think I would be a much happier customer.

v3rninater
06-04-10, 10:48 PM
At this point, it's been such a long wait, I wouldn't expect anything less then HL3 with a brand new engine from valve. Would be a nice surprise that it's a few months away and that they've been secretly making it for some time now.

If it's the same HL2 engine with EP3, and it's 10hr's or less, valve may just tip over into the crap zone.

I'm almost more excited to play "Black Mesa" than I would be to play EP3 at this point.

NarcissistZero
06-04-10, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't expect a new engine at all... maybe a lot of new modifications, but all new.

Viral
06-05-10, 02:41 AM
If They've learnt anything from Epic they'll be lining up their next engine and HL3 release with the next gen of consoles.

EP3 on the other hand has been too long coming. Granted it's not like they've been doing nothing in the mean time, but I don't know - is it really worth it releasing an EP3 at this point?

HiCZoK4
06-05-10, 03:53 AM

Hunt You are so pathetic. Purchasing a game and not even knowing whats its title? And Its not fair to say EP2 is "crap version" if as You said-> You didnt finished it.

Offcourse I gotta admit that hl3 would be better than those episodic weirdo. But valve managed to make it right and ep2 is just great.

nutcrackr
06-05-10, 05:16 AM
God I hope so. This October it's going to be 3 YEARS since the last episode.

I'm secretly hoping that things got out of control at Valve and instead of making an episode they've decided to make a full game. But which is more likely for Valve? Episode in 3 years of a full game in 3 years? Yep the former :(

onmikesline
06-05-10, 09:46 AM
the engine is old school but its still great. and most people will be able to run it now. why not keep the same engine?

Maverick123w
06-05-10, 10:32 AM
If They've learnt anything from Epic they'll be lining up their next engine and HL3 release with the next gen of consoles.

EP3 on the other hand has been too long coming. Granted it's not like they've been doing nothing in the mean time, but I don't know - is it really worth it releasing an EP3 at this point?

Dear god yes. I can't wait for it to come out.