PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 - GT -

K007
06-05-10, 04:51 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-crysis-2/100957

nutcrackr
06-05-10, 06:13 AM
What a useless teaser :p

But I don't like the fact that the aliens are now there from the beginning (not sure but it looks that way).
Crysis and Far Cry were both great games in the beginning but once the monsters or aliens started to show up, the games started to suck.

Maybe they are reversing things. You play against aliens at the start then later against humans. Would make the ending better :p

Viral
06-05-10, 06:13 AM
I HATE when trailers give away the story! They practically showed the whole game!

:p

|MaguS|
06-05-10, 06:53 AM

But I don't like the fact that the aliens are now there from the beginning (not sure but it looks that way).
Crysis and Far Cry were both great games in the beginning but once the monsters or aliens started to show up, the games started to suck.

Even though I HATED the aliens, I'm glad they are in the game because I hate it more when a sequel ignores the first games story.

Destroy
06-05-10, 08:19 AM
OMG, this thread should have a spoiler tag for that video. :o

BioHazZarD
06-05-10, 09:04 AM
worthless teaser

JasonPC
06-05-10, 11:31 AM
Spike's gametrailers show had lots of actual game footage last night. I'm guessing they'll put the show up on gametrailers or maybe it's already up. The alien combat seemed a lot more fluid but it looked more consoleish... graphics made it looks like it was on console too. Saw it had some framerate slowdowns too. The aliens look like they will fight more like humans in this one.

I was also impressed when the player was cloaked and sniped someone, once he was exposed the enemy shot at him. If it were Crysis 1 he'd be able to shoot at everyone in the area and no one would return fire.

trivium nate
06-05-10, 12:14 PM
yeah i cant wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaco
06-05-10, 12:22 PM
Look through this instead, there's actual gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/94?ch=1&sd=1_hd

Sazar
06-05-10, 12:23 PM

The aliens are NOW there from the beginning?

Do you think that gigantic mountain from Crysis and Warhead magically appeared?

:bleh:

I'm not saying... I'm jus saying !!!

:bleh:

trivium nate
06-05-10, 02:11 PM
cant wait to tear through this with my 480 GTX you think this game will have better sli and multi core support? 6 core support? omg!

Mr. Hunt
06-05-10, 02:32 PM
Watched this on the GTTV show last night and Crysis 2 already looks vastly superior to Crysis... still not sold because Crysis one sucked so hard for gameplay.

mojoman0
06-05-10, 02:37 PM
gameplay...holy smokes

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/94?ep=94&utm_medium=crys.is-copypaste&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=site-basic

Mr. Hunt
06-05-10, 02:45 PM
Yeah, it looks like gameplay actually exists in this one... and the new nanosuit sounds much more fun.

NarcissistZero
06-05-10, 03:39 PM

PC Gamer revealed all of this recently... the aliens are in it more, but the aliens have been revised to be humanoid and share human AI traits.

Redeemed
06-05-10, 07:55 PM
Looks promising.

I liked the first one a lot however, so maybe I'm easier to please. :o

Arioch
06-06-10, 07:14 AM
I saw a video on G4 where a Crytek rep stated they are basically rebooting Crysis with this game so I guess we are supposed to ignore the story impact the first game had.

NarcissistZero
06-06-10, 03:50 PM
I saw a video on G4 where a Crytek rep stated they are basically rebooting Crysis with this game so I guess we are supposed to ignore the story impact the first game had.

I don't think it's a full reboot... pretty sure you play as Prophet from the original game, and those events still happened but this is not a continuation, and they remodeled the aliens.

That's what PC Gamer said anyway.