PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Seige 3 Announced

|MaguS|
06-07-10, 11:47 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/07/obsidian-and-square-enix-announce-dungeon-siege-3-will-include/

Square Enix just announced it will publish the series' third installment, which will be developed by Obsidian Entertainment under the supervision of Dungeon Siege forefather, Gas Powered Games' Chris Taylor.

nekrosoft13
06-07-10, 11:54 AM
interesting mix, Obsidian and Chris Taylor, i wonder how it turns out. Maybe they will make it a bit less action oriented and more RPG.

Vardant
06-07-10, 12:41 PM
Sounds good, Obsidian is pretty busy lately.

HiCZoK4
06-07-10, 12:51 PM
DS was best hacknslash I ever played. DS2 was also good but not so great. Will see.. will see..

nekrosoft13
06-07-10, 01:13 PM
Sounds good, Obsidian is pretty busy lately.

good, its a good studio, some of their games a bit rough around the edges, but still better then 90% of other stuff for sale.

Bladestorm
06-07-10, 01:17 PM
Why do I have this awful feeling Uwe Boll is already filming a movie version of this? ;)

jlippo
06-07-10, 02:18 PM
I just hope that guys from Obsidian are kept far from the code, they really haven't made anything polished or even stable in years.

NarcissistZero
06-07-10, 02:53 PM
These are Diablo style games right? I never got them for that reason, I hate that crap. Obsidian seems a weird fit for that style.

crainger
06-07-10, 03:15 PM
They weren't quite Diablo. You didn't have to click like crazy, you clicked once to select a target and your guy would hack away while you choose spells and special powers. I didn't finish either 1 or 2. Pretty boring. ::(:

|MaguS|
06-07-10, 03:21 PM
These are Diablo style games right? I never got them for that reason, I hate that crap. Obsidian seems a weird fit for that style.

I would say it would be more like NWN2 or a cross between NWN2 and Diablo. It wasn't a diehard RPG but it had good depth in comparison to Diablo and allowed you to control multiple characters at once.

I thought it was a decent game.

t3hl33td4rg0n
06-07-10, 03:54 PM
I own both plus the expansion for the 2nd. Looking forward to the third installment!

NarcissistZero
06-07-10, 08:59 PM
I would say it would be more like NWN2 or a cross between NWN2 and Diablo. It wasn't a diehard RPG but it had good depth in comparison to Diablo and allowed you to control multiple characters at once.

I thought it was a decent game.

Interesting... might get the second one for cheap.

Destroy
06-07-10, 09:15 PM
Played both demos of 1 and 2. The games kind of played them selves. Maybe they'll add something badass to 3 like a direct control feature where you zoom in to first person view and play Dark Messiah style. Then again, I know they won't.

Mr. Hunt
06-07-10, 10:21 PM
Played both demos of 1 and 2. The games kind of played them selves. Maybe they'll add something badass to 3 like a direct control feature where you zoom in to first person view and play Dark Messiah style. Then again, I know they won't.

Same here... I can't play these games that play themselves anymore. I could stand it before (use to play a crapton of MMOs), but now I need direct control over what I am doing. Not a mouse click and a number click basically.

Ninjaman09
06-08-10, 09:27 AM
I tried to enjoy Dungeon Siege and in a lot of ways it had some really great ideas, but it just got so boring to play later on that I couldn't ever finish it. Can't say I'm too excited about another one.

FastRedPonyCar
06-10-10, 03:18 PM
I too felt like they pretty much played themselves. There wasn't a real challenge the way there was with diablo.

With the DS games, once you had a decent amount of power, you could more or less just click an area, sit there and watch your team to destroy everything moving then click the next screen.

that said, they were fun and looked very nice.

Titan quest was sort of a step in the right direction putting more focus on you actually doing something during fights but still, once you could conjure up a pet and had them at a decent level, they had the potential to do a TON of damage letting you kick back and watch them do the dirty work, occasionally lobbing a spell or ranged weapon attack in there every now and then if mobs occurred.

Vardant
01-31-11, 11:17 AM
Preview (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01/28/still-not-a-dungeon-siege-iii/#more-49036) looks really promising.

Destroy
01-31-11, 11:48 AM
Preview (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01/28/still-not-a-dungeon-siege-iii/#more-49036) looks really promising.

Err..not really. Whole article states its been consolized.

|MaguS|
01-31-11, 12:02 PM
Err..not really. Whole article states its been consolized.

So has Crysis 2 and you guys can't seem to keep your hands off your dicks whenever you see a picture of it.

They simplified the nanosuit functions and capabilities and no one seems to notice...

Vanzagar
01-31-11, 12:23 PM
Is this a linear lead you along by the nostrils type game or more of an open ended game? Did the old games support LAN?

oh nvm I remember this game...

|MaguS|
01-31-11, 01:19 PM
Is this a linear lead you along by the nostrils type game or more of an open ended game? Did the old games support LAN?

oh nvm I remember this game...

Original two games offered paths but were linear (so was Diablo). Yes the old games did but that might change, seems many games are ignoring LAN.

Destroy
01-31-11, 01:41 PM
So has Crysis 2 and you guys can't seem to keep your hands off your dicks whenever you see a picture of it.

They simplified the nanosuit functions and capabilities and no one seems to notice...

Preach on, brother. I absolutely notice the console clothing Crysis2 is wearing, which is why I am not excited at all about the game. Will only pick up on the usual cheap, <$15.

Tygerwoody
01-31-11, 09:21 PM
Titan quest was sort of a step in the right direction putting more focus on you actually doing something during fights but still, once you could conjure up a pet and had them at a decent level, they had the potential to do a TON of damage letting you kick back and watch them do the dirty work, occasionally lobbing a spell or ranged weapon attack in there every now and then if mobs occurred.
I disagree.

Titan Quest is incredibly hard at higher levels and difficulties, even with pets. The pets are only helpful in the first 1 or 2 acts. after that they lose their value.

As far as Dungeon Siege 3 goes. I was a huge fan of DS1. DS2 didn't really do much for me. The game seemed to have lost a lot of its charm. I'm willing to give DS3 a chance though.