PDA

View Full Version : SSD Time

mcolbourn
06-14-10, 09:51 AM
OK I want to get myself an SSD around the 128GB mark if possible. I have read a lot of review but there is not one that stands out to me. So I would like some input from you guys What would you guys get I have a budget up to and around 250 or so.

BrianG
06-14-10, 12:33 PM
I went with the Corsair Nova 128 as it continues to be an all-around review winner. Mine is blisteringly fast, has TRIM support and was competitively priced with mainstream SSDs.

Revs
06-14-10, 02:37 PM
My G.Skill Falcon 128 has been flawless to date. About the size and price you're looking at. Not really been keeping up with SSD's of late, though. There's probably something better for similar money, but at the time (about a year ago) I couldn't find a better deal in this price range.

EDIT: Just had a quick look and it seems prices are about the same if not higher than a year ago :wtf:. Have chip prices gone up or something?

FearMeAll
06-14-10, 05:01 PM
EDIT: Just had a quick look and it seems prices are about the same if not higher than a year ago :wtf:. Have chip prices gone up or something?

Prices are higher. Just built budget rigs to stream HD video to and I can't seem to build one for under $350.. I used to be able to. Right now I just buy low end intel CPUs and overclock them to 3hz. I've been successful so far. Just got a 1.8ghz single core celeron to 3ghz only by raising the FSB to 1333. That was it. No voltage change or anything. Tested with Orthos for a few hours. Not bad for a little media center PC in the living room. ;-)

It's not as economical as it used to be to build your own rig. You really have to shop around.

john19055
06-17-10, 02:18 AM
I bought two western digtal 64gb when they were on sale at $129 and yes it boots up quick and shut down ever quicker,but I don't know if it was worth it compared to my Raid-0 3-Western digtal 640gb set up. but it does make the OS more faster when open programs on the drive.