PDA

View Full Version : New Laptop Inspiron 1370

mcolbourn
06-24-10, 03:39 PM
Well I have taken delv of my new laptop that I ordered Its a Dell Inspiron 1370 (akd 13z). I ordered it from the Dell Outlet in the end as it was cheap. The spec I ordered was as follows:

Core 2 Duo SU7300 (1.3 ultra-low-voltage chip)
4GB Ram
320GB Hard Drive
4 Cell Battery
13" 1356*768

I wanted a ultra portable laptop but still wanted a good screen. I could not see the point in going for smaller than a 13" screen. All this cost was a 350 which was a bargain. It was sold as a scratch and dent so could have cosmetic damage but was willing to live with that for the price. BTW it was cherry red colour.

Well today it turned up and got a shock it looks really good only a few light scratches but it was not the laptop sec that was shown in-fact what I got was still a 1370 but better spec.

Core 2 Duo SU9400 (1.4 ultra-low-voltage chip)
4GB Ram
320GB Hard Drive
8 Cell Battery
13" 1356*768

So I got a faster processor and the larger battery for no extra cost.

First thing I did was to make sure it worked and then formatted the HD as it came with Win 7 HP and I installed Ultimate as it will be used in a domain env. at times.

Well performance wise its great fast enough to play 1080p video back via its HDMI output. The screen is glossy a little too bit glossy but perfectly usable unless in direct sunlight. Batty live seem great. Windows guesses that it has about 7hours 50mins when fully charged and just doing some browsing and office apps work. Playing 720p files it says about 5 hours 20mins again not too bad at all. I am really glad that I got the 8 cell battery now.

Q
06-24-10, 03:59 PM
What a steal!!! Good going, man!