PDA

View Full Version : 8800 Ultra, RMA time again..

jeffmd
06-25-10, 03:47 PM
Well today the ram on my beloved evga 8800 ultra died again, 2nd time now. Just entered in a ticket for an rma (life time warranty whoo hoo). I think my next video card will be from another manufacturer (with life time warranty ^^) in hopes of getting one that will atleast last. :/ I had a 7800GS that I had to send back 3 times to finally get one that would work at the rated clock speed.

bacon12
06-25-10, 04:26 PM
All reference boards are the same man. Just a different sticker on them, luck or lack there of on your part.

jeffmd
06-25-10, 04:28 PM
bacon, they may be reference design, evga still prints the board and sets the chips.

bacon12
06-25-10, 04:31 PM
Doesn't foxcon do that? I mean actually everything but maybe assembly.

AthlonXP1800
06-25-10, 04:59 PM
I dont think there are another manufacturers offer lifetime warranty, BFG are no longer sell GPUs so EVGA is the only manufacturer offer lifetime warranty. Zotac has 5 years warranty.

bacon12
06-25-10, 05:21 PM
XFX has double lifetime.

jeffmd
06-25-10, 05:28 PM
ouch... from the looks of it...evga doesn't either. I pulled up some of their expensive cards on new eggs, namely the -AR models, and they all list 2 year warranties. XFX looks like it does some lifetime warranties though.

AthlonXP1800
06-25-10, 06:10 PM
ouch... from the looks of it...evga doesn't either. I pulled up some of their expensive cards on new eggs, namely the -AR models, and they all list 2 year warranties. XFX looks like it does some lifetime warranties though.

Yeah if you dont register either EVGA or XFX product within 30 days then you will automatically get EVGA 2 years warranty or XFX 1 year warranty, better register it within 30 days and you will get lifetime warranty.

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

The EVGA limited lifetime warranty is only eligible for part numbers ending in:
-A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX. (with product registration 30 days from purchase)

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Features/DoubleLifetimeWarranty.aspx

All XFX 6-, 7-, 8-, 9-, GTX, GT and GeForce Series and XFX Radeon HD Series registered Graphics Cards. The limited hardware warranty lasts for a period of one year. However, to be covered by the XFX Double Lifetime Limited Warranty, you must register your card within 30 days of purchase.

jeffmd
06-25-10, 07:30 PM
athlon, I allready know about registering, thats why my 8800 is covered by the lifetime, I didn't know though that the new egg displayed warranty was just if you didnt register it. Thanks for clearing that part up.

bacon12
06-26-10, 10:19 AM
Me either jeff.