PDA

View Full Version : 257.21's won't switch into/out of SLI with McAfee running

wazooda
06-28-10, 06:39 PM
Never have had this problem with ANY version of Nvidia drivers over the years... but this popped up when I went to the new family of 257's.

If I try to turn SLI on or off, I get an Nvidia pop-up that tells me to close mcaagent.exe (the McAfee app) before it will switch SLI states.

I have to end the process, turn SLI on or off, then restart McAfee.

Running W7 x64 Ultimate with 280GTX's.

Anyone else get this?

wheeljack12
06-30-10, 01:32 PM
when I see this, I have to ask the question. Does Nvidia have a amd equivalent of a driver feedback section on their website? Because that's a issue that Nvidia needs to made aware of thus contacting mcafee for a solution. Otherwise, little things like that add up on the reputation of both companies in this case.

nekrosoft13
06-30-10, 03:54 PM
mcafee got some stupid registry "shield" component that checks if program/driver does changes to registry and decides to block them.

and yes nvidia does have a driver feedback page, but i'm not home and don't have the link handy

wheeljack12
06-30-10, 08:45 PM
nekro, you might want to check with the guy that mcafee is popping up and not nvidia's control panel. Because he's saying it's an nvidia popup. I agree that a driver usually doesn't do stuff like that but a antivirus would do such a thing. Norton internet security 2010 has a pita too. I have to turn off sonar protection or my cheats from cheathappens.com won't authenticate with their server and sonar deletes the file because it's accessing memory or windows resources. I can get around the problem by getting a program from cheathappens that disables authentication...

wazooda
07-02-10, 01:43 PM
nekro, you might want to check with the guy that mcafee is popping up and not nvidia's control panel. Because he's saying it's an nvidia popup. I agree that a driver usually doesn't do stuff like that but a antivirus would do such a thing. Norton internet security 2010 has a pita too. I have to turn off sonar protection or my cheats from cheathappens.com won't authenticate with their server and sonar deletes the file because it's accessing memory or windows resources. I can get around the problem by getting a program from cheathappens that disables authentication...

Actually, it really *is* the Nvida control panel that is popping up. It tells me that the changes can't be applied until mcagent.exe is closed.

wheeljack12
07-04-10, 01:41 PM
get nekro to give you that link to driver feedback. As a matter of fact, I would find it handy too. See if you can PM him about it. You can't be the only one with sli/mcafee problems.

wheeljack12
07-07-10, 07:08 PM
btw, I am now getting nvidia control panel prompt when switching from 3d vision surround to sli or sli to disabled sli. It's telling me to shut off powerdvd 10 and windows live messenger before changing video card status.