PDA

View Full Version : Using my wife's New Every 2 to upgrade my phone

saturnotaku
06-29-10, 05:48 AM
I'm currently using a Droid Eris. While I like the phone, I'd love to get my hands on an Incredible. My wife is eligible for her biennial upgrade. On more than one occasion, she's said she likes my phone. I'm wondering if it would be possible to get an Incredible with her upgrade and then switch the phones so I'm on that and she gets the Eris. If so, what's the best way to go about doing it? Would it be better to order online or have it done through a Verizon authorized provider rather than at a corporate retail store? Any insight is appreciated.

ViN86
06-29-10, 10:29 AM
I'm currently using a Droid Eris. While I like the phone, I'd love to get my hands on an Incredible. My wife is eligible for her biennial upgrade. On more than one occasion, she's said she likes my phone. I'm wondering if it would be possible to get an Incredible with her upgrade and then switch the phones so I'm on that and she gets the Eris. If so, what's the best way to go about doing it? Would it be better to order online or have it done through a Verizon authorized provider rather than at a corporate retail store? Any insight is appreciated.

Yes it's possible. We have done it at a Verizon store before. I think you can switch numbers on phones on your account online, too.

Maverick123w
06-29-10, 11:32 AM
I just did this myself. Order it online as you don't have to deal with any mir's. Upgrade her phone online and when it gets in just got to a vzw store and have them do all the work for you.

nrdstrm
07-01-10, 01:19 PM
You can also do this (use someone else on your plan's NE2) at Best Buy. I did it that way. I find it the best option because you don't have to deal with MIRs (They just give it to you at the after rebate price), plus, unlike online ordering, you get to walk out of the store with your phone the same day. Don't get the crappy Best Buy insurance though...

Sazar
07-01-10, 03:56 PM
Let me know what you think of the Incredible :)

It's one of the better phones I have played around with recently, in terms of smoothness of the UI.