PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle's sound

benz0209
07-22-03, 09:42 PM
How does the onboard audio of the nforce based board hold up to the Audigy sound card?

I just got the shuttle sn41g2 and I was wondering If I could get away with the onboard sound?

CaptNKILL
07-22-03, 10:07 PM
If the board is "Soundstorm" certified (just look for it on the box or in any info about the board), it is awesome. If it isnt, you may either have a crappy one or one that is identical to the Soundstorm one (but soundstorm certification requires certain connectors on the back of the board... so might still have a "soundstorm" card but it doesnt use Nvidia's connectors, so it can't use the Soundstorm name).

Im not sure if its better than an Audigy 2, but I have found it to be MUCH better than my Live! 5.1 and my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.... not to mention ANY other soundcard ive used.

My advice: just try it. See if you like the features of the NVidia sound more than the Audigy 2.

The Baron
07-22-03, 10:15 PM
Soundstorm, for me, was orgasmic coming from an SBLive 5.1. Best computer sound I've heard except for the M-Audio Duo, and it was REALLY close (Duo has a decent headphone amp, where I just have to plug the mini cable straight into the PC with Soundstorm).

benz0209
07-25-03, 04:43 PM
wow! it does sound great! I have an audigy in my 1800+ system, and this shuttle board is just as good! Good job Nvidia!