PDA

View Full Version : Windows Phone 7 Series

Pages : [1] 2

NaitoSan
07-01-10, 05:39 AM
Anyone waiting for this phone? More and more I read about it, I'm holding off from upgrading to iPhone 4 for this. You have to admit the interface is slick and looks millions better than iOS4. My opinion of course.

Official Windows Phone 7 Series site

http://www.windowsphone7.com/

The Complete Guide on Windows Phone 7 by Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/18/windows-phone-7-series-the-complete-guide/

Dell Lightning: the ultimate Windows Phone 7 device leaks out

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/dell-lightning-the-ultimate-windows-phone-7-device-leaks-out/

And I'm actually very excited about this. It's a big deal for me plus it supports achievements lol.

Porting Xbox Live Arcade games to Windows Phone 7 may be as simple as adding four lines of code.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Windows-Phone-Arcade-console-Games,news-7284.html

betterdan
07-01-10, 07:09 AM
Yea, I want a smartphone but I am trying to decide between waiting for the Windows 7 phone or a nice new Android phone. I'll probably wait.

nekrosoft13
07-01-10, 08:07 AM
wm7 phones are the reason why my next phone will be android

good going MS

Q
07-01-10, 08:29 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of the Zune interface. I love the Zune software on the PC, too.

However, a lack of multitasking and system wide copy/paste is unacceptable. They've finally got "the phone is not a PC", but they've gone TOO FAR over IMO.

six_storm
07-01-10, 10:10 AM
Did you guys hear that the whole "Kin" phone deal got the cut? MS took the Kin team and threw them into the Win7 Phone team.

Bearclaw
07-01-10, 11:24 AM
Did you guys hear that the whole "Kin" phone deal got the cut? MS took the Kin team and threw them into the Win7 Phone team.

Ya, I almost wholly blame Verizon. They made it a requirement for the Kin phones to have a data plan even though they are not smart phones at all. Lame. Lasted 6 weeks on the market. EPIC FAIL.

betterdan
07-01-10, 11:36 AM
Screw Kin, when is Barbie coming out?

Toss3
07-01-10, 01:52 PM
wm7 phones are the reason why my next phone will be android

good going MS

^This, except I already bought my Android phone. The Samsung Galaxy S is really amazing(except for a few caveats).

Bearclaw
07-01-10, 02:15 PM
Screw Kin, when is Barbie coming out?

t/g

bacon12
07-01-10, 03:20 PM
I have over a year to wait and see if I am even going with a smart phone. I just don't like the idea of that extra cost each month for data. If I need to get online I will hit a hot spot somewhere.

My emails are not that important that they have to be answered right away, and if my customers need me they can make a phone call. What phones were intended for.

I don't think I will ever embrace the mobile market the way it is now, I feel like its such a rip off and huge waste of money.

mullet
07-01-10, 03:45 PM
I don't like the interface to be honest. I know as much about phones, everything I know you could write on a stamp and mail.

Toss3
07-01-10, 04:18 PM
I have over a year to wait and see if I am even going with a smart phone. I just don't like the idea of that extra cost each month for data. If I need to get online I will hit a hot spot somewhere.

My emails are not that important that they have to be answered right away, and if my customers need me they can make a phone call. What phones were intended for.

I don't think I will ever embrace the mobile market the way it is now, I feel like its such a rip off and huge waste of money.

How so? It helps you keep connected with everything and everyone while keeping you entertained. A good smartphone is probably the best gadget investment one can make right now.

bacon12
07-01-10, 04:38 PM
Well I just don't see the added value for $30 a month I guess. Its cool but not necessary for me, like I said my laptop is with me 90% of the time so I will find a hotspot if necessary. I hate answering my phone most of the time, especially when I am trying to work and it won't stop ringing.

Sazar
07-01-10, 04:58 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of the Zune interface. I love the Zune software on the PC, too.

However, a lack of multitasking and system wide copy/paste is unacceptable. They've finally got "the phone is not a PC", but they've gone TOO FAR over IMO.

This.

I was VERY interested after the original debut.

And then the details came out and I said no thanks and bought an iphone4.

betterdan
07-01-10, 04:58 PM
I saw no use in a smartphone myself and rarely ever turned on my Tracfone which has had less than 60 minutes used all year. My wife just got a smartphone and I think it's pretty damn cool and I want one now.

Toss3
07-01-10, 06:28 PM
I saw no use in a smartphone myself and rarely ever turned on my Tracfone which has had less than 60 minutes used all year. My wife just got a smartphone and I think it's pretty damn cool and I want one now.

I rarely use my PC these days as my phone can almost do the same things and it's a lot easier to carry around. :) Only thing missing is flash, but that's coming later this year.

mullet
07-01-10, 06:47 PM

me to but an extra 30 a month. Why is it so damn expensive.

betterdan
07-01-10, 06:57 PM
me to but an extra 30 a month. Why is it so damn expensive.

Yea that part sucks almost as much as Bob on a tuity fruity popsicle.
We are paying $79.99 a month for my wife's plan which is 450 minutes talk, unlimited text and web. She uses her phone to sync with her Exchange server at work for all her tasks, calendar,contacts and email which is important to her for her job. I don't need to do that at all but I just want one anyways :D
If I get a new phone I am seriously thinking about just dropping the house phone which is about $40 a month. That will cover about half the monthly charge. Plus we never answer the damn thing anyways and the answering machine usually has messages from weeks ago on it. :lol:

bacon12
07-01-10, 07:44 PM
I dropped my land line over a year ago Dan. I use two mobiles and one servers as a replacement for the land line/ office. I was contemplating an answering service alone but it would have cost more than adding another line to my mobile plan.

betterdan
07-01-10, 08:05 PM
Well I just talked to the wife and she does not want to get rid of the house phone. :rolleyes:

mullet
07-01-10, 09:15 PM
I dropped my land line over a year ago Dan. I use two mobiles and one servers as a replacement for the land line/ office. I was contemplating an answering service alone but it would have cost more than adding another line to my mobile plan.

I don't have a land line either. I pay about $110.00 unlimited text & pictures with Verizon. I would love the new android but 150+ a month for cells damn. The only carrier worth a **** when all the hurricanes hit was verizon. I don't know I may need to shop around, I am a dumbass when it comes to cell phones.

betterdan
07-02-10, 12:28 AM
Don't worry Mullet, I'm a dumbass when it comes to these phones too (but I'm a freakin' genius on everything else :D)
We jumped on TMobile for my wife's smartphone because on Father's Day all their phones were free plus their plans are the cheapest I've found. She wanted the Garminfone she saw on tv and getting that $199 phone for free, I couldn't resist making her happy.
The thing is our house is in a dead zone but if we go a block down the street we get full 3g signal. Right now the phone is sitting beside me and surprisingly it is getting 2 bars signal with Edge.

mullet
07-02-10, 10:15 AM
hmm, I thought about t-mobile, I will have to do some research. What's edge?

bacon12
07-02-10, 10:48 AM
I am on verison too Mullet. They are for sure the most reliable in my area, but the data plans are also the most expensive. Unless I have a moment of weakness, or land a huge contract that requires me to have it I will most likely be staying with a phone that make calls and little else.

I disabled data on my current phone because I got charged one month for $10 worth of data that I didn't use, I guess it was accidental. :bleh:

Two months later I got another data charge of $5 for a text message with a picture in it! Its just a freaking rip off now, no other way around it. I am so glad I have been so far immune to this tech bug so many people seem to have. When I am away from home I am working, and don't have time to dick around online.

Like I said if I need it I will get it, but its not really something I want so bad that I am willing to pay that much for knowing how bad they are raping the consumer for a little bandwidth.

mullet
07-02-10, 11:20 AM
I completely agree with that Bacon. I guess I look at it like a luxury.