PDA

View Full Version : Sniper - Ghost Warrior

hell_of_doom227
07-04-10, 12:37 PM
Anybody playing this game? Excelletn graphic and game i am really impressed!

mailman2
07-04-10, 12:49 PM
Anybody playing this game? Excelletn graphic and game i am really impressed!

my buddy bought it and said it was pretty cool but hard. I saw some of his screens, looked decent.

Oscar140
07-04-10, 02:12 PM
Got it and couldn't stop till I finished it on "easy", now working my way through "normal"
It is very challenging. I wouldn't expect even the best players to make it through some of the levels without dieing or being caught in the stealth operations 3 or 4 times, .. in my case it was more, but that's to be expected from an ole fart like me.:)

NarcissistZero
07-04-10, 02:23 PM
I was surprised that most levels are more Call of Duty than sniping.

The Chrome engine really looks good here, though not nearly as good as it did in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Same good tricks of light and such to make the game look better than it does though.

PaiN
07-04-10, 02:59 PM
This Sniper is good?
The little I've read on it wasn't to full of praise for the game....some were calling it ridiculous and making fun of the game play.

Mr. Hunt
07-04-10, 03:15 PM
I was interested in it for when it comes down to like... 15 bucks... but after hearing Narc talking about it, I am not so sure. I want a sniper game... not CoD :\.

NarcissistZero
07-04-10, 04:11 PM
I got it for $20 on amazon... it's alright for that price. Better than every other City Interactive cheapo FPS I have played, but that isn't saying a whole lot I guess.

It's mostly CoD style shooting with sniper moments spread out among the levels.

Mr. Hunt
07-04-10, 04:40 PM
That sounds terrible. I just want to snipe people in the face.

LurkerLito
07-04-10, 04:44 PM
Amazon still hasn't shipped my order for the game. I am not liking the description of it being COD like with only a few moments of sniper elements. That is not what I want from a game called Sniper. So from the demo are those 2 levels not representative of the game?

NarcissistZero
07-04-10, 05:21 PM
Amazon still hasn't shipped my order for the game. I am not liking the description of it being COD like with only a few moments of sniper elements. That is not what I want from a game called Sniper. So from the demo are those 2 levels not representative of the game?

I only played the first demo level, and no, it was not representative of the game as a whole. Which isn't to say there is no sniping or sneaking in the game, there is, but it is more action focused in general.

LurkerLito
07-04-10, 06:45 PM
Nuts. That is not what I wanted to hear. Unfortunately, it's too late to cancel my order. Amazon has it as status cannot be changed, but not yet shipped. Kind of sucks, well I did only play $20, but I went by the demo levels and I will write them a complaint if it isn't like the demo most of the way through.

NarcissistZero
07-04-10, 07:42 PM
Yeah, my amazon order took 2 days to process too, I think it said that in fine print when I ordered it and I didn't notice.

Crow_Nest
07-05-10, 05:17 AM
I finished the game few days ago. Overall its an above average game, i'd give it a pass. I mean its still a lot better than Blacksite which bored me so much that i forgot i had it installed.

I played on the hardest difficulty and its surprisingly one of the hardest games ive played. You can suddenly die in 1 - 2 hits while at full health. But one thing that really fails is the unpredictable AI. Theres this particular mission where im supposed to infiltrate an enemy camp undetected. I got rid of all the enemies insight but even when i crawled my way through the compound the alarm ALWAYS sounds. Even though my "stealth" meter was at zero.

Theres also a checkpoint where the game saved at the part where ****loads of enemies spawned and there is no way i can escape to cover. I had to restart the entire chapter again. I wonder if they even did any proper play testing on this game. Because i got pissed off way to many times to think they didnt.

Anyway its a nice game if you can forgive the unpredictable AI and graphical glitches. Dont expect much out of the story, but it should keep you entertained enough to finish the game.

LurkerLito
07-07-10, 11:54 PM
I finally got the full version from amazon, and I like it, I am only at the start where the demo's first level is and the section right before that was kind of lame. It's not sniper, stealth, it's more of a run and gun to get to the truck. Not really what I was expecting from a game called sniper. Also it has some weird bugs, I ran into the guy guarding the truck I was suppose to hide in, but as I switched my weapon to the handgun to kill him I he turned around and I guess I hit the trigger for the sequence, and skipped killing him but hid in the truck even though he was looking right at me right before I went in lol. The first time I ran it it gave me an invalid key message, but is fine after the first run.

I was looking around but I guess there is no FOV fix for the game. It's making me a bit nauseous so I can't play it much at all till someone can come up with a fix. It's weird but the demo didn't affect me that much but then again I guess it was because I didn't play it that long.

Destroy
07-07-10, 11:59 PM
I doubt there ever will be a FOV fix as this game seems to be unworthy of one or at least I get the general impression no one cares. :(

NarcissistZero
07-08-10, 12:49 AM
Was there an FOV tool for Call of Juarez Bound in Blood? Same engine.

Blade
07-08-10, 03:40 AM
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3200927&postcount=194

This is the nearest i can find to tweak the engine.

Online has great potential if the devs support the game, that's a big if too as they don't seem to interested in updating the community.

LurkerLito
07-11-10, 04:25 PM
I searched all the files and couldn't find anything regarding changing the FOV. I even unpacked all the .pak files and searched all the config files it had. No luck at all.

Well I played it for a little bit more and I have to say the game is very disappointing. From what I have played it is a pretty misleading name for a game. They should have just called it warrior cause it definitely doesn't feel like "sniper" to me. I am running through the game with an M-16 and a couple of other guys and it's not exactly feeling sniper like at all. This part takes me about 15 minutes then I am put into a sniper spot and told to ambush some incoming soldiers and that lasts like 3-5mins. Then I am back with the M-16 and the other two guys to go get to some guy. I promptly quit the game since I started feeling a bit sick in more ways than just physical. Still I feel mislead by the name of the game and the demo. I am just hoping the 2 levels of the demo are not the ONLY actual sniper game play sections. Playing a normal FPS game then suddenly putting you into a crows nest to snipe some targets is NOT a game that should be called "Sniper" IMO.

Blade
07-13-10, 05:01 AM
I just called City Interactive direct on their website support number, & was told by a very helpfull lady that the new patch will be released today or tomorrow!

Stay Tuned.

Destroy
07-13-10, 12:17 PM
Good cause we wouldn't want an old one.

Blade
07-14-10, 03:50 AM
Good cause we wouldn't want an old one.

Less Oldism please. :/

crainger
07-14-10, 07:16 AM
Blade is our official call the developer up guy now.

Please call Eidos/Square and find out when for Deus Ex.

Blade
07-14-10, 02:09 PM
I just called City Interactive direct on their website support number, & was told by a very helpfull lady that the new patch will be released today or tomorrow!

Stay Tuned.

No patch!

The bitch lied!

Blade calls no more Devs, i resign.

Fuku2
07-14-10, 02:28 PM
Maybe she meant she was getting a nicotine patch.

Blade
07-14-10, 03:03 PM
Ok i'm re - hired, apologies to the sweet woman ;)

Patch notes:

Updates to Sniper: Ghost Warrior have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

AI
Fixed interactions of camouflage system with plants (the player will be less vulnerable to enemy sight when hidden in vegetation)
Adjusted AI alertness and seeing (e.g. the player will be less vulnerable to enemy sight at long distances)
Tweaked influence of the players posture and movement speed on being spotted by the enemies
Tweaked AI reactions, better behavior in combat situations
Removed over 95% of the static AI scripts during stealth actions and replaced with the improved stealth system
Multiplayer
Fixed multiplayer statistics
Adjusted duration of breath-holding
Fixed minor multiplayer maps geometry issues

Optimizations and Stability
Fixed possible random crashes on multi processor systems
Fixed minor stability problems on several hardware configurations
General Fixes/tweaks
Fixed registration of internet profile
Fixed blink after exiting game to menus
Weapons
Adjusted melee (knife) attack strength