PDA

View Full Version : What's yer phone?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

HiCZoK4
07-07-10, 04:15 PM
I have c702
http://centrumse.pl/obrazki/telefony/c702.jpg

Very slow phone which annoys me. The only good thing is allrigt camera, but it takes ages with steady hand to take a photo

NaitoSan
07-07-10, 06:44 PM
iPhone (first generation)

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/07/0717_idea_winners/image/g_iphone.jpg

Waiting to upgrade after trying Windows Phone 7 out to decide between it and iPhone 4.

Revs
07-08-10, 05:50 AM
Well I have just upgraded to an HTC Desire

How are you finding it? You leik?

mcolbourn
07-08-10, 09:36 AM
I love it its the best phone I have owned by far (I never owned an Iphone) The best thing about it for me is the ability to carry a spare Battery with me. I also love the speed and the apps you can get for it.

Albo
07-16-10, 12:16 PM
This should be stickied.

betterdan
07-17-10, 05:18 AM
Samsung Vibrant (SGH-t959)
http://www.computerworld.com/common/images/site/features/2010/07/asamsungvibrant_338.jpg

Albo
07-28-10, 10:08 PM
Blackberry 8900 :D

http://www.ealvnv.info/wp-content/tbhfiles/post/blackberry-8900-o2.jpg

STICKY THIS NOW!

KasuCode
07-29-10, 01:32 AM
Forgot I have a iPhone 4 - 32 gig version and love it. No drop calls. No antenna problems.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7678/appleiphone41.jpg

Same. No issues love my phone. Sold my Nexus One.

Very fast. Solid and stable. Not 1 droped called. picks up better signal then both nexus one and 3g. In walmart the nexus one and iphone 3g would drop calls. near the back of the store. iPhone 4 keeps 3 bars and works great.

Sazar
07-29-10, 02:02 AM
Same. No issues love my phone. Sold my Nexus One.

Very fast. Solid and stable. Not 1 droped called. picks up better signal then both nexus one and 3g. In walmart the nexus one and iphone 3g would drop calls. near the back of the store. iPhone 4 keeps 3 bars and works great.

All iPhone 4's have the antennae issue and there is apparently a growing issue with the proximity sensor as well that apple is working on addressing in their next software update.

Fwiw. Dropped 5 calls while on the phone with apple yesterday :) 4-5 bars the whole time. Waiting for the recall.

|MaguS|
07-29-10, 07:15 AM
All iPhone 4's have the antennae issue and there is apparently a growing issue with the proximity sensor as well that apple is working on addressing in their next software update.

Fwiw. Dropped 5 calls while on the phone with apple yesterday :) 4-5 bars the whole time. Waiting for the recall.

And you will keep waiting, Apple doesn't do recalls... even when their Monitors had an obvious defect like Yellow Tinting. The "issue" can be fixed by not holding it in the retarded
"death grip" or just getting a case.

As for the topic, im currently using an HTC Aria and an iPhone 3GS 32GB. Thinking about getting a Dell Streak when it launches.

Albo
07-29-10, 09:20 AM
And you will keep waiting, Apple doesn't do recalls... even when their Monitors had an obvious defect like Yellow Tinting. The "issue" can be fixed by not holding it in the retarded

As for the topic, im currently using an HTC Aria and an iPhone 3GS 32GB. Thinking about getting a Dell Streak when it launches.

$5 says you wrote that with an iPhone?

Airbrushkid
07-29-10, 10:44 AM
+1

|MaguS|
07-29-10, 01:41 PM
$5 says you wrote that with an iPhone?

God no, Posting on forums is annoying with the iphone. Im on a PC. :p

HiCZoK4
07-29-10, 02:17 PM
I would not get an apple product even if it would be **** from future. I just dislike them so much becouse of unknown for me reasons.

Sazar
07-29-10, 09:18 PM
And you will keep waiting, Apple doesn't do recalls... even when their Monitors had an obvious defect like Yellow Tinting.

Or the recall for the defective USB power adapters. Oh wait, you said they don't do recalls. I guess that wasn't a recall then :bleh:

The "issue" can be fixed by not holding it in the retarded "death grip" or just getting a case.

What cases? There isn't a decent case on the market and the Apple bumper blows. My return was cancelled and I was refunded so I am going to take a dremel to the ****er and fix it up till I can get the Vapor.

As for holding it funny, it is very easy to make it drop signal :)

And what about the proximity sensor issue?

TUAW had a posting that the 3G and 3GS can be "sped up" by reducing or eliminating any items on the spotlight search and apparently it will stop indexing all the time and speed up :)

Used the Streak a couple of weeks ago and it is pretty snazzy. A little large, but very responsive, even with 1.6.

Smokey
07-30-10, 04:40 AM
Me is mine, LG Secret + iPod Touch for my "smart phone" needs, never wanted to use my telephone for music, so Ive kept them seperate. 2 pics showing off my modded iPod :)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=40788&stc=1&d=1280482521

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=40789&stc=1&d=1280482521http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=40790&stc=1&d=1280482532

hawkeyefan
08-02-10, 12:44 PM
After fooling around with the iphone 4, EVO, Droid X and Galaxy phones, pulled the trigger on a Captivate yesterday. Didn't want to leave ATT and I like the Galaxy over the others, so I'm pleased.

This is my first phone with Swype and I'm definitely not missing the physical keyboard as much as I anticipated. Now, just have to sit back and wait for 2.2 roms to show up in the wild.

betterdan
08-02-10, 12:55 PM
Yea Swype is incredible. I was hesitant on having to learn something new to type but I picked up on it within minutes and it's wonderful.
Hopefully you don't have problems with your gps if you plan on using it much. I keep seeing rumors that Samsung is looking into the problem but so far nothing oficial has been put out.

zoomy942
08-02-10, 12:56 PM
my RAZR ftw. im about to buy a RAZR2 off craiglist for $20

hawkeyefan
08-02-10, 01:11 PM
Yea Swype is incredible. I was hesitant on having to learn something new to type but I picked up on it within minutes and it's wonderful.
Hopefully you don't have problems with your gps if you plan on using it much. I keep seeing rumors that Samsung is looking into the problem but so far nothing oficial has been put out.

Nah, I never use GPS anyway. In fact, we had a hell of a time finding the exact model of car we wanted but WITHOUT nav in the dash.

I'm hearing the same thing too about a potential software fix anywhere from a day to three weeks but if I were somebody that needed GPS, I'd probably have gone with something else. Or even have waited a while longer, though I'm glad I didn't. I like this phone better than the girl's 3GS by a good margin, at least so far.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to root the thing. No idea WTF I'm doing so that should be interesting. Anybody have opinions on LauncherPro or other alternatives to TouchWiz?

betterdan
08-02-10, 01:16 PM
I mainly wanted something with a decent GPS, weather abilities and phone all in one so i could put it in my pocket and use on motorcycle rides. The Vibrant seemed like the newest fastest thing out so I figured the GPS would work just like any other phone. I knew it wouldn't be as good as my wife's garminfone but then I didn't expect it to be as bad as it is now.
I love the phone too, just the GPS is a let down.

I have seen on the T Mobile forum people are using Launcherpro and saying it is faster than TW. I am fine with TW myself.

hawkeyefan
08-02-10, 07:29 PM
I mainly wanted something with a decent GPS, weather abilities and phone all in one so i could put it in my pocket and use on motorcycle rides. The Vibrant seemed like the newest fastest thing out so I figured the GPS would work just like any other phone. I knew it wouldn't be as good as my wife's garminfone but then I didn't expect it to be as bad as it is now.
I love the phone too, just the GPS is a let down.

I have seen on the T Mobile forum people are using Launcherpro and saying it is faster than TW. I am fine with TW myself.

I don't have any specific problem with TW per se, but I like unskinned Android a bit more. I've never used LauncherPro so I don't know whether to go that direction at this point, although it does look good from what I've read.

I am really happy to be sticking with ATT, believe it or not. The fastest speedtest I ran on my previous phone (BlackJack II) was ~5.5Mbits. Ran one today on the Captivate @ ~6.4, and wireless speedtest of 12+Mbits. :lol: The crap Blackjack didn't even have wireless support, so I'm enjoying that aspect immensely.

I rooted the phone earlier and am tinkering now with sideloading apps, removing ATT bloatware and a couple measures to reduce lag on the phone but so far I just love this thing. Battery life appears to be a rough deal but hopefully Battery Defender, Advanced Task Killer, etc. will help with that. I suppose with these massive displays that some of this is unavoidable for now. I absolutely appreciate the oversatured display though. The Droid X looked pretty washed out by comparison, but in fairness, this display doesn't hold a candle to the iphone 4...

dan, have you attempted any of the GPS fixes posted on xda and androidforums? People seem to be reporting decent success with the workarounds until an official update can (hopefully) solve the issue for good.

betterdan
08-03-10, 05:21 AM
Yea I tried those settings and it helps get a lock faster but the accuracy is what sucks.
I'm happy with the battery life on mine. With constant use I get between 10-12 hours out of it. When I leave it alone I get a couple days.
I exchanged my first Vibrant last night for another one since the first one kept locking up, losing phone connection till I rebooted it, losing internet connection until I rebooted it after hooking it up to the USB on the computer etc. I hope this second one is better.

saturnotaku
08-24-10, 08:06 PM
Verizon let me do an early upgrade so I swapped my Eris for an Incredible. The DroidX is nice, but it's too bulky to carry comfortably in my pocket all day. I also prefer HTC Sense to MotoBlur.

zoomy942
08-24-10, 10:33 PM
RAZR2 will be here in 7 days.