PDA

View Full Version : Gaming on middle Monitor of a 3 monitor setup

Mr Bigman
07-05-10, 01:34 AM
got 3 lcd's on a test rig and playing some older stuff like UT2k4 and bf series and want to use the middle lcd instead of the default and still keep the spaning accross the 3 screens with reualr apps like IE and paintshop.

For instance UT opens on left screen and want it to start on middle screen while having a browser window sopen on left and hulu on right.

wheeljack12
07-05-10, 02:40 PM
1st off, what are you using for 3 monitors in a 285 tri sli setup. Because I thought 3d vision surround was for the gtx 400 series only? Anyhow, if you are using 3d vision surround, you would have to change the order of which the monitors are set to in nvidia control panel. The crappy thing is that your mouse orientation will be messed up as you won't be scrolling literally left to right. It will force the game and apps to the monitors you want though.

Mr Bigman
07-05-10, 08:47 PM
This is for a different system ot the I7, its for the Core2duo ati setup wchich is 2 4800 in crossfirex and a 3ghx cpu with xp pro and 2 500 gig drives just for ****ing around and for older stuff to screw around with.

I have 3 lcd's hooked up and all games start on the first lcd which i would like to have them start on the middle one.

I know i can select 2nd monitor as default but it screws up the stretched panarama wallpaper im using which looks good and if i select 2nd monitor as primary i screw up the nice wallpaper settings.

wheeljack12
07-05-10, 11:40 PM
again, what are you using to span 3 monitors? are you using the matrox triple head setup because the 4800 series doesn't support eyefinity which again gets me wondering how you are spanning 3 monitors. Unless you are using ati's hydravision that was 1st built into ati drivers and now a seperate download. The only thing that I can think of is switching monitor cables on the back of the video cards and see what happens.

Mr Bigman
07-06-10, 12:09 AM
Just have 3 monitors hooked up to the 3 of 4 heads on the 2 gpu's with ati crossfire turned off so they can offer 4 outputs and haven't played with hydrovision yet cuz heaving the os to extend the dekstops accross 3 lcd's.

darkrider01
07-06-10, 12:33 PM
again, what are you using to span 3 monitors? are you using the matrox triple head setup because the 4800 series doesn't support eyefinity which again gets me wondering how you are spanning 3 monitors. Unless you are using ati's hydravision that was 1st built into ati drivers and now a seperate download. The only thing that I can think of is switching monitor cables on the back of the video cards and see what happens.

He said he's using WinXP - Windows XP supported spanning.

My guess is that the only way to get things to do what you want Bigman is to use something like DisplayFusion or UltraMon to set and save window positions.

Mr Bigman
07-06-10, 01:26 PM
That might work.

Does Display fusion work with intel cpu's on radeon chipsets

wheeljack12
07-09-10, 04:56 AM
here's the site for display fusion and ultramon. doesn't say anything about compatibility on the website though for display fusion. if you are looking for feature difference on the display fusion page, click in free vs. pro at the top of the page. very dynamic both I would say. Sorry about the xp thing, never got to experience multi monitor spanning on xp.

http://www.displayfusion.com/

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/