Also, only 6 wrenches left!!!

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/

Sazar
07-08-10, 01:30 PM
I want to play Hightower already :D

Looks like a beast demo map :cool:

Bearclaw
07-08-10, 01:45 PM
What exactly are the golden wrenches for?

Sazar
07-08-10, 02:02 PM
There are just a random drop.

They do nothing more than turning people who they frag, into golden statues.

But since it is a limited drop, everyone wants one.

I know I still want the Apple Mac headsets. Those are sweet. A lot of people want my Primeval Warrior badge as well :D

Albo
07-08-10, 08:26 PM
There are just a random drop.

They do nothing more than turning people who they frag, into golden statues.

But since it is a limited drop, everyone wants one.

I know I still want the Apple Mac headsets. Those are sweet. A lot of people want my Primeval Warrior badge as well :D

Well, when you craft, you have a chance to get them, which is what Valve said, but that's not true. Alright read:
Valve said you have a chance to get the wrench anytime in the next 3 days and it's random. People decided to craft everything in their backpacks away for it, me including. After a day, some people crafted once and got the wrench, just one craft and they were lucky. It was later found out that a valve employee released the predetermined times for the drops of the wrenches out. Once the time expired, the next incoming craft would get the wrench. Drunken f00l, a community hero and hated for the idler program, was one of the people. He was called by the game's owner, the owner's home phone and they talked about what he did, and that he was getting a vac ban, and the wrench removed. Since then a lot more people have gotten vac bans for finding out the predetermined times, and crafting at that time.

If you care, read this FAQ by drunken f00l

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/sourceop.htm

Anyways, the golden wrench is nothing that what he said.
And you can't get the mac headphones anymore, you had to log into a mac and play the game once until June 14th I think or something like that, anyways, it's over. I got one though, and i don't even have a mac. :D

Update is out, new gun. This should be fun, although the land grab achievement isn't what I thought it would be :( But still no time to think about that.

General Lee
07-09-10, 12:01 PM
The Engineer has a new shotgun that doesn't get random critical hits, but revenge crits instead. If his sentry gun is destroyed, his next two shotgun shots, if he doesn't die first, are crits, and if he gets an assist, he gets one crit shot.

He also can use a pistol replacement to aim his sentry and fire at will, as well as put a shield around his sentry that takes away 66% of damage done to it. He can also build in one spot, and then carry his building to another place...very handy.

This new update requires a good team to include at least one medic at all times, and is best if there are at least two on the team.

mojoman0
07-09-10, 12:18 PM
Also can drop mini turrets with fast build but weaker

mullet
07-09-10, 02:29 PM
I got the gunslinger, it is cool as hell. people on the server really hate me now.

Albo
07-09-10, 03:32 PM
I met someone with a golden wrench in an achievement server today. It's cooler than I expected.. lol

six_storm
07-09-10, 03:41 PM
I haven't played TF2 in a while so I may have to try to play it again.

Mr. Hunt
07-09-10, 06:35 PM
I really hate how Valve does the achievements. Most of the ones you can get at the start are retarded because out of 36 or whatever achievements, 20 of them require the LAST UNLOCK. Retarded crap.

Albo
07-09-10, 09:45 PM
I really hate how Valve does the achievements. Most of the ones you can get at the start are retarded because out of 36 or whatever achievements, 20 of them require the LAST UNLOCK. Retarded crap.

I agree. But, it's not that hard. Every 5 achievements you get an unlock. And 17/38 isn't hard IMO.

Mr. Hunt
07-09-10, 10:51 PM
I think I am at 14/17 right now, but these last 3 are going to be retarded. Some just take forever.

Phyxion
07-10-10, 10:44 AM
You must really suck since it are just 17 achievements and I got them is just ~2 hours.

Sazar
07-10-10, 02:14 PM
Also, many of the items will drop randomly anyway so it doesn't matter about achievement whoring.

mullet
07-10-10, 04:21 PM
I have everything except the gold wrench. :(

Mr. Hunt
07-10-10, 05:51 PM
You must really suck since it are just 17 achievements and I got them is just ~2 hours.

Not a matter of sucking. It is a matter of every team having 99% engineers.

Sazar
07-10-10, 08:21 PM
The game just seems very laggy now as well.

General Lee
07-11-10, 05:33 PM
Not a matter of sucking. It is a matter of every team having 99% engineers.

The server I always play on, Alpha Omega's 24/7 2Fort server, only allows 3 Engineers on each team, unless a server donater wants to also be an Engineer.

As for the achievements and unlocks, that wasn't a problem for me. I had every achievement before the Engineer update, and soon I'll have them all again. I got about half of the achievements in my first game I played, and I'll have the last few before too awful long. I already have all the new Engineer weapons. :)

styles-T
07-11-10, 06:19 PM

This is the one thing I noticed. I thought it was my pc but it felt like i went from 120 fps to 30. Such a huge difference on a 32 man server.:(

six_storm
07-11-10, 11:11 PM

Glad I'm not the only one that notices this. I'm hanging around 25-30 FPS on average in combat. LAME.

Viral
07-12-10, 12:33 AM
I've never gotten into TF2 before but I downloaded it when it was cheap like a month ago and only started playing after this update. I don't notice any performance problems or lag (my ping ranges from 30-80ms, averages around 50) but then again I didn't play much before this update and that was years ago so comparison is pretty much impossible... either way, frame rate seems fine, will check properly next time I play - maybe I'm just not that picky.

Sazar
07-12-10, 12:48 AM
lol, if you are on the same server as me, I pray you are not a noob Viral :D

We don't take kindly to your kind (hence why there are tutorials and stuff).

TF2 is just a blast though :D

Right now the Engineers just seem a little over-powered. I am expecting another patch soon to re-balance them. With everyone playing engineer, it is almost impossible to take out all the guns if there aren't any medics.

General Lee
07-12-10, 12:50 AM
Glad I'm not the only one that notices this. I'm hanging around 25-30 FPS on average in combat. LAME.

It does seem like there's something not quite right since this update came out.

six_storm
07-12-10, 11:14 AM
It does seem like there's something not quite right since this update came out.

Both CSS and TF2 seem laggy and the performance isn't very good. It seems like an engine update? I really hope they fix it soon. I'd really like to play some CSS and TF2.