PDA

View Full Version : Mafia II PC System Requirements

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
07-08-10, 10:04 PM
2K Games has announced the minimum and recommended system requirements for Mafia II on the PC:
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
- Processor: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (Dual core) or higher
- RAM: 1.5 GB
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 / ATI HD2600 Pro or better
- Hard Disc Space: 8 GB
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse or Windows compatible gamepad

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX / ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
- Hard Disc: 10 GB
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card

PHYSX & APEX ENHANCEMENTS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) / Windows Vista / Windows 7 Minimum Processor: 2.4 GHz Quad Core processor
- Recommended Processor: 2.66 GHz Core i7-920 RAM: 2 GB

Video Cards and resolution: APEX medium settings
- Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (or better) for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
- Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better)

Video Cards and resolution: APEX High settings
- Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better) and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
- Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA GTX 285 (or better) for PhysX NVIDIA GPU driver: 197.13 or later.
- NVIDIA PhysX driver: 10.04.02_9.10.0522. Included and automatically installed with the game.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=29326

vgame64
07-08-10, 10:49 PM
(nana2)

My 3x480's may finally get a good workout!

Destroy
07-08-10, 11:28 PM
With those specs, this better be one outstanding looking game and not just blurry console port assets.

JasonPC
07-08-10, 11:29 PM
A 480 AND GTX 285 recommended? That's insane! These are the highest physx requirements we have seen so far. Nvidia must have paid them off pretty good ;) So good that almost no one will be able to run physx on high if you need a freaking 285 who the hell uses that powerhouse for physx?

NarcissistZero
07-09-10, 12:38 AM
It's worth pointing out that the normal recommended specs are quite low... physx once again is a massive hit on performance for no real equal benefit.

sillyeagle
07-09-10, 01:03 AM
Yeah, PC market is becoming some what of a scam with the way they time and rig everything. Each new generation locks out the previous in some way, which is clearly done with intent to force purhases. The way they use Cryostasis for example really highlighted this.

Fotis
07-09-10, 03:20 AM
Maybe I'll put my 9800GTX physx in my rig again for this one but I'll probably wait for you guys to give me the thumbs up if its worth all the fuss.

bob saget
07-09-10, 03:46 AM
i don't really care, since I can't have physX onna computer with an ATi card. I just hope game is good. Hell, if it's half as good as Mafia 1, I'll be happy.

nutcrackr
07-09-10, 04:56 AM
It's worth pointing out that the normal recommended specs are quite low... physx once again is a massive hit on performance for no real equal benefit.
quoted for truth and posterity for a younger generation of fans.

RAM is low also, 2gb mates

K007
07-09-10, 05:15 AM
Hmm.....those recommended settings = 10fps? Game can't be that well optimized :/

nekrosoft13
07-09-10, 08:09 AM
you simply can't win with some people

game has low specs, boohoo a new game doesn't push the PC to the max, damn port
game has higher specs, boo hoo a new game requires a bit more power must be coded bad.

Arioch
07-09-10, 08:41 AM
I'm sure it will run better than Metro 2033 did for me so bring it on!

JasonPC
07-09-10, 10:25 AM
If the game legitimately had high recommended hardware without physx it would be one thing but the recommended system with physx is just astronomical especially compared to that without physx. It's almost to the point of obscurity. I would hope they are either overstated or there are scalable settings and the highest end physx is extremely impressive. But given the history of physx titles, I doubt that.

Viral
07-09-10, 10:32 AM
If the game legitimately had high recommended hardware without physx it would be one thing but the recommended system with physx is just astronomical especially compared to that without physx. It's almost to the point of obscurity. I would hope they are either overstated or there are scalable settings and the highest end physx is extremely impressive. But given the history of physx titles, I doubt that.

+1

The requirements are fine, but the PhysX requirements would need to warrant the most amazing physics effects we've ever seen by a long shot. I can't see that happening. Hopefully they've over stated it. I can't see why you would need a GTX 285 for high physX, that's insane.

newparad1gm
07-09-10, 10:45 AM
Since they are basically already in NVIDIA's pocket with this PhysX stuff, hopefully Mafia II will support 3D Vision Surround as well without problems.

Sean_W
07-09-10, 11:03 AM
So for a non-hardcore gamer, Mafia 2 will cost you around a 1000 to play on the highest settings. :headexplode:

nekrosoft13
07-09-10, 11:12 AM

those are quite standard recommended settings that it applies to almost all today games.

Sean_W
07-09-10, 11:18 AM

those are quite standard recommended settings that it applies to almost all today games.

I'm talking about the PhysX requirements, so if you want the full settings and all or full experience which no doubt, they will be marketing. Plus 3D setup, plus game.

JasonPC
07-09-10, 12:41 PM
From the sounds of it, if you have an SLI setup you will probably be better off removing the SLI profile for the game and using the second card just for physx.

nekrosoft13
07-09-10, 12:50 PM
I'm talking about the PhysX requirements, so if you want the full settings and all or full experience which no doubt, they will be marketing. Plus 3D setup, plus game.

physx portion can be enabled or disabled, is just extra feature for those that want it or have hardware for it.

mailman2
07-09-10, 03:24 PM
PhysX FTL!! Once again propietary APIs make for EPIC failure!!

bacon12
07-09-10, 03:50 PM
+1

The requirements are fine, but the PhysX requirements would need to warrant the most amazing physics effects we've ever seen by a long shot. I can't see that happening. Hopefully they've over stated it. I can't see why you would need a GTX 285 for high physX, that's insane.

I can't imagine the math that would require a GTX 285 either. Seems crazy, and you would think anything in the last gen would be more than enough.

NarcissistZero
07-09-10, 06:40 PM
I would take 60fps no Physx over 30fps with Physx any day... which has been my experience so far.

mailman2
07-09-10, 07:42 PM
I would take 60fps no Physx over 30fps with Physx any day... which has been my experience so far.

PhysX needs to die. Its useless, needs dedicated hardware, is too much of a performance hit - all for a few particles lmao. :thumbdwn:

Destroy
07-09-10, 10:16 PM
We need more of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwT8XM0AUPM) greatness and zero dedicated hardware crap.