PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 11 Engine Optimized For PC

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
07-08-10, 09:15 PM
Electronic Arts has announced that the football engine that drives FIFA on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 has arrived for FIFA 11 PC. The game engine has been optimized for the PC, apparently bringing console-quality gameplay, game modes and visuals to FIFA 11 PC. More details on features and modes will be released in the coming weeks.

http://fifa.easports.com/en/home.action

NOTE: Old engine will be moved to free FiFA Online game.

Albo
07-09-10, 12:43 AM
YES!
Although, I think I'll end up buying this for my PS3.

MaXThReAT
07-09-10, 12:59 AM
The game engine has been optimized for the PC, apparently bringing console-quality gameplay, game modes and visuals to FIFA 11 PC.

I love the game but WOW really this puts it over the top, thanks for that EA.
Console quality visuals on the PC, how did they ever manage to achive that along with packing in all that high quality console gameplay and game modes, all on a little PC DVD. Amazing.
:afraid:

Blade
07-09-10, 03:15 AM
They can FO if they're gonna bring me console quality visuals!

nutcrackr
07-09-10, 03:52 AM
hope it runs as well as star wars force unleashed

K007
07-09-10, 04:20 AM
lol...

Noriega
07-09-10, 04:58 AM
Console quality visuals on the PC, how did they ever manage to achive that along with packing in all that high quality console gameplay and game modes, all on a little PC DVD. Amazing.

haha nice one

Console visuals... does it mean that aliasing is so big that goal crossbar is so jagged that you can't see if the ball is in or not... just like you're an Uruguay arbiter!

MUYA
07-09-10, 05:17 AM
Fifa series till this one have used the antiquated graphics engine that was developed for erm PS2? or something? All I know is that having played PS3 version at my mates place for last few versions of fifa games, the difference in visuals were so much in favor of the PS3. Which surprised me because, PC graphics (at the high end) should be capable of better.

This news is getting me excited about FIFA11 for PC!

nekrosoft13
07-09-10, 07:05 AM

it means that the PC finally will get the updated engine, and the old engine that hasn't changed from around 2004 will be moved to free FiFA online game.

Destroy
07-09-10, 07:45 AM
They can FO if they're gonna bring me console quality visuals!

QFT.

Noriega
07-09-10, 07:49 AM
it means that the PC finally will get the updated engine, and the old engine that hasn't changed from around 2004 will be moved to free FiFA online game.

To była ironia : )

How to say that in english?

ViN86
07-09-10, 07:55 AM
Leave it to a bunch of PC fanboys to bitch about finally getting the new engine. :rolleyes:

You all sound like little girls.

I am with MUYA on this one and am excited to see FIFA 11 on the PC.

Noriega
07-09-10, 08:11 AM
Well most of console guys only mention how bad Fifa on PC was but never talk about how much better PES 2010 is on PC. I have enough bitich of console guys and Fifa 11 will at last over it.

ViN86
07-09-10, 08:13 AM
Well most of console guys only mention how bad Fifa on PC was but never talk about how much better PES 2010 is on PC. I have enough bitich of console guys and Fifa 11 will at last over it.

I don't even know what you're trying to say (I can't understand it).

My point was you guys finally get good news that you are getting the new engine for FIFA 11, but instead you still bitch about other things. EA would have been better just leaving FIFA on consoles instead of dealing with you prima donna's.

nekrosoft13
07-09-10, 08:29 AM
While PES was better then FiFA 2010 (PC) and below it gameplay it was much worse in content, PES had maybe 10% of the teams and none of them with correct squads.

FIFA 2011 now with new engine will destroy PES. I have it pre-ordered!!

Noriega
07-09-10, 08:34 AM
I'm not a big football fan so I don't need a lot of content. I focus on player vs player part and 2 players ( or more) vs com, and I've ennjoyed this part more on PES 2010 ( PC) than on FIFA 2010 (PS3). I hope Fifa 11 will be much better than 2010 because content is amaizing but gameplay need more attention.

Retrolock
07-09-10, 09:06 AM
Meh, not a fan of Football or Soccer. Dammit EA should just make a straight to PC port of NBA Live 11. Now that's Lebron's going to Miami I'm gonna destroy the Lakers.

We still have NBA 2K11 with Michael Jordan on the cover so SCREW YOU EA FOR YOUR ****TY CONSOLE PORTS!

:p

Sean_W
07-09-10, 11:19 AM
I bet the Need for Speed series used the same engine for about 10 years, so what's new? No doubt FIFA 20 will use the same engine as this one.

mojoman0
07-09-10, 11:23 AM
Wonder if this means the same deal and return of madden on pc

nekrosoft13
07-09-10, 11:52 AM
Wonder if this means the same deal and return of madden on pc

probably not, Madden American Football or Rugby is only popular in USA, and majority of Madden players in USA always played on console to small market.

FIFA is played/bought around the world, and in countries where more PC games are sold then all consoles combined.

Logical
07-09-10, 02:52 PM
While PES was better then FiFA 2010 (PC) and below it gameplay it was much worse in content, PES had maybe 10% of the teams and none of them with correct squads.

FIFA 2011 now with new engine will destroy PES. I have it pre-ordered!!

PES 2011 will destroy FIFA 2011. Wether EA bring the new engine to PC or not...

This year PES will rightfully earn back the best football game. As for liscense and teams.....If FIFA had any where near the mod support that PES has i would have to agree with you Nekro..but it doesn't and as a result for the last 4 PES games i have installed Kit server and had every team and player with correct strip, name and badge....and animated custom AD boards...and custom cups...enhanced visuals....everything right down to the football boots.

Keep yer FIFA. PES is and always will be best football game.

(lee63)

Albo
07-14-10, 01:43 PM
Wait, so why do they continue to release this game, but have stopped releasing NBA Live and Madden and stuff on the PC?
I realize it's Pirates, but I mean, if you're not going to release games for the PC claiming that it's because of Pirates, don't continue releasing them..

mojoman0
07-14-10, 01:46 PM
as nekro said, because soccer/futbol is a popular sport worldwide much like pc gaming

ViN86
07-14-10, 02:12 PM
Wait, so why do they continue to release this game, but have stopped releasing NBA Live and Madden and stuff on the PC?
I realize it's Pirates, but I mean, if you're not going to release games for the PC claiming that it's because of Pirates, don't continue releasing them..
IIRC, FIFA is one of the best selling games in the world due to the popularity of soccer/football/futbol/etc.

MUYA
07-14-10, 09:11 PM
Seriously you have PES vs FIFA fanboi musings going here too. What is the world coming too! :p

having said that, personally I am looking forward to FIFA2011 for its graphic upgrade and casual gameplay based approach. This is as opposed to having to master all those combos for different skilled moves etc on the PES which is neat, but not my cup of tea.