PDA

View Full Version : avadirect's gtx 480m laptop reviewed

wheeljack12
07-09-10, 09:57 PM
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3803/avadirect-clevo-w880cu-fermi-gtx-480m

snowmanwithahat
07-10-10, 12:56 AM
yup.... almost as good as a GTX 465.

I'll admit they're making progress in the mobile market but it blows that they use the high-end names for mid-range cards in the mobile generation

Madpistol
07-10-10, 10:46 AM
yup.... almost as good as a GTX 465.

I'll admit they're making progress in the mobile market but it blows that they use the high-end names for mid-range cards in the mobile generation

It doesn't make sense, but it's always been that way. I guess they consider "close" a victory in the mobile market.

At least the thermals are better on the mobile cards.

john19055
07-10-10, 01:52 PM
The way I read it ,if it is just running on battery power ,it can't even run at it full potenial,so why.Who wants a note book that you have to be near a wall socket to even play a game.It does not make no sense to me .Plus they should call the cards what they are HD5870M= a slower HD5770 or the GTX 480m is realy a slower version of a GTX 465 with more memory but at a lower speed.

Bah!
07-11-10, 10:48 AM
The way I read it ,if it is just running on battery power ,it can't even run at it full potenial,so why.Who wants a note book that you have to be near a wall socket to even play a game.It does not make no sense to me .

People who buy gaming laptops aren't concerned about portability in the same way your average laptop user is. They are basically desktop replacements that travel better.

Most users will have them plugged in 99% of the time, because a battery won't let you game on one anyway, at least not for any length of time.