PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking guide for the GTX 465! GTX 465 to GTX 470?

MUYA
07-11-10, 11:06 PM
Here you go...

http://en.expreview.com/2010/07/11/guide-on-how-to-unlock-the-geforce-gtx-465/7865.html#more-7865

In another word, there’re two versions of GTX 465 available on the market – one is 10 memory chip version with part of SP and memory controllers disabled, which means it could possibly be unlocked; another one is original 8 memory chip version which is not unlockable

For now only the GeForce GTX 465 with 10 memory chips can be unlocked. The utility that Asus offers is very safe and simple, but it can only unlock the disabled stream processors. If you want to activate the disabled memory and memory controllers as well, you’ll need to flash the BIOS, which is more difficult and risky.

I guess nobody would say no to the performance improvements generated by simple alteration free of charge. With stream processors unlocked, you’ll get 13% performance improvements; with the memory unlocked, you’ll get 25% performance improvements.

Dunno if it really works but, I thought I would share this...if it hasn't been already.

The only thing is, you have to ask by email for the unlocker software....

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK - IF YOU TRY UNLOCKING AND IT GOES FUBAR, YOU ARE SOLEY RESPONSIBLE NO ONE ELSE!