PDA

View Full Version : Who's buying Kinect on release? What games?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Lyme
07-23-10, 12:56 PM
Ok, who's buying Kinect on release and what games? For extra points, why that game?

Games announced so far:
* Kinect Adventures (Microsoft Game Studios) (supposed to be included in the box).
* Kinectimals (Frontier Studio/Microsoft Game Studios)
* Kinect Joy Ride (Big Park/Microsoft Game Studios)
* Kinect Sports (Rare/Microsoft Game Studios)
* Dance Central (MTV Games)
* Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Ubisoft)
* EA Sports Active 2 (EA)
* Deca Sports Freedom (Hudson)
* Dance Masters (Konami)
* Adrenalin Misfits (Konami)
* Zumba Fitness (Majesco)
* Sonic Free Riders (Sega)
* The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout (THQ)
* Motion Sports (Ubisoft)
* Game Party: In Motion (Warner Bros.)

-----------

I'm likely going to pick this up on launch and grab Sports and Dance Central, because sports is the run of the mill usual bunch of games in one, and dance central looks pretty fun as a party game.

Feel free to crap on Kinect and MS in http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=151987 thread.

Mr. Hunt
07-23-10, 01:17 PM
The good thing about there being so many "sports" games on launch is you can buy 1 game and you basically have every other Kinect game available at that time.

NaitoSan
07-24-10, 07:22 AM
I'm getting Kinect on launch day (it comes with Kinect Adventures) and maybe Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.

Bman212121
07-24-10, 09:00 AM
I like how a bunch of them are workout games. It's not good enough anymore to buy a $10 workout DVD. Now you have to spend $300 or more for the interactive experience. :lol:

ViN86
07-24-10, 10:52 AM
No, I am not buying a kinect. I can't wait for these motion control gimmicks to fade away. But if I were to get one for 360 or PS3, I'd probably pick the PS3 Move. It's aimed towards older gamers imo.

GIGARAM
07-24-10, 02:32 PM
There is no way im paying 130 for a controler (i can get a nintendo wii for the same price and it dose the same thing get you off your fat ass jumpin around like a gimp).
Microsoft have got the price all wrong the kinect is a gimick only to be played when frends or family are over for a party.
Im haging on for the playstation move what with socom 4 and time crisis working with move loads better games.

crainger
07-24-10, 06:51 PM
I'm getting a Kinect so I can stroke Lara's arse in her new Live Arcade game.

ViN86
07-25-10, 01:19 AM
I'm getting a Kinect so I can stroke Lara's arse in her new Live Arcade game.

I think you will find that relationship one-sided crainger. :(

Ruined
07-25-10, 11:11 AM
I got Kinect on order from TRU for $96 shipped.

Probably will pick up Kinectimals, Dance Central, and Kinect Sports.

Bah!
07-26-10, 03:29 AM
Considering it has a two player limit, worse specs than the Eye Toy, and Kung Fu Live is better than the entire Kinect launch library on it's own, I think I'll pass.

jlippo
07-27-10, 01:52 AM
Nope, not that interested in having depth sensing eye-toy.
I'm more interested what they will do next gen, when bandwidth to the device is high enough for proper quality.

CaptnStubing
07-28-10, 01:07 PM
The good thing about there being so many "sports" games on launch is you can buy 1 game and you basically have every other Kinect game available at that time.

Exactly

I have to get this because my son is so excited about it. I'll maybe play it a little bit with him but it's going to be his present.

ViN86
07-28-10, 01:26 PM
You may want to wait a week or so after launch though Stubs, and check some reviews to see which sports game is the best.

Greg
07-29-10, 08:52 AM
Games? I just want to control Media Center by yelling at the TV and waving my arms about!

zoomy942
07-29-10, 09:48 AM
No, I am not buying a kinect. I can't wait for these motion control gimmicks to fade away. But if I were to get one for 360 or PS3, I'd probably pick the PS3 Move. It's aimed towards older gamers imo.

fade? you kinda sound like Prince saying "cell phones and internet are a fad." ;) lol

The wii sold a stupid amount and sony and M$ are adding more interactive types of game play. Motion isnt going anywhere.

Lyme
07-29-10, 11:38 AM
fade? you kinda sound like Prince saying "cell phones and internet are a fad." ;) lol

The wii sold a stupid amount and sony and M$ are adding more interactive types of game play. Motion isnt going anywhere.

He is part of the "anti-moving movement"

crainger
07-29-10, 04:00 PM
Games? I just want to control Media Center by yelling at the TV and waving my arms about!

QFT.

This is what it is all about.

|MaguS|
07-29-10, 04:04 PM

Just make sure you are standing while attemping this or it wont work.

Lyme
08-06-10, 02:28 AM
Pre-ordered.

crainger
08-06-10, 03:48 AM
I bought a vacuum cleaner instead. Should see the job it did on my rug. Even has a special setting and attachment for consoles.

Mr. Hunt
08-06-10, 10:17 AM
I bought a vacuum cleaner instead. Should see the job it did on my rug. Even has a special setting and attachment for consoles.

(w/opics)

Lyme
08-06-10, 10:45 AM

I already have a vacuum cleaner, and it requires that I get my ass off the sofa to use it.. funny that.

Blackcat
08-06-10, 11:04 AM
man, if you thought the wii games were all shovelware, wait for the crap that comes out for this thing. But I expect it to sell well in America because Microsoft is making it, and people will believe the hype. I will wait and buy mine at a yard sale for a couple bucks next year.:p

Zelda_fan
08-06-10, 02:07 PM
I predict this gay addon will hit an alltime low in sales. Most people who like the motion controls are already happy playing with their Wii.

|MaguS|
08-06-10, 04:12 PM
My GF wants this for that Dance game... ugh I hope she doesn't make me get it.