PDA

View Full Version : Ordered A Droid X

Maverick123w
07-28-10, 04:06 PM
I ordered my Droid X online last night. Thought my new every 2 was due on 8/15 but it was already up. I'll do a review of it when I get it in and see how it compares to my current Android phone (the LG Ally)

stncttr908
07-28-10, 04:19 PM
My buddy bought it launch day and the phone is Absolutely. ****ing. Huge.

But it's really nice.

Maverick123w
07-28-10, 05:24 PM

But it's really nice.

I played around with it in the store and it was pretty big, but I think I prefer a bigger screen after playing with it and the Incredible side by side. It wasn't as fast as the Incredible but that could be due to Moto's Launcher software.

I ended up getting the phone for $25 so I'm really excited.

CaptnStubing
07-29-10, 01:03 PM
I played around with it in the store and it was pretty big, but I think I prefer a bigger screen after playing with it and the Incredible side by side. It wasn't as fast as the Incredible but that could be due to Moto's Launcher software.

I ended up getting the phone for $25 so I'm really excited.

Moto's software is why I didn't get this phone. It is horrible. Everthing else about the phone is top notch. It's just too bad they didn't give it good software.

The best thing to do is get the phone, root it and put 2.2 with Sense on it. BAM! perfect phone. :D

zoomy942
07-29-10, 01:26 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153475

ViN86
07-29-10, 01:56 PM
I'm jealous. my contract expires this coming February. I will probably wait for the 2nd round of LTE phones though.

Maverick123w
07-29-10, 06:49 PM
I'm jealous. my contract expires this coming February. I will probably wait for the 2nd round of LTE phones though.

I wanted to wait, but I couldnt.

Maverick123w
07-29-10, 06:52 PM
Moto's software is why I didn't get this phone. It is horrible. Everthing else about the phone is top notch. It's just too bad they didn't give it good software.

The best thing to do is get the phone, root it and put 2.2 with Sense on it. BAM! perfect phone. :D

Some of the stuff like resizable widgets is pretty sweet. I played around with the X at the store again and installed Launcher Pro on it and it drastically improved the sluggishness of the UI.

Imbroglio
07-30-10, 06:24 PM

But it's really nice.

What's with all the guys and their female sized hands (I see this response everywhere)? I got my X thinking the thing wouldn't fit in my pockets with all this "oh em gee.... it's bigger than the bigman, vim shaw!!11!!1!". Come to find out, it's the same width and about a half inch taller than my samsung omnia...apparently milk failed this generation

six_storm
07-30-10, 06:45 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153475

Fail. Droid > RAZR. ;)

Maverick123w
08-01-10, 08:18 PM
Just got my tracking info and the phone will be here Tuesday. I may do a video review comparing old and new

Maverick123w
08-03-10, 08:50 PM
Well after playing with the phone for a few hours now I have to day it's absolutely amazing. I'm getting the hang of swype right now and I think it's going to spoil me.

The phone is significantly faster than the incredible I played with at the store which makes me very happy. I'll post more thoughts after some more time with the device

Imbroglio
08-04-10, 09:04 PM
I'm loving mine too. Do yourself a favor and pickup beatutiful widgets and launcher pro. After getting rid of motoblur it's been one of the smoothest, fastest phones, I've ever used.

I play a lot of golf, so I picked up the pro version of FreeCadie. This thing finds pin locations within 15 seconds of me starting the app. I watched the same app on the incredible and the vibrant, let's just say it wasn't fair to the other two phones.

While I agree it's a "large" phone, I've never found it to be bulky or in the way. The thinness is sublime. Slides easily in and out of pockets. Swype = <3 and we'll be getting 2.2 by the end of the summer. How awesome is that.

Everyone that bitches about the locked boot loader has apparently never done the "custom rom" or the "custom rom battery pull" dance. Once I get 2.2, my interest in custom roms is nill. We have root, enjoy your free tethering and mostly, enjoy this awesome device.

oh and one last thing, play around with the panorama photos. absolutely amazing. love the video this thing records. love the screen. it's the one of the first times I've been so satisfied with a mobile device.

Maverick123w
08-05-10, 12:34 AM
I'm loving mine too. Do yourself a favor and pickup beatutiful widgets and launcher pro. After getting rid of motoblur it's been one of the smoothest, fastest phones, I've ever used.

I play a lot of golf, so I picked up the pro version of FreeCadie. This thing finds pin locations within 15 seconds of me starting the app. I watched the same app on the incredible and the vibrant, let's just say it wasn't fair to the other two phones.

While I agree it's a "large" phone, I've never found it to be bulky or in the way. The thinness is sublime. Slides easily in and out of pockets. Swype = <3 and we'll be getting 2.2 by the end of the summer. How awesome is that.

Everyone that bitches about the locked boot loader has apparently never done the "custom rom" or the "custom rom battery pull" dance. Once I get 2.2, my interest in custom roms is nill. We have root, enjoy your free tethering and mostly, enjoy this awesome device.

oh and one last thing, play around with the panorama photos. absolutely amazing. love the video this thing records. love the screen. it's the one of the first times I've been so satisfied with a mobile device.

I was thinking about getting launcher pro actually. I had it on my ally and I loved it. I'm actually liking this motorola ui so far which I didn't expect. Does it make a huge speed difference because its already lightning fast

Imbroglio
08-05-10, 01:59 PM
Nah, I'd say it is slightly smoother than before but the speed is great both ways. Do you get a split second unlock lag? I'm not sure I if that's android or the phone at this point. I did see it is 100 times better on 2.2... just a matter of time i suppose.

Maverick123w
08-05-10, 04:17 PM
Nah, I'd say it is slightly smoother than before but the speed is great both ways. Do you get a split second unlock lag? I'm not sure I if that's android or the phone at this point. I did see it is 100 times better on 2.2... just a matter of time i suppose.

Sometimes yes sometimes no on the unlock swipe. It was also present on my
Ally so I think it's an android thing.

I installed Launcher Pro again today and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not. It's nice but I do miss the resizable widgets.

betterdan
08-05-10, 06:02 PM
Don't worry my Vibrant gets a split second unlock lag too.

top3koms
08-05-10, 06:51 PM
I have also recently ordered a Droid X ,won't ship till the 18th ,but it will be nice to finally have mobile web.This will be my first smart phone.I am using a motorola adventure v750 now (basically a rugged razor).Should be quite a change.Glad to hear you guys are liking your X's.

Maverick123w
08-05-10, 09:13 PM
I have also recently ordered a Droid X ,won't ship till the 18th ,but it will be nice to finally have mobile web.This will be my first smart phone.I am using a motorola adventure v750 now (basically a rugged razor).Should be quite a change.Glad to hear you guys are liking your X's.you're going to love it!