PDA

View Full Version : creative announces xfi mb 2 software

wheeljack12
07-30-10, 04:16 PM
http://www.cdrlabs.com/News/creative-announces-sound-blaster-x-fi-mb2-software-suite.html

for you with onboard sound but no xfi software? here is your potential solution!

crainger
07-31-10, 06:39 PM
Cool, with faster and faster CPUs the performance hit wont be too bad. Still at the mercy of the onboard DACs etc, but nice to be able to use Alchemy and EAX 5.0 in games like Bioshock.

I'd still recommend a X-Fi 2 based card like a Forte or the new Titanium, they have near 0% CPU usage even with 128 voices and EAX 5.0. Old X-Fi could get near 10% usage and onboard would get close to 13% (and that's without EAX)

Rakeesh
07-31-10, 07:53 PM
I'd still recommend a X-Fi 2 based card like a Forte or the new Titanium, they have near 0% CPU usage even with 128 voices and EAX 5.0. Old X-Fi could get near 10% usage and onboard would get close to 13% (and that's without EAX)

I wouldn't even worry about CPU usage when it comes to sound at all tbh. On quad core systems you probably put two at their peak usage and the third and fourth cores don't really do much. The sound processing just ends up getting offloaded to them and makes use of what is otherwise wasted hardware.