PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Generation 30GB iPod...

Redeemed
08-01-10, 11:44 AM
A good friend wants me to list this on Craigslist and e-bay for him. He is hoping to get around $150 for it but I'm thinking it's worth more like $100- then again I don't know a whole lot about iPods. How old is a fifth Gen iPod, and what would ya'll say this one is worth? Works perfectly, has some cosmetic damage (minor) and that's about it.

Thanks ya'll. :)

nekrosoft13
08-01-10, 12:05 PM
here are some used prices

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000A3WS84/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=&sr=&seller=&colid=&condition=used

when they sell for $60-80, selling it for $150 might be a bit of a stretch, that unless you find an idiot that wants to overpay

I guess 100 is honest decent price.

Redeemed
08-01-10, 12:12 PM
here are some used prices

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000A3WS84/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=&sr=&seller=&colid=&condition=used

when they sell for $60-80, selling it for $150 might be a bit of a stretch, that unless you mind an idiot that wants to overpay

I guess 100 is honest decent price.

Perfect. Thanks nekro. :)

$100 seems to be a perfect, middle of the road asking price. I'll bounce that off of him, and show him this link, and see what he says. $150 definitely seemed a stretch to me. :lol:

AthlonXP1800
08-01-10, 12:53 PM
If you selling it for $100 to the poor guy then he will be ripped off by you. It not fair to sell 5th gen 30GB ipod with some cosmetic damage for $100, I saw many same items on ebay selling with buy it now for around $75 has some cosmetic damages and $100+ items has no cosmetic damages.

Sazar
08-01-10, 01:19 PM
A good friend wants me to list this on Craigslist and e-bay for him. He is hoping to get around $150 for it but I'm thinking it's worth more like $100- then again I don't know a whole lot about iPods. How old is a fifth Gen iPod, and what would ya'll say this one is worth? Works perfectly, has some cosmetic damage (minor) and that's about it.

Thanks ya'll. :)

Why can't your friend list it?

Just wondering :bleh:

t3hl33td4rg0n
08-01-10, 02:36 PM

Ipod owner thinking his hardware is worth more than it is?

Probably doesn't know how / too lazy?

Redeemed
08-02-10, 12:09 AM
If you selling it for $100 to the poor guy then he will be ripped off by you. It not fair to sell 5th gen 30GB ipod with some cosmetic damage for $100, I saw many same items on ebay selling with buy it now for around $75 has some cosmetic damages and $100+ items has no cosmetic damages.

Ipod owner thinking his hardware is worth more than it is?

Probably doesn't know how / too lazy?

Well... sort of what t3hl33td4rg0n said. Though it's not lazy- he's no idea how. He's had a computer for the past 10 years and hasn't ever really used it. I've been giving him lessons and such, even rebuilt his system entirely with some spare parts I had... was a nice upgrade from the dell he had before. :lol:

Anyhow, the damage is insanely minimal- most will probably buff out. And if it doesn't sell for $100 that's why I add the "obo" at the end. :) :lol:

anyhow- I figured it wasn't worth anymore than $100. He does have one of those radio-broadcaster-thingies for using it your car that he's gonna' include. No idea what they go for but he's wanting to sell it as a bundle deal. Figured $100 was a fair price to start out at and then slowly go down as needed. :)