PDA

View Full Version : Do you care about 3D gaming?

Pages : [1] 2

Kain
08-02-10, 09:22 AM
Please vote in the poll. :)

lumpyhed
08-02-10, 09:31 AM
durrr :p

Yaboze
08-02-10, 09:36 AM
Don't care as long as I have to wear glasses.

lee63
08-02-10, 10:05 AM
jAkUp brought his 3D kit over yesterday and I was amazed at the quality...its now a must have.

grey_1
08-02-10, 10:05 AM
I voted "Not sure" at this point.

I'm losing interest in gaming lately, but that's nothing that a truly solid title or 2 wouldn't fix. :) The only reason I mention that is that I see 3d gaming as the next level of eye-candy, and I understand it's fantastic, but it would take more than eye candy to hold my interest, and convince me to invest in the tech.

Bearclaw
08-02-10, 10:15 AM
I can't see in 3D, so no.

fasedww
08-02-10, 10:48 AM
I want a nice 27" at least ips panel with the 120hz. Don't have them yet. or do they?

Bah!
08-02-10, 11:27 AM
I want a nice 27" at least ips panel with the 120hz. Don't have them yet. or do they?

They don't, and I doubt you will see one any time soon. They still haven't released any 27" TN panels yet.

Redeemed
08-02-10, 11:32 AM
The tech has always been interesting to me. I remember trying so hard to locate some cheap cardboard 3D glasses back when I had my GF4 so I could try the stereo mode. :lol: Gave up after a while- couldn't find 'em anywhere.

I think the technology has a long way to go yet. I kinda' agree with grey where it's gonna' be the new eye-candy. And eventually it'll probably be pretty common for gaming. But when that happens I'm sure they'll have it more ironed out and it'll be more affordable. I could see this being a hoot right now on a 55" tv or such.

Question about this- can you do 3D with a projector? I know for LCD you need 120hz... how does that work with a projector? :o

tornadog
08-02-10, 11:44 AM
I was a skeptic till 3 weeks back. BUt 3d has made me get back into pc gaming. I just installed about 75 updates from windows on my gaming pc. That will tell you how long I have been away from pc gaming...lol

Bah!
08-02-10, 11:51 AM
Question about this- can you do 3D with a projector? I know for LCD you need 120hz... how does that work with a projector? :o

Yep, right now other than the handful of 120hz monitors, only DLP television and projectors work. I'm not sure exactly how it works with a projector, but Nvidia has a list of them on their site.

FearMeAll
08-02-10, 11:58 AM
I'm afraid to see what it looks like because I don't want to spend the money. I haven't even seen a movie in 3d in my life. I do have a virtual boy and all of its 13 or so games so that's the closest I've been to 3d gaming. Don't think that counts though.

saturnotaku
08-02-10, 12:49 PM
I do have a virtual boy and all of its 13 or so games so that's the closest I've been to 3d gaming. Don't think that counts though.

Dude, awesome.

I don't care about 3D, but I want a 120 Hz monitor so I never have to turn vsync off, ever.

lee63
08-02-10, 01:00 PM
Dude, awesome.

I don't care about 3D, but I want a 120 Hz monitor so I never have to turn vsync off, ever.
With 120Hz I don't see the need for vsync, I don't see any tearing at all.

Bah!
08-02-10, 02:02 PM
I just tested three projectors in 3d Surround.

That sounds yummy! Any pics?

With 120Hz I don't see the need for vsync, I don't see any tearing at all.

I was about to say, I don't use anymore with my new monitor.

wheeljack12
08-02-10, 10:08 PM

I don't what ips is but asus is bringing out a lcd 27' 3d monitor or has already. haven't seen any reviews for it yet.

MaXThReAT
08-03-10, 08:06 AM
I voted yes, no doubt. I think anyone who has had a chance to spend time with a good 3D setup couldn't possibly say no. Not to say that it couldn't be even better but that's not the question. The question is if you care about it or not.
If you care...they will build it...cheaper...better.

SirPauly
08-03-10, 09:04 AM
I voted yes!

It's about the choice of 3d and what it may do to improve immersion and realism over what a 2d experience may be. Gamers talk about 3d graphics but are playing on a 2d flat screen and with 3d stereo, well, it is offers the look of true 3d; as every thing has a dimensional feel to it. When done well, everything is heightened and the subtle of details are magnified like smoke, dust particles, magical effects -- things of this nature. One of the coolest things are heights, where one really gets the feeling of acrophobia -- another is sheer scale -- when one looks over a valley -- the scale is there. When playing RTS games, the units look so real one could reach out and move them with your hands and when they explode, the subtle effects from the sparks, lighting, smoke, particles, pieces of destruction -- all have depth from each other and a real treat. The other cool aspect is pop out where objects literally come out of the screen or float out side the screen.

It's not all beautiful fairies with that dynamic smile showering the world with magic pixie particles but tangible frustration at times. CrossTalk concerns and tolerances, some sacrifices with settings, some titles shine much more than others. What a gamer is willing to trade-off to enjoy 3d stereo. Costs.

But when done well, it is a magnificent experience that raises the bar of immersion and realism and pleased to see the industry is behind it -- and about frigg'n time.

Shocky
08-03-10, 10:26 AM
Yes, but the technology needs allot of work, maybe when we have 3d screens that don't need glasses.

Revs
08-03-10, 11:49 AM
Not with the current POS PC displays. With a second generation 55" 3DTV yes :)

Yeah I'm waiting for second gen TV's to drop in price. Well TBH I'll probably wait for things to settle a bit in the world of 3D tech (maybe a year or 3). Things are gonna be moving fast for a while. Could be costly if one wants to keep up with it's progression.

Saintster
08-04-10, 10:09 PM
got my 3d it's in a bong everynight

Viral
08-04-10, 11:43 PM
3DD is for loosers.

betterdan
08-05-10, 12:00 AM
Double D's are for winners... and I ain't talkin' bout Disciple Doc, Willis.

jeffmd
08-05-10, 02:01 AM
I care..i would very much like to experience some of my games in true 3d, but I can no where near afford a suitable monitor nore the 3d glasses kit needed. :(

psychok9
08-07-10, 10:18 AM
LoL, my mistake... I've voted yes, but for an reading misunderstanding ... I vote no :)
I care performance and quality gaming, affordable drivers etc :)