PDA

View Full Version : Heard of anyone custom cutting/crimpling/sleeving PSU wiring?

ragejg
08-03-10, 11:16 PM
I'm thinking of doing this with my PSUs. I just need a de-pinner and an uninsulated terminal crimper, some heatshrink and some cable sleeving. It'd be awesome to have a cut-to-fit (and maybe modularized) PSU.

Bearclaw
08-03-10, 11:40 PM
I've always wanted to do this as well. Never gotten to the effort to search google though. :lol:

bob saget
08-03-10, 11:53 PM
Would be sick. I know darth does it faster than most people can sleeve a hooker :bleh:

stncttr908
08-04-10, 10:16 AM
People used to do this all the time back in the day, same with IDE ribbon cables (remember rounded IDE cables?!?) IMO it's not really worth it unless you're a super crazy cable management guru. A lot of you seem to be doing just fine with placing cables behind motherboard trays etc.

ragejg
08-17-10, 11:08 PM
People used to do this all the time back in the day, same with IDE ribbon cables (remember rounded IDE cables?!?) IMO it's not really worth it unless you're a super crazy cable management guru. A lot of you seem to be doing just fine with placing cables behind motherboard trays etc.

I used to work (for a looong time) for a cable assembly and surface mount and thru-hole electronic manufacturer, so yeah I am actually a bit of a cable management junkie (when I can be)... I'd kinda like to come up with something unique using either a modular or non-modular power supply.

ragejg
08-17-10, 11:14 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of Stanley Supply Services, formerly Contact East, but yeah that works. :)

bacon12
08-18-10, 12:00 AM
It is neat, but it takes forever! I gave up doing my exposed wires and chose to sleeve them over the connectors and use a zip tie instead.