PDA

View Full Version : Next dets have big updates according to HardOCP, including full trilinear for UT2k3

Ruined
07-25-03, 07:20 AM
From HOCP:

"...The entire Trilinear issue was brought up with NVIDIA in face-to-face meetings over two months ago. Long before the B3DPolice came to the scene of the crime. Myself and the owner of another hardware site that is in the spotlight often talked specifically about Bi/Tri/AF with NVIDIA and how it was handled in the drivers. We specifically asked for NVIDIA to add a mode that allowed the application/game being used to set those settings as well a some others without entering a "debug" mode as their previous driver did (that was removed after our 5200/5600 article). AA etc..

NVIDIA has implemented this and tested this and has given me written re-verification as of Monday of this week that this feature will surely be included in their next driver release. I have seen the driver first hand, as of two weeks ago in the NVIDIA offices, and it is very simple in its implementations.

Also, we asked for a few other features a couple of months ago. I would say that about 75% of our suggestions were taken to heart and implemented in their upcoming driver set. Quite frankly, it is very likely going to be the most robust driver you have ever seen for a video card.

So all in all, it could be said that all of this was fixed before it started..... You will get true Trilinear if that is what you so desire. You have to keep in mind that a driver release is far from a trivial thing. It takes an incredible amount of resources for both ATI and NVIDIA to do so. So keep in mind, while it may seem very simple it is an incredibly demanding process..."

Nutty
07-25-03, 07:54 AM
Cor! Sounds good!

volt
07-25-03, 08:10 AM
Also, we asked for a few other features a couple of months ago. I would say that about 75% of our suggestions were taken to heart and implemented in their upcoming driver set. Quite frankly, it is very likely going to be the most robust driver you have ever seen for a video card.

Funny how Kyle pertains himself as a community.

I can bet that 99.99% of suggestions were not his ideas yet he claims otherwise.

Kyle, The Great Precursor Of Suggestions.

:bs: :barf:

digitalwanderer
07-25-03, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by volt

I can bet that 99.99% of suggestions were not his ideas yet he claims otherwise.

Before I post, can I make fun of Kyle's blatant hypocrisy here by humorous innuedo or is that frowned upon and will get me in trouble because it isn't behaving "maturely"?

(I am HATING this new politically correct attitude towards insulting Kyle lately, he's turned into a total asshat anyway so why bother worrying about being polite? )

StealthHawk
07-25-03, 10:10 PM
What ever happened to NVIDIA getting 4xS working in OGL? They said they were going to do it.

BigFish7
07-26-03, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
What ever happened to NVIDIA getting 4xS working in OGL? They said they were going to do it.

4X 9-tap is far better for me with Tex Sharpening :D

digitalwanderer
07-26-03, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Before I post, can I make fun of Kyle's blatant hypocrisy here by humorous innuedo or is that frowned upon and will get me in trouble because it isn't behaving "maturely"?

(I am HATING this new politically correct attitude towards insulting Kyle lately, he's turned into a total asshat anyway so why bother worrying about being polite? )
Hello? Can I PLEASE cut loose into Seig Kyle a bit? Please? :(

StealthHawk
07-26-03, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Hello? Can I PLEASE cut loose into Seig Kyle a bit? Please? :(

If you want to I guess so, he's kinda asking for it by insulting B3D. You know what they say...what goes around comes around.

Brent
07-27-03, 10:28 PM

well, he did put in input to NVIDIA on what people want to see in the drivers, whether you believe it or not, his suggestions along with some other webmasters helped convince NVIDIA what the people are looking for in terms of options, and they suggested some very good things that NVIDIA will be putting in the new drivers

digitalwanderer
07-27-03, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Brent
well, he did put in input to NVIDIA on what people want to see in the drivers, whether you believe it or not, his suggestions along with some other webmasters helped convince NVIDIA what the people are looking for in terms of options, and they suggested some very good things that NVIDIA will be putting in the new drivers
He also sort of either lied or hid the truth about what was going on for reasons he still ain't explained Bent. :rolleyes:

I think nVidia used him to gather feedback, and I think they stroke him to get him to sing & dance for 'em even if he thinks he's picking the tunes.

I ain't gonna be thanking Seig Kyle any time soon for all his "help" with the current nVidia situation. :mad:

Nutty
07-28-03, 06:22 AM
Dont get stressed digi!! Its still sunny outside! :cool:

ginfest
07-28-03, 09:41 AM
think they stroke him to get him to sing & dance for 'em even if he thinks he's picking the tunes.

I wonder if they stroked him to play thier tune by giving him an "Engineering Sample"? :D

Mike G

digitalwanderer
07-28-03, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Nutty
Dont get stressed digi!! Its still sunny outside! :cool:
No stress, that's letting off steam for me and generally calms me down. :cool:

If you want to see me cut loose a bit on [T], go read the interview I gave to EB (http://www.elitebastards.com/page.php?pageid=1697&head=1&comments=1)... ;) (Shameless self-pimp, one of them mornings. ;) )

digitalwanderer
07-28-03, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ginfest
I wonder if they stroked him to play thier tune by giving him an "Engineering Sample"? :D
<sigh>

Actually, I started singing ATi's praises after they lent me a 9500 Pro...even after they made me give it back.

The engineering sample was just Terry being nice to me, INCREDIBLY nice! :cool:

ragejg
07-28-03, 10:47 AM
:p :p

this is funny...

almost as funny as the [h] promises to chase the issue, followed by the s s l l o o w w follow(ass-cover)up... the n00bs were enthusiastically satisfied... guess thats what kept it all from bein a closed thread/dead 'n' buried horse...

is [h] the only condiut for this claim? Who else has released statements on this? Who's on what side of what fence? Is there a fence? Can I ride it? :D:D

Sazar
07-28-03, 01:25 PM

is there a date in the near future where kyle will consider ending his fatwa vis-a-vis beyond3d ?

I understand you probably can't do much concerning this matter brent... but AFAIK b3d members are not out on a witchhunt as implied and pointing out technical errors in certain aspects of the reporting is not so much bad-mouthing [H] as perhaps constructive criticism...

kyle has his positive moments but when he's on a rampage... he's not a likeable cat...

IMO

digitalwanderer
07-28-03, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
kyle has his positive moments but when he's on a rampage... he's not a likeable cat...
I dunno, he can sort of be fun to play with... ;)

volt
07-28-03, 05:08 PM

Two websites don't make a community, no matter how big. Personally I would like to see those suggestions by Kyle.

Sazar
07-28-03, 05:18 PM
Two websites don't make a community, no matter how big. Personally I would like to see those suggestions by Kyle.

and how original those ideas are as well..

my problem with kyle making suggestions is I have that while I concede he probably knows more about gfx products and other hardware than the average joe... he certainly seems to show an uncanny lack of understanding of some of the more intricate inner workings of some products/filtering methods and what not...

seeing as how this is the case... it becomes hard to imagine KYLE making suggestions based on HIS knowhow... and how this could better the industry per se...

in the recent past his view on how the industry and his beliefs have been far from universally popular amongst those who are more than average joes...

he has seemingly developed this feeling that he speaks for the industry when he makes his comments... and yet he himself continuously takes potshots at members of this industry who don't agree with his version of things...

I do not know kyle personally... but his actions/words lately have bordered on the nazi doctrine :) hence the well earned nicks he has picked up...

StealthHawk
07-28-03, 08:58 PM

Yeah, Kyle keeping things a secret doesn't help anybody.