PDA

View Full Version : New Crysis 2 screenshots

dikinher
08-13-10, 07:50 PM
These are mp screen shots, according to the mycrysis forums. (nana2):captnkill:

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=896&Itemid=1

WeReWoLf
08-13-10, 07:52 PM
Holy crap in a hat! That looks damn sweet! Loving how the Truck looks.

trivium nate
08-13-10, 08:11 PM
nice

Viral
08-13-10, 08:45 PM
The ones of the truck and the last two with the soldiers look stunning. Good stuff.

Oh yeah, looking at that indirect illumination lighting, it does add quite well to the aura and depth of the scenes. Pretty nice.

Saintster
08-13-10, 09:14 PM
Now I know when to upgrade my video card. Or at least it will be a good excuse

Soetdjuret
08-14-10, 11:01 AM
Now I know when to upgrade my video card. Or at least it will be a good excuse

Wont need, runs fine on 9800gtx

zarlaan
08-14-10, 01:58 PM
Looks nice, but i still have to wonder how much is touched up. We all know the PR shots are going to be better than the final product.

Soetdjuret
08-14-10, 05:33 PM
Looks nice, but i still have to wonder how much is touched up. We all know the PR shots are going to be better than the final product.

Thats bullsh*t...

K007
08-14-10, 09:30 PM
lol...i like how the stuff is shown with on / off...but they all look the same.

methimpikehoses
08-14-10, 10:12 PM
Wont need, runs fine on 9800gtx

this one had me in tears, thanks. :D

jolle
08-15-10, 04:09 AM
lol...i like how the stuff is shown with on / off...but they all look the same.
Not if you know what to look for, since GI is essentially bouncing light including the color inherited from the surface of reflection.

So in the "Global Illumination on particles" shots the first shot has color and light bounced onto the smoke particles, the second only on scene geometry, like the wall in shadow on the right getting the yellow light bounced off the car.
Same with the street scene further down, the building on the right which isnt directly lit get lit indirectly by light bounces.

Sure, GI is kinda sutble if you dont do the classic red wall in a white room (http://www.cgtutorials.com/oneadmin/_files/linksdir/1963__Global_Illumination.jpg) scene to beat the viewer over the head with the color bleed effect.

K007
08-15-10, 05:04 AM
the shots are just hard to read cause they are so tiny. I am sure ingame it would make a big difference to bringing the game alive...

i just hope i don't need a gtx 480 tri sli to do it...

Intel17
08-15-10, 04:44 PM

If the rendering target for this game is the XBox 360, why would this game need a tri-sli'd set of GTX 480s?

dikinher
08-16-10, 03:34 AM
the shots are just hard to read cause they are so tiny. I am sure ingame it would make a big difference to bringing the game alive...

You need to click on the images to see their full size. But I agree on the on/off screenshots, they don't look much different besides the slight color tone.

Soetdjuret
08-17-10, 03:25 PM
this one had me in tears, thanks. :D

Yeah laugh if you want methboy.. but it's true, and thats on not finish coded engine. Don't forget that crysis 2 will run on xbot 360.. haha. Also stated many times, crysis 2 will both look better and run better than crysis 1. Surprised that it runs well on a 9800gtx? I played half my settings on high, and other half on veryhigh on my 8800gtx, the 9800 is faster and crysis 2 is less demanding. It does run good on 9800.

Before wasting tears next time, try to utilize brain more efficient :D

Sean_W
08-17-10, 03:32 PM
Yeah laugh if you want methboy.. but it's true, and thats on not finish coded engine. Don't forget that crysis 2 will run on xbot 360.. haha. Also stated many times, crysis 2 will both look better and run better than crysis 1. Surprised that it runs well on a 9800gtx? I played half my settings on high, and other half on veryhigh on my 8800gtx, the 9800 is faster and crysis 2 is less demanding. It does run good on 9800.

Before wasting tears next time, try to utilize brain more efficient :D

I can believe it since my 9600GT plays it at 35fps. I really hurts in places(like the big ship at the end) but most of the time it's good enough on high with some settings on very high. I hope Crysis 2 will have Quad-Core optimizations, since Crysis just did take advantage of quads.