PDA

View Full Version : n Speed?


Pages : [1] 2

AthlonXP1800
07-25-03, 03:07 PM
On NvNews headline "It Coming..." it showed picture of Nvidia Speed.

I wonder what it will be? :D

I hope it will be speed driver plugin for detonator driver to turbo charge my 5900 Ultra. :D

Or maybe Speed will be Nvidia answer to ATI's Catalyst?

surfhurleydude
07-25-03, 03:09 PM
Uhhh...

ATi's answer to nVidia's Detonators was the The Catalyst suite...

As for n Speed, it's a set of "official overclocking tools/methods".

AthlonXP1800
07-25-03, 03:12 PM
Ah well yeah it look certain like Speed will be overclocking tool for detonator. :)

combat_wombat
07-25-03, 03:37 PM
since he said it was sent by the platform manager, I bet it is the new overclocking suite for Nforce chipsets

euan
07-25-03, 03:38 PM
No, its simply a Nvidia brand of the drug "speed". it has been secretly tested on all Geforce FX buyers by inserting the ground up pills in side the cooling system. It that causes; sheer mind bogling opinions on image percerption and awarness, acceptablitiy of [T]ardcop to skyrocket, and dampens the hearing (especially high pitch whining). It has been so sucessful, it's ready for mass marketing, and sales. :D

reever2
07-25-03, 03:39 PM
Yeah its definately thier on the fly overclocking tool for nvforce2 boards

MUYA
07-25-03, 04:45 PM
Could be new nforce2 mobo drivers? Why do i say this? Check the soltek single channel nforce2 motherboard review at AMDZone. The single channel nforce2 beat the dual channel setup in some cases. They speculated that the dual channel nforce2's potential hasn't been fully unleashed yet? So it might be a new set of nforce2 drivers that unlocks the dual channel setup on nforce2 mobos significantly?

Cheers

MUYA

GlowStick
07-25-03, 05:01 PM
my bet it is an overclocking utility for their graphics cards : O

prodikal
07-25-03, 05:04 PM
AMD64? It IS supposedly only 2 months away.

Skinner
07-25-03, 05:07 PM
New drivers, which w'll unleash the GFFX, or is that to much too ask :)

volt
07-25-03, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
my bet it is an overclocking utility for their graphics cards : O

Well the info came from Bryan Del Rizzo, (NVIDIA's Platform PR Manager) so that should give you a clue ;)

Dazz
07-25-03, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by combat_wombat
since he said it was sent by the platform manager, I bet it is the new overclocking suite for Nforce chipsets I agree they have been due for a fair while now, it's windows overclocking for the nForce2 boards. Here are some screesn for the people

http://www.hammerheadtech.net/uploads/nvidia/nvsyscfg-01.jpg
http://www.hammerheadtech.net/uploads/nvidia/nvsyscfg-02.jpg

Doesn't allow posting them as images.
You will have to copy and paste them.

GlowStick
07-25-03, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by volt
Well the info came from Bryan Del Rizzo, (NVIDIA's Platform PR Manager) so that should give you a clue ;)

Yeah i guess it 'could' be for winders overclocking witch would be ok, but will they have linux variants or source code out?

CaptNKILL
07-25-03, 05:25 PM
BTW guys, it isnt "N speed". Its speed to the n-th power (thats why its up in the corner.. like a square or cube symbol). I dont know my math that well but I think that means infinite power. Nvidia has used that nth power thing for a while. I think they used Graphics^n before.

hehehe, n Speed :p

CaptNKILL
07-25-03, 05:30 PM
OHHH DROOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD I hope this is released by the time my replacement NF7-S arrives (hopefully some time next week). I heard about this a while back and have been eager to see it...

mmmmm overclocking in Windows.... ugghhhhh :drooling:

poursoul
07-25-03, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
BTW guys, it isnt "N speed". Its speed to the n-th power (thats why its up in the corner.. like a square or cube symbol). I dont know my math that well but I think that means infinite power. Nvidia has used that nth power thing for a while. I think they used Graphics^n before.

hehehe, n Speed :p

:eek: :eek: We are all gonna overdose :eek: :eek:

CaptNKILL
07-25-03, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by poursoul
:eek: :eek: We are all gonna overdose :eek: :eek:

Not if we dont take it :lol:

Dazz
07-25-03, 06:11 PM
I hope to have my Barton 2500+ on monday hope it's out on the same day :D my current POS 2100+ polly can't even hit 1.8GHz :mad:

gokickrocks
07-25-03, 06:55 PM
theres already a tool used to overclock on the fly in windows...its called setFSB...its been out for a long time

SocketAzzWipe
07-25-03, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
BTW guys, it isnt "N speed". Its speed to the n-th power (thats why its up in the corner.. like a square or cube symbol). I dont know my math that well but I think that means infinite power. Nvidia has used that nth power thing for a while. I think they used Graphics^n before.

hehehe, n Speed :p

Maybe he took the derviate...but forgot the n-1th power.

gordon151
07-25-03, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by gokickrocks
theres already a tool used to overclock on the fly in windows...its called setFSB...its been out for a long time

It doesn't support the nForce2 which is why a lot of people would be interested in this.

aapo
07-25-03, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
BTW guys, it isnt "N speed". Its speed to the n-th power (thats why its up in the corner.. like a square or cube symbol). I dont know my math that well but I think that means infinite power.

Whatcha mean? n-th power approaches infinity only when n itself approaches inifinity. And usually n denotes just an ordinary number in number theory. It's 'just' exponential growth if n grows.

rokzy
07-25-03, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by aapo
Whatcha mean? n-th power approaches infinity only when n itself approaches inifinity. And usually n denotes just an ordinary number in number theory. It's 'just' exponential growth if n grows.

when nvidia uses Graphics^n, n is usually less than 1 wrt ATI :D

jimbob0i0
07-25-03, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
Yeah i guess it 'could' be for winders overclocking witch would be ok, but will they have linux variants or source code out?

no ... due to the technology involved there will be the windows app only AFAIK ... don't want the techniques for teh app leaking to teh pentium board manufacturers ;)

Dazz
07-26-03, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by gokickrocks
theres already a tool used to overclock on the fly in windows...its called setFSB...its been out for a long time This nSpeed allows you to adjust everything from CPU & AGP as well as chipset voltage & FSB and more. The only thing that can't be changed is the mulitplier.