PDA

View Full Version : Steam Midweek Madness - Borderlands for $10.19

Pages : [1] 2

MikeC
08-17-10, 09:43 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/news/4206/

mojoman0
08-17-10, 09:50 PM
if 3 others wanna go down on the 4 pack itd only be like 7.50 each. I never picked this game up but I'd be willing for that price.

methimpikehoses
08-17-10, 10:00 PM
i'm in for the 4-pack; will send you paypalz.

Mr. Hunt
08-17-10, 10:17 PM
Awesome deal. I bought it for 60 bucks on PS3 and then 2 weeks later for 50 bucks or whatever on Steam. One of the best games of last year.

ragejg
08-17-10, 11:41 PM
Awesome deal. I bought it for 60 bucks on PS3 and then 2 weeks later for 50 bucks or whatever on Steam. One of the best games of last year.

Ouch, and it's $11 now?

I might pick it up. Need to finish Metro 2033 first, and BC2 single player.

nekrosoft13
08-18-10, 12:49 AM
they really are trying to offload this turd

crainger
08-18-10, 01:55 AM
PM sent. I'm in for 4 pack.

ragejg
08-18-10, 02:00 AM
4 pack?

PM? To who?

What?

EDIT: Oh, ok. :p

EDIT 2: Is there a FOV fix yet?

mojoman0
08-18-10, 02:12 AM
meth and rage pm me your steam name if youre still interested and we can do it

crainger
08-18-10, 02:13 AM
yay!

ragejg
08-18-10, 02:15 AM
meth and rage pm me your steam name if youre still interested and we can do it

I gotta decline. I have other games I need to finish, and that $10.19 could buy me some nice rainbow trout @ the fish counter later this week. :)

crainger
08-18-10, 02:16 AM
No rage! We must play!

mojoman0
08-18-10, 02:18 AM
its only $7.64 if we do the 4 pack

MikeC
08-18-10, 03:04 AM
they really are trying to offload this turdDamn, now I'm having second thoughts :)

But I know what you mean. I'm tired of playing games that suck.

**** this ****, I'm going to bed.

crainger
08-18-10, 06:37 AM
Are you feeling ok Mike?

MikeC
08-18-10, 07:30 AM
Sleep deprivation :)

Bah!
08-18-10, 08:03 AM
Damn, now I'm having second thoughts :)

I'd get a second opinion before you change your mind. Borderlands is excellent.

ViN86
08-18-10, 08:10 AM
+1 for Borderlands being excellent.

nekrosoft13
08-18-10, 08:22 AM
I'd get a second opinion before you change your mind. Borderlands is excellent.

+1 for Borderlands being excellent.

Damn, now I'm having second thoughts :)

I played up to level 30+ and I stopped, then I bought DLC on sale hoping that I would start playing it again. I tried 3 times, and every time after 20 minutes or so I just turn the game off because of boredom.

There is nothing new this game offers, play it for hour or two and you seen everything, then just depends how long can you take the same average gameplay with repeating levels.

I got tired:
of killing the numerous different colored spider like creatures
no story
weird controls in that vehicle
respawning
simply horrid mission structure / dialog options (not sure if you can even call it dialog)
going through millions of different gun combinations, trying to decide if I need 5 extra bullets in chamber or .02 faster firing rate
idiotic AI isn't helping either

also keep in mind this is the game that almost grey_1 stop playing games all together

Sazar
08-18-10, 08:36 AM
I played up to level 30+ and I stopped, then I bought DLC on sale hoping that I would start playing it again. I tried 3 times, and every time after 20 minutes or so I just turn the game off because of boredom.

There is nothing new this game offers, play it for hour or two and you seen everything, then just depends how long can you take the same average gameplay with repeating levels.

I got tired:
of killing the numerous different colored spider like creatures
no story
weird controls in that vehicle
respawning
simply horrid mission structure / dialog options (not sure if you can even call it dialog)
going through millions of different gun combinations, trying to decide if I need 5 extra bullets in chamber or .02 faster firing rate
idiotic AI isn't helping either

also keep in mind this is the game that almost grey_1 stop playing games all together

All I read was waah waah waaah, I hate it so everyone else must hate it waaaah.

:bleh:

The only guns you will use by the end of the game are the legendaries. The enemies are varied depending on where you go and you will need different weapons/skills to take them down.

The vehicles are easy to control. If you can't control the vehicles in this game, there is something seriously wrong with you.

The story is easily explained and is written down all over the original game map. The DLC's segue to different items, except Knoxx which is sort of self-contained and the best DLC I have ever played.

Anyways, if anyone is buying this, hit me up. I probably am game for a few run-throughs. My characters are pretty high-specced but I guess I could start a new one from scratch.

saturnotaku
08-18-10, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't like this game nearly as much if I weren't playing it co-op with my friends. It's an absolute blast online. I haven't had this much fun since Diablo II.

ViN86
08-18-10, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't like this game nearly as much if I weren't playing it co-op with my friends. It's an absolute blast online. I haven't had this much fun since Diablo II.

This. That's the main reason why I said it's an excellent game. Cruising through the desert with your buddies is awesome.

methimpikehoses
08-18-10, 10:39 AM
This. That's the main reason why I said it's an excellent game. Cruising through the desert with your buddies is awesome.

http://blogue.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/queen_wideweb__470x3280.jpg

(saz, vin, and DD cruising the desert)

Sazar
08-18-10, 10:40 AM
http://blogue.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/queen_wideweb__470x3280.jpg

(saz, vin, and DD cruising the desert)

I look fabulous :bleh:

Oh, and a black drag-queen for DD? RACIS !!!

|MaguS|
08-18-10, 11:02 AM
Game is awesome... too bad I own it all already. My GF and I are starting over to get the achievements (she lost her save :()