PDA

View Full Version : Used/Refurb/B-Stock?

Bearclaw
08-18-10, 10:51 PM
Has anyone ever bought any pc parts refurbished/used/b-stock from EVGA? I am thinking about getting the Evga X58 motherboard b-stock because it is considerably cheaper. Thoughts?

ragejg
08-18-10, 11:00 PM
I've bought refurb like twice, open box a couple times. A recent open box motherboard was DOA, but the RMA process was quick and easy and I had a new motherboard (another open box) sent to me shortly after that worked great.

Yup, I'm a chance taker. :D

trivium nate
08-18-10, 11:36 PM
i bought a used EVGa GTX 260 core 216 and it worked fine hell don't they have lifetime warranty you should be good right?

JasonPC
08-18-10, 11:42 PM
B-stock only has a 90 day warranty. But odds are if it's going to die it's going to either be DOA or die soon. With the money you save you could actually buy two for the price of one new so maybe it's worth the risk. I'm told the motherboards always come with the I/O Shield and sometimes come with SLI bridges if they have any in stock.

One downside is if the board has revisions I'd imagine there's a chance you will get an older version.

Bearclaw
09-15-10, 06:14 AM
Lol. Forgot about this thread. Ya, I just bought new.

bob saget
09-15-10, 01:23 PM
Mods please ban bearclaw for not following through with his threads. improper forum behavior. also report him to feds because of his hard drive contents :bleh:

Bearclaw
09-15-10, 01:27 PM
Looking up the zoo animals skirts is only illegal in California.

And alabama.