PDA

View Full Version : SupremeFX X-Fi that comes with the ASUS Maximus III Formula

Kain
08-19-10, 12:41 PM
How is the SupremeFX X-Fi that comes with the ASUS Maximus III Formula? How does it compare to the PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium?

bacon12
08-19-10, 01:13 PM
IMO it doesn't come close to a nice sound card, but its better than most onboard.

Lyme
08-22-10, 01:23 PM
If you are going to pickup a ati hd5xxx seriers card, I've found that the hdmi sound that the video card offers is really good.

crainger
08-22-10, 03:13 PM
How is the SupremeFX X-Fi that comes with the ASUS Maximus III Formula? How does it compare to the PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium?

It's pretty crap. It's on board with the X-Fi software. Not even the MSI boards with the extra 'sound card' are real X-Fi, it's just a riser. The X-Fi software just ads a ton of crap DSP and other effects. The on board is probably ok for most tasks, I just wouldn't bother fake X-Fi software

If you wanted a nice card, get one of the new Azentechs/Creatives with the X-Fi 2 chip. I've got a Forte, has a nice Headphone out, swappable components, even works with my front mic and headphone jacks on my case.

Kain
08-23-10, 03:23 PM
It's pretty crap. It's on board with the X-Fi software. Not even the MSI boards with the extra 'sound card' are real X-Fi, it's just a riser. The X-Fi software just ads a ton of crap DSP and other effects. The on board is probably ok for most tasks, I just wouldn't bother fake X-Fi software

If you wanted a nice card, get one of the new Azentechs/Creatives with the X-Fi 2 chip. I've got a Forte, has a nice Headphone out, swappable components, even works with my front mic and headphone jacks on my case. Which Creative sound card(s) has/have the X-Fi 2 chip?

crainger
08-24-10, 04:52 AM
Umm, the...

Titanium HD

http://au.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=875&product=19749&listby=usage

Hope that link works. The first card to really come close to the Auzentechs in additional features. Only card I'd recommend over it is the Auzen Forte 7.1 (if you have decent headphones and use them often) or the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD. Even though it's a HTPC card it really spanks in gaming benchmarks, all those cards use the new X-Fi chip so have virtually 0% CPU usage with 128 voices. Where as onboard can hit 13-20% attempting 128 voices. Bioshock is one game where I noticed sounds cutting out with my onboard as it struggled to play them all at once. My old XtremeMusic was much better. ::):

Kain
08-24-10, 05:50 AM
Looking at the price, I think I'll have to "ignore" that card. :headexplode:

crainger
08-24-10, 05:52 AM
That's AUD. USD is much cheaper.

Kain
08-24-10, 07:03 AM
That's US $265. Quite a bit over the $79.99 priced X-Fi Titanium.

john19055
08-25-10, 02:40 AM
It always best to get a separate sound card so it can be hardware allcelerated and not run though a buch of software.

crainger
08-25-10, 02:43 AM
That's US $265. Quite a bit over the $79.99 priced X-Fi Titanium.

o ::o:

Well older X-Fi will still beat most onboards.

bacon12
08-25-10, 10:26 AM
Auzentek forte is a good card.

Ninja Prime
08-25-10, 10:55 PM
My experience with ASUS's so called "supremeFX" sound device is that is sucks total ass. Its honestly the worst sound device I've ever used. Worse than any other on-board sound even.

crainger
08-26-10, 01:38 AM
LOL Also there is the ASUS Xonar DX. It's performance in games is a little iffy, but than most onboard, the the sound quality is really good. It's very cheap and will even connect to your front ports and can be adapted to low profile PCI-e if required.