PDA

View Full Version : Logitech thin keyboard

grey_1
08-20-10, 04:08 PM
So I got one of these today because my Saitek finally gave up the ghost.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126043

Really surprised at how comfortable it is - looks fantastic with the board lit up too. Heavy too, stout son of a gun.

Makes my desk look almost professional, :lol: Recommended for anyone who likes a slim, clean look to their workstation.

Drolfrawd
08-20-10, 04:29 PM
Gratz grey looks great bit of kit.Enjoy!

Redeemed
08-20-10, 04:34 PM
Nearly picked one of those up when my prior keyboard... "bit the dust". :bleh: :lol:

Co-worker had an old dell keyboard he said he'd give me for $10... being cheap I went with the $10 option. :p :lol:

However, once I'm settled into my new place I'll probably pick one of these up. Excellent looking unit, and with the feedback you've just given it, I'm even more impressed. :)

grey_1
08-20-10, 05:01 PM
Nearly picked one of those up when my prior keyboard... "bit the dust". :bleh: :lol:

Co-worker had an old dell keyboard he said he'd give me for $10... being cheap I went with the $10 option. :p :lol:

However, once I'm settled into my new place I'll probably pick one of these up. Excellent looking unit, and with the feedback you've just given it, I'm even more impressed. :)

I really like it, but probably won't have a chance to try it gaming for a while - that will be the acid test. If it fails, the wife gets it...heck, she already drooled on it :lol:

It is a good looking keyboard for sure.

grey_1
08-20-10, 05:01 PM
Gratz grey looks great bit of kit.Enjoy!

Tanks Bro!

Redeemed
08-20-10, 05:04 PM
I really like it, but probably won't have a chance to try it gaming for a while - that will be the acid test. If it fails, the wife gets it...heck, she already drooled on it :lol:

It is a good looking keyboard for sure.

So it's even liquid proof??? :bugeyes:

Considering the fate of my prior keyboard think this is a must buy. :D :lol: :bleh:

Bearclaw
08-20-10, 05:04 PM
Wow, awesome, professional look! Very nice.

autobot
08-20-10, 06:04 PM
I have one of the keyboards and they are really well built. A common issue however, is that you can't get into your computer's BIOS using it. This matter has been posted several times on the Logitech forum. So keep a cheapo USB keyboard handy for BIOS fiddling.

I dunno if its just mine, but sometimes the keyboard remains lit when the computer if off. Its easy enough to just hit the keyboard's light button, but its a bit odd.

mullet
08-20-10, 06:33 PM
I have 2 and I love them. Good find Grey_!

grey_1
08-20-10, 06:33 PM
I have one of the keyboards and they are really well built. A common issue however, is that you can't get into your computer's BIOS using it. This matter has been posted several times on the Logitech forum. So keep a cheapo USB keyboard handy for BIOS fiddling.

I dunno if its just mine, but sometimes the keyboard remains lit when the computer if off. Its easy enough to just hit the keyboard's light button, but its a bit odd.

Whoa, thanks for the heads up! That's important as I dual boot and just switch drives through the bios. No problems yet but the spare kb sounds like a great idea, thanks.

grey_1
08-20-10, 06:34 PM
I have 2 and I love them. Good find Grey_!

Thanks mullet, I'm getting used to it quickly and love this thing - so comfortable to use.

Drolfrawd
08-20-10, 07:21 PM
So it's even liquid proof??? :bugeyes:

Considering the fate of my prior keyboard think this is a must buy. :D :lol: :bleh:

Deemed do ya care to elaborate on the *cough* fate of your prior keyboard :D

grey_1
08-20-10, 07:41 PM
Deemed do ya care to elaborate on the *cough* fate of your prior keyboard :D

I remember that episode :rofl

poor poor Redeemed :lol:

six_storm
08-20-10, 08:11 PM
I've got Logitech's similar keyboard, it's amazing. Took me a while to get used to it from the Saitek Eclipse I but I love it.

grey_1
08-20-10, 08:55 PM
Same here. Loved the feel of the Eclipse, but 2 dead in 2 years is too much imo. Had to find an alternative as I wasn't buying another Eclipse.