PDA

View Full Version : Please advise

RollinThundr
08-23-10, 01:30 PM
So I just got my new computer delivered by UPS. I have a big time question before powering it on that I hope someone can answer. The cables for what I assume is the water cooling unit, seem to rest up against the side panel fan. Is this normal? If I turn this machine on is it going to shred those tubes and ruin my new machine before I even get to enjoy it? There doesn't seem to be alot of play in the tubes and I certainly don't want to break anything. Thanks for any suggestions. Case is a Apevia X-Dreamer 3 Mid-Tower if that helps. Thanks folks.

Bearclaw
08-23-10, 01:33 PM
So I just got my new computer delivered by UPS. I have a big time question before powering it on that I hope someone can answer. The cables for what I assume is the water cooling unit, seem to rest up against the side panel fan. Is this normal? If I turn this machine on is it going to shred those tubes and ruin my new machine before I even get to enjoy it? There doesn't seem to be alot of play in the tubes and I certainly don't want to break anything. Thanks for any suggestions. Case is a Apevia X-Dreamer 3 Mid-Tower if that helps. Thanks folks.

You should be good. This isn't a jet turbine. :lol:

Post pics!!!

RollinThundr
08-23-10, 01:36 PM
You should be good. This isn't a jet turbine. :lol:

Post pics!!!

Thanks for the quick response Bear. New to the whole WC dealy wasn't sure how durable these kinds of setups are. No digital camera, but as I'm going to be starting a new position here this week on a pretty good salary, I figure it won't be long before that's remedied. I'll share some pics then. Thanks again Bearclaw!

lduguay
08-23-10, 01:46 PM
Instructions here:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_g3YUxj9bf7U/SvoXhNWXu0I/AAAAAAAABmw/2l1SPUmBrKg/s400/1257893885785.jpg

bob saget
08-23-10, 01:55 PM
yes please post pics, but if you ordered a ready built water cooling system and there are no specific instructions, you should be good i assume.

Bearclaw
08-23-10, 01:58 PM
Instructions here:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_g3YUxj9bf7U/SvoXhNWXu0I/AAAAAAAABmw/2l1SPUmBrKg/s400/1257893885785.jpg

:lol:

RollinThundr
08-23-10, 02:47 PM
yes please post pics, but if you ordered a ready built water cooling system and there are no specific instructions, you should be good i assume.

Prebuilt, so far so good. pretty steady at 32 C at idle. I'll post some pics when I get a camera.

nekrosoft13
08-23-10, 03:08 PM

what do you mean is resting againt? are the tubes actually touching the fan?

A fan will not shred those tubes in seconds, turn it on, and see if there actually is any friction, and if there is, try to get those tubes away from the fan.

Where did you order this system from?

wow
http://www.apevia.com/images/products/X-Dreamer3-BL-1_500.jpg
thats rather small and cramp case for water cooling kit.

RollinThundr
08-23-10, 04:57 PM
what do you mean is resting againt? are the tubes actually touching the fan?

A fan will not shred those tubes in seconds, turn it on, and see if there actually is any friction, and if there is, try to get those tubes away from the fan.

Where did you order this system from?

wow
http://www.apevia.com/images/products/X-Dreamer3-BL-1_500.jpg
thats rather small and cramp case for water cooling kit.

Yeah it is rather cramped, the tube doesn't actually touch the fan just the casing of the fan. Though I'm already having an issue running SC2 in SLI, screen tears and flickers like mad on the loading and menus, haven't even tried playing it. Installing DA:O now to see if the same issue happens there. Finally get the damn thing and already fearing an RMA.

RollinThundr
08-23-10, 05:18 PM
Well awesome, it happens in Dragon Age as well. I get a Green bar on the left side of the screen, it actually says SLI to the right of it, and the screen flickers. Awesome just pure awesome. FML.

newparad1gm
08-23-10, 05:59 PM
That's the SLI visual indicator that tells you if a game is using SLI or not. Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings, and turn it off from one of the dropdowns in the top menu.

Have you updated drivers? With a pre-built system you'd hope they'd have at least the latest WHQL drivers pre-loaded from when they shipped it out, but you should check the version you have, and if its older than the latest WHQL on NVIDIA's website, get the newer one.

RollinThundr
08-23-10, 06:06 PM
That's the SLI visual indicator that tells you if a game is using SLI or not. Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings, and turn it off from one of the dropdowns in the top menu.

Have you updated drivers? With a pre-built system you'd hope they'd have at least the latest WHQL drivers pre-loaded from when they shipped it out, but you should check the version you have, and if its older than the latest WHQL on NVIDIA's website, get the newer one.

Thanks figured it out. Yes I'm running the latest WHQL's and the latest SLI profile update as well. Thanks again for a reply newparad1gm.

Drolfrawd
08-23-10, 06:10 PM
Sounds like top rig .......Enjoy bro

Bearclaw
08-23-10, 07:14 PM
Ya check for latest drivers before RMAing right away.

Also, what are the specs? :D

RollinThundr
08-23-10, 08:20 PM
Sounds like top rig .......Enjoy bro

Would love to but I'm thinking this ol Syncmaster 902b just can't handle SLI. Lots of screen tearing and forcing Vsync doesn't help. Guess I'm going to have to spring for a better monitor.

RollinThundr
08-25-10, 01:28 AM
Weeee, gotta love getting bad parts. One of my video cards is bad and needs to be RMA'ed.