PDA

View Full Version : ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E S/L (DOA)

wysiwyg
08-24-10, 02:49 PM
:(

received a ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E S/L today as i wanted usb 3.0 and im on a budget.

but the damn thing wouldnt POST. the fans and everything else stayed on. i tried the cmos reset, same thing, tried another cmos battery from my UD5 same thing, tried the menset button same thing.

Amazon are collecting it tomorrow and sending another for arrival on thursday, I hope bad luck doesnt happen twice.

all the components work (except my 480 which i RMA'd) with my UD5

bob saget
08-24-10, 04:47 PM
are you selling the UD5? that is a great motherboard as well.

Bearclaw
08-24-10, 05:08 PM
Bummer, man. I've been lucky and had very few hardware mishaps.

*Knocks on wood* as new hardware starts arriving...

wysiwyg
08-24-10, 05:15 PM
are you selling the UD5? that is a great motherboard as well.

sorry nope, its actually my bosses. i swapped my UD4P for his UD5 which he said i could as i get more use. But if my new asus works ill swap them over again then will sell the UD4P

wysiwyg
08-31-10, 08:37 AM
On my UD5 i went back to an earlier bios and loaded defaults and my 480 worked and booted without issue but i still wanted USB 3.0 so the second Asus i recieved was also DOA! it confirms what i first thought about Asus, their quality isnt what it used to be.

So i now have another Gigabyte board, this time the X58a UD3R rev 2.0, and everything seems to be working as it should now with my original PSU and Mem

fasedww
08-31-10, 11:00 AM
Sometimes the boards are picky with certain PSU, Like when I had my asus rampage II with the first thermaltake toughpower 1200 suppy that came out, it would do that sometimes ALways thought it was the motherboard, nope, I'd get it working buy shutting on and off buy unplugging power supply, sometimes like 15 times, got the new thermaltake toughpower 1200 no problems I sent it in and got a new one.:)

wysiwyg
08-31-10, 11:05 AM
well, that was my suspision so i even bought a new 850w branded PSU, same issue so ill keep my new PSU as a spare.

416Rigby
09-13-10, 12:36 PM
I just sent back an P6X58D-E mobo, too. Everything would come on, but once it got to the post screen, it would start rebooting and wouldn't stop. I ordered a Sabretooth X58 board to replace it. I hope ASUS gets their act together and improves quality-control soon.