PDA

View Full Version : On board sound or PCI card?

Eltigre88
08-28-10, 12:14 PM
I personaly do not see why Motherboard manufatures keep putting sound on thier boards. The sound does nothing for gaming and normally causes more issues then it is worth. What is everyones preference?

Bearclaw
08-28-10, 12:18 PM
I personaly do not see why Motherboard manufatures keep putting sound on thier boards. The sound does nothing for gaming and normally causes more issues then it is worth. What is everyones preference?

I've only always used onboard. It always works, never has an issue.

six_storm
08-28-10, 12:57 PM
I've always used onboard until last year when I got the Razer AC1. Funny thing is that I don't notice any sound difference between that and onboard on my 2.1 setup. Even thought about selling it TBH.

Go with onboard and save yourself some $$.

Redeemed
08-28-10, 01:17 PM
I've always used onboard until last year when I got the Razer AC1. Funny thing is that I don't notice any sound difference between that and onboard on my 2.1 setup. Even thought about selling it TBH.

Go with onboard and save yourself some $$.

Apparently, if you have a GTX400 series and an AV receiver, then outputting via HDMI to the receiver seems to be the way to go.

Otherwise, I use onboard. :)

Maverick123w
08-28-10, 01:26 PM
I've used on-board forever but i recently threw in an audigy 2 ZS for running some audio from another device to my pc speakers and holy crap it's so much better. I'm just going with this old pci card for now.

Redeemed
08-28-10, 01:29 PM
What speakers are you using, Maverick?

bob saget
08-28-10, 01:44 PM
I got a second hand x-fi fatal1ty. Music sounds much much clearer. Games sound about the same. It actually took some time to get used to music sounding so clear...

Maverick123w
08-28-10, 01:52 PM
What speakers are you using, Maverick?

Logitech Z-2300 2.1

Bearclaw
08-28-10, 03:13 PM
What would you guys recommend for a nice sound card?