PDA

View Full Version : How can someone sell a PC copy of L4D/L4D2?

ragejg
08-28-10, 06:02 PM
These games are only sell-able if they're in retail box, unopened, right? Wouldn't that be the only way to sell them since they're Valve Steam games?

I suppose this also applies to HL2/TF2/Portal as well.

Albo
08-28-10, 06:11 PM
These games are only sell-able if they're in retail box, unopened, right? Wouldn't that be the only way to sell them since they're Valve Steam games?

I suppose this also applies to HL2/TF2/Portal as well.

Yes, and Yes. This applies to any Valve game. Why do you ask?

onmikesline
08-28-10, 09:56 PM
sell your steam account. and steam dont have the ''right'' to say you cant sell your account

XDanger
08-29-10, 04:47 AM
I saw a used copy of L4D today for 2 quid, Someone bought it soon after ,Poor suckers.

Airbrushkid
08-29-10, 08:18 AM
Your wrong, you cannot sell your Steam account.

When you complete Steam's registration process, you create a Steam account ("Account"). Your Account may also include billing information you provide to us for the purchase of Subscriptions. You are solely responsible for all activity on your Account and for the security of your computer system. You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account. You agree that you are personally responsible for the use of your password and Account and for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your login name and password. You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account.

sell your steam account. and steam dont have the ''right'' to say you cant sell your account

ViN86
08-29-10, 03:26 PM

Selling your account violates the ToS. They probably have the ability to close the account if you sell it. That being said, my brother successfully bought his Steam account from someone about 5 years ago.

onmikesline
08-29-10, 04:00 PM
Your wrong, you cannot sell your Steam account.

you say you cant? well its not hard to sell it. so that means i can, people brake contracts all the time and brake the law daily

ViN86
08-29-10, 04:25 PM
you say you cant? well its not hard to sell it. so that means i can, people brake contracts all the time and brake the law daily

LOL yea, and then I bet you're the person that bitches when they close the account for violating the ToS. :lol:

Airbrushkid
08-29-10, 08:17 PM
There was a guy on ebay sold his for $1000.00. Steam turn around and block his account so he had to refund the $1000.00 to the win of the auction.

Bearclaw
08-29-10, 08:30 PM
You can't officially but it CAN be done. :bleh:

nekrosoft13
08-30-10, 08:18 AM
be careful a lot of scammers on ebay try to sell pirated games with "single player only" cd-keys or support.

ragejg
08-30-10, 08:20 AM
I'd never buy someone's steam account. And I'd never buy one of these Valve games from someone unless it's in an unopened box. Besides, the prices for new aren't that bad either. I just thought I'd ask about this to clarify how things work.

Bearclaw
08-30-10, 08:32 AM
Well, consider yourself CLARIFIED, BITCH!

ragejg
08-30-10, 09:10 AM
4CvI_tmEUeo

:D

/thread

Bearclaw
08-30-10, 09:18 AM
Butter Bandit?

Poor guy, I always liked him. :(

ViN86
08-30-10, 10:57 AM
I got away with buying a copy of Modern Warfare 2 on Amazon back in January. I got it for $30. Thankfully it hadn't been activated yet. :o

Bearclaw
08-30-10, 11:48 AM
I got away with buying a copy of Modern Warfare 2 on Amazon back in January. I got it for $30. Thankfully it hadn't been activated yet. :o

That's awesome that it worked. But the game sucks. :p