PDA

View Full Version : Half Life2 and NVIDIA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ronin_razors
07-26-03, 05:01 PM
Good news it looks like Valve and nvidia are friends again, on top of the comment from Gabe Newel nvidia's gaming site has Half Life 2 featured on it. Presuming that nvidia wouldnt do this without authorisation from Valve hopefully this shows that they are working with nvidia.

www.nvidia.com/nzone

Be great to see Half Life 2 optimised for nvidia and turn up "The Way Its Meant To Be Played"

Dazz
07-26-03, 05:05 PM
Don't think so, ATi beat them to it this time.

saturnotaku
07-26-03, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Dazz
Don't think so, ATi beat them to it this time.

Yep. In the E3 video the devs specifically mention the Radeon 9800 Pro...and all the HL2 ads I've seen sport the ATI "Get in the Game" ad campaign.

And to the person who posted this topic, you know "Get in the Game" and "The Way It's Meant to be Played" are just advertising gimmicks right? You can get whatever logo you want on a game company's box...for the right price.

reever2
07-26-03, 05:22 PM
Also Gabe and the other devs recommend Ati cards whe playing halflife2

Hanners
07-26-03, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ronin_razors
Good news it looks like Valve and nvidia are friends again

Were they ever enemies? :wtf:

Carbon Unit
07-26-03, 08:56 PM
Don't worry, HL2 is going to rock running under the 5900

ChrisRay
07-26-03, 09:00 PM
Hmm... says it has "The Way its Meant to be played" on it too. strange

DMA
07-26-03, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ChrisRay

Strange? Nah..
Just wait a few days and this time you'll hear the devs at valve saying that FX 5900 is THE card to play Half-Life 2 with, instead of pimping 9800 Pro like they've been doing before.

ChrisRay
07-26-03, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by DMA
Strange? Nah..
Just wait a few days and this time you'll hear the devs at valve saying that FX 5900 is THE card to play Half-Life 2 with, instead of pimping 9800 Pro like they've been doing before.

I mean this with all due respect to ATI fans., But will HL2 "Still" be the greatest game in the world to them :P

Just Like Doom 3 sucked cuz it was NVidia optimised :P

Ruined
07-26-03, 11:37 PM
Could it be possible that Valve is now in *both* ATI and Nvidia's PR programs?

ChrisRay
07-26-03, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Ruined
Could it be possible that Valve is now in *both* ATI and Nvidia's PR programs?

Thats probably the most likely situation

jAkUp
07-27-03, 12:29 AM
too bad 3dfx isnt still around :(

i used to be a 3dfx junkie back in the day.. aww the memories

bkswaney
07-27-03, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
too bad 3dfx isnt still around :(

i used to be a 3dfx junkie back in the day.. aww the memories

Me to. :) "cry" ;)

ChrisRay
07-27-03, 01:41 AM
Its on the rage3d site. Friday May 30th if ya wanna look it up.

An Interview with ATI Driver Guru: Terry Makedon Pt2 - 3:46 pm EST - G.I.Bro
My good friend Zardon over at DriverHeaven, has just posted yet another great interview.

Before I jump into the interview and get down to business id like to say that Terry Makedon is a great guy to have a chat with, not like the usual "stuffy, old fashioned" company exec with no sense of humour, who can make your life a misery when interviewing them. He is quite the joker and a fun guy to hang around, a big sports fan, hockey follower and music lover, our conversations when we speak cover a wide variety of topics.
Zardon:
I know ATI do a lot of internal testing, but how successful do you feel the current beta plan with outside testers has been so far?

Terry:
It is awesome. First of all I canít believe how many people are willing to beta test for us. It is truly overwhelming to see all the beta tester applications appear in my email box. There were over 1000 applications in the first 24 hours of the program!

Zardon:
Some people have asked me about the forthcoming release of Half life 2, and the fact it might be optimised for nvidia cards, is this true and if it is true, what can be done about it?

Terry:
No that is not true. I am sure by now everyone knows that Half Life 2 was premiered at E3 a few weeks ago at the ATI booth!

Not optimised at all huh..

Hanners
07-27-03, 06:03 AM

Does it actually explicitly state that anywhere though? They have the 'Way It's Meant To Be Played' logo floating about on that site, but if you click on it to see the list of nVidia-optimised game titles, Half-Life 2 isn't there.

ChrisRay
07-27-03, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Hanners
Does it actually explicitly state that anywhere though? They have the 'Way It's Meant To Be Played' logo floating about on that site, but if you click on it to see the list of nVidia-optimised game titles, Half-Life 2 isn't there.

Did you actually browse the site? This is obviously new. And yes they have the way its meant to be played all over this game on the Nzone site.

Nvidia probably has not updated its list recently. If you click on Half Life 2. It has a huge "The Way its Meant to be played"logo on it. And it is in the list of the way its meant to be played games On nzone site.

Hanners
07-27-03, 07:48 AM
Did you actually browse the site? This is obviously new. And yes they have the way its meant to be played all over this game on the Nzone site.

Nvidia probably has not updated its list recently. If you click on Half Life 2. It has a huge "The Way its Meant to be played"logo on it. And it is in the list of the way its meant to be played games On nzone site.

Where is it listed as a 'Way It's Meant To Be Played' game? I couldn't find that bit.

Not that it's a suprise really, I always envisaged both camps wanted to get their finger into the Half-Life pie. :p

Morrow
07-27-03, 07:50 AM
Why should a game not be TWIMTBP and GITG at the same time?

I don't see any particular reason why such a big game like HL2 shouldn't be optimized for both companies?

ChrisRay
07-27-03, 07:53 AM
Where is it listed as a 'Way It's Meant To Be Played' game? I couldn't find that bit.

Not that it's a suprise really, I always envisaged both camps wanted to get their finger into the Half-Life pie. :p

It says when you click "games" brings up a list of "The Way its Meant to be Played games" That you can scroll through in the flash section.

The other part of the site.

Believe you are referring to this.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforcefx_games.html

has not been updated in ages

*edit* err dangit Didn't realise Lineage 2 was a The Way its Meant to be played game. Grah. Hope it runs fine on my system when it's released

Hanners
07-27-03, 07:59 AM
No, I was talking about this list on the Flash site:

http://www.hanners.nildram.co.uk/twimtbp.jpg

No mention of Half-Life 2.

ChrisRay
07-27-03, 08:02 AM
What flash site is that? Be quick getting tired "zzz" lol

ChrisRay
07-27-03, 08:04 AM
Actually I found it. I'd give it time. That was added really recently. And everything on the list prior to that is in the list you showed me

Ok off to bed I go~ Zzzzz

Ruined
07-27-03, 01:41 PM
No mention of Half-Life 2.

That list may not have been updated, as the HL2 stuff was added like 2 days ago, and as you probably know updating text in flash is much more of a pain in the ass than updating HTML. This is what seems convincing, note the logo right in the center:

http://www.reflectonreality.com/images/hl2.jpg

StealthHawk
07-27-03, 04:58 PM
*edit* err dangit Didn't realise Lineage 2 was a The Way its Meant to be played game. Grah. Hope it runs fine on my system when it's released

Heh, what are you implying there :p

ronin_razors
07-27-03, 05:14 PM
TWIMTBP rocks, I love that most games are optimised for my nvidia card. Makes PC games as rock solid as on a console.