PDA

View Full Version : MSI 5900 Ultra problem

Soma
07-26-03, 09:02 PM
Hello all! I have just registered in this Forum but I have been lurking for months reading the posts and basically trying to learn a bit about Nvidia graphics cards and the pros and cons etc.

Anyway I now need some help please!

I have just purchased a new MSI 5900 Ultra which is nice, but I am having trouble with the Clock speeds. When I go into Properties and look at MSI Clock I have 3 slider bars. The top one is Core Clock (MHZ) 2D Clock (set at 300Mhz), then underneath I have 3D Clock set at 450Mhz and then the Memory Clock set at 850Mhz. I am not sure if these are the default settings but sometimes if I click on the default button I get an odd message that reads "Invalid pNVuClockInit" and it drops all the mhz settings to zero!?

I have read on these forums and in my own gfx card manual that there is a Auto Adjust button for these but they are not present on mine! (I only have Default and Apply buttons). I am currently using the drivers that came with the card - the 44.03's. I am considering downloading some later ones like 44.67 or something to see if it makes a difference.

Anyone know what is going on or what I am doing wrong? All replies gratefully recieved!

Sys Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2.4
1Gb Crucial 333 DDR RAM
40Gb Hard Disk

Smokey
07-26-03, 09:30 PM
Dont know your exact problem, but I would download some nVidia drivers, not he MSI ones, cheack the feedback of different driver versions in the driver forum.

bkswaney
07-27-03, 12:37 AM
Get the 44.90's from here.
They r the best out.
http://www.guru3d.com/

You will need coolbits to overclock it.