PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Black Ops - Gameplay / Create Class

Pages : [1] 2

K007
09-02-10, 06:40 AM
YAM5AZxmT_M

If Treyarch really did a good job with the PC Version i might grab it.

Dedicated Servers
Mods
Console - To fix FoV

Anything is better than playing MW2 with 200-300 ping...and its not even numbers..just a bunch of numbers....

Wager Mode looks like fun

fh0hGb2RUA0

K007
09-02-10, 06:47 AM
Wage match looks like a lot of fun...should be since most if not all those ideas are mods in HL/MW1 on the PC.

Burnt_Ram
09-02-10, 06:49 AM
more info:

Confirmed via twitter.

First off dedis will be rented from GameServers only!

Will also use VAC, which most likely means the game will once again be tied to your account. PC is a steam exclusive as well.

https://twitter.com/JoshPeckler

personally i'll be buying it now matter what. i still play Treyarchs W@W daily!

Mr. Hunt
09-02-10, 06:51 AM
I am actually really excited for this. That wager match stuff looked pretty cool, actually... and you get a freaking tomahawk... how could I not buy this game?

Mr. Hunt
09-02-10, 06:55 AM
Wage match looks like a lot of fun...should be since most if not all those ideas are mods in HL/MW1 on the PC.

Yeah, when they said Gun Mode I was like, "They didn't..." But they totally did.

ViN86
09-02-10, 07:21 AM
LOL Gun Game. I love that CS:S mod.

more info:

Confirmed via twitter.

First off dedis will be rented from GameServers only!

Will also use VAC, which most likely means the game will once again be tied to your account. PC is a steam exclusive as well.

https://twitter.com/JoshPeckler

personally i'll be buying it now matter what. i still play Treyarchs W@W daily!

Great. Now we will see as many hackers in this game as there are in MW2. :|

VAC is such a piece of ****. They might as well not use any anti-cheat software...

K007
09-02-10, 07:33 AM
Unlike MW2 the game will be similar to CS Server Browser/Dedicated Servers.

So Admins will have control, and active communities tend to have active mods playing/banning hackers/cheaters/etc.

Compare that to MW2......which is like never lol

K007
09-02-10, 07:39 AM
prone is back as well

Logical
09-02-10, 08:33 AM
IMO Black ops is what MW2 should have been on the PC...

VAC as a standalone A/C is far better than PB so i am glad they have taken that route and the create a clan emblem and applying it to your weapon sounds awesome too.

Mr. Hunt
09-02-10, 08:57 AM
LOL Gun Game. I love that CS:S mod.

Great. Now we will see as many hackers in this game as there are in MW2. :|

VAC is such a piece of ****. They might as well not use any anti-cheat software...

It won't be as bad if there are dedicated servers with admins that can actually kick people. That is the main reason MW2 is so terrible with hackers... NO way to kick anybody ever.

ViN86
09-02-10, 10:10 AM
It won't be as bad if there are dedicated servers with admins that can actually kick people. That is the main reason MW2 is so terrible with hackers... NO way to kick anybody ever.

That's a fair argument, but I don't always see admins on server.

mojoman0
09-02-10, 11:46 AM
looks pretty fun with wager modes and such. I'd love to play it, the only thing is I know when I jump in my first game it will already feel stale to me as MW2 did. Its about time they move to a new engine but I guess we'll have to wait for the next gen of consoles.

bob saget
09-02-10, 01:09 PM
the single bullet in the pistol sounds like a cool idea, but it still looks too much like a MW2 clone with overpowered killstreaks. cod4 had a perfect balance imo. maybe this game will draw away the hoards of MW2 nubs from BFBC2.

bacon12
09-02-10, 01:45 PM
prone is back as well

You mean lean.

K007
09-03-10, 03:58 AM
You mean lean.

i didn't know they brought lean back too!

Albo
09-03-10, 07:02 AM
Wow, I've underestimated this game, it looks like so much fun!
I've been thinking about selling MW2, so I could get something else, Black Ops might be that thing, lol. :)

ViN86
09-03-10, 07:42 AM
Wow, I've underestimated this game, it looks like so much fun!
I've been thinking about selling MW2, so I could get something else, Black Ops might be that thing, lol. :)

How do you intend to sell MW2 when it's tied to your Steam account? Or have you not activated it yet?

Albo
09-03-10, 07:47 AM
How do you intend to sell MW2 when it's tied to your Steam account? Or have you not activated it yet?

I have it for the PS3. But I doubt I would get a lot of money for it, probably like $5, everyone has it now.. :/

bacon12
09-03-10, 02:11 PM
i didn't know they brought lean back too!

Prone was in MW2, BC2 it wasn't thus why I said lean. There is a new bullet dodge feature which is probably gonna be a perk where can can go to prone faster or something and loose the ability to shoot for a second.

There was a vid explaining it.

ViN86
09-03-10, 02:13 PM
I have it for the PS3. But I doubt I would get a lot of money for it, probably like $5, everyone has it now.. :/

Ahh gotcha.

K007
09-03-10, 10:13 PM
Prone was in MW2, BC2 it wasn't thus why I said lean. There is a new bullet dodge feature which is probably gonna be a perk where can can go to prone faster or something and loose the ability to shoot for a second.

There was a vid explaining it.

Man i guess its been a long time since i played MW2...i swear i remember it not having prone/lean...

Crow_Nest
09-06-10, 02:13 AM
The new game mode looks pretty interesting. And i like how you use cash (Or XP?) to purchase weapons and upgrades instead of having to reach level XX just to unlock something.

Man i guess its been a long time since i played MW2...i swear i remember it not having prone/lean...

MW2 had prone but it wasnt balanced for lean. :rolleyes:

K007
09-06-10, 07:50 AM
its cash, no xp.

u can then gamble ure cash using the wager mode.

Logical
09-06-10, 01:31 PM

I am also sure that MW2 didnt have prone on release....but it did when i played it briefly the other night...first time for like 9 months. I may be wrong as it had been a while since i last played it and haven't really cared for the game since.

Mr. Hunt
09-06-10, 08:03 PM
I am also sure that MW2 didnt have prone on release....but it did when i played it briefly the other night...first time for like 9 months. I may be wrong as it had been a while since i last played it and haven't really cared for the game since.

MW2 definitely had prone on release.