PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever at PAX West 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mojoman0
09-03-10, 12:53 PM
http://kotaku.com/5629589/duke-nukem-forever-spotted-at-pax

As this year's PAX convention is just about to start, photos from the Penny Arcade Expo show floor confirm that Duke Nukem Forever—now with more Gearbox Software—will have a strong presence at the show.

Publisher 2K Games is promising "something big" at this year's PAX get-together, which we can only assume is 3D Realms' long-promised but still undelivered over-the-top first person shooter Duke Nukem Forever, now that 2K and Gearbox have begun trotting out all manner of Duke Nukem signage and posters. The game's presence could be limited the opportunity to have your picture taken with Duke as a ****ty schoolgirl, but we've heard otherwise.

PAX 2010's kick-off is imminent. Stay tuned. And always bet on Duke.

|MaguS|
09-03-10, 12:57 PM
Finally a good developer is working on it (gearbox). Im guessing 2K won that rights to further the development over 3D Realms.

Q
09-03-10, 01:02 PM
I guess he finally ran out of gum.

nekrosoft13
09-03-10, 01:13 PM
Finally a good developer is working on it (gearbox). Im guessing 2K won that rights to further the development over 3D Realms.

it better not turn into another turd like Borderlands

|MaguS|
09-03-10, 01:15 PM
it better not turn into another turd like Borderlands

You go to hell, you go to hell and you die!

mojoman0
09-03-10, 01:15 PM
more

2K Games has made it official. Duke Nukem Forever is alive and, well, in the hands of developer Gearbox Software, confirming our earlier reports that the Borderlands studio was helping to complete the game's absurdly long development cycle.

The publisher announced this morning in advance of PAX 2010 that Gearbox Software was on the job, picking up where developer 3D Realms left off. Gearbox plans to ship the game within the next year, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal—the WSJ says DNF is due "next year" and "currently expected to ship in 2010."

Given Duke Nukem Forever's epic development—it was first announced in 1997 as a sequel to Duke Nukem 3D—it might be wise to hedge on the later of those two release windows.

Gearbox and 2K will be showcasing the game to press and the public at this weekend's PAX convention.

After more than a decade in development, Duke Nukem Forever all but ended its production after the collapse of studio 3D Realms.

|MaguS|
09-03-10, 01:21 PM
I bet in the next 6 months we will see more of the game then we have in the last 13 years...

HiCZoK4
09-03-10, 01:41 PM
YEAH!!! My thought were true about gearbox really making it

Quick420
09-03-10, 02:24 PM
I'm so stoked,this game is gonna be fun...

mojoman0
09-03-10, 02:25 PM
video

http://kotaku.com/5629655/your-first-look-at-duke-nukem-forever-in-action

zoomy942
09-03-10, 02:41 PM
awesome. hope its coded for MAC too

newparad1gm
09-03-10, 02:45 PM
video

Ugh, are they playing this on 360s? Oh well, I guess with 2K breathing down your neck about getting this out as soon as possible for the consoles so they can milk it for all its worth in DLCs, Duke Nukem Forever will finally see the light of day.

zoomy942
09-03-10, 02:46 PM
i saw that too. f*ckin consoles.

I DO NOT NOR WANT AN XBOX. 360.

ugh

|MaguS|
09-03-10, 02:53 PM
i saw that too. f*ckin consoles.

I DO NOT NOR WANT AN XBOX. 360.

ugh

So get it on PC...

It's not exclusive to consoles...

HiCZoK4
09-03-10, 02:54 PM
HOLY CRAOOOP!!!! DNF IS REAL!!! footage! people playing it!!! The waiting might be over this year!

zoomy942
09-03-10, 03:01 PM
So get it on PC...

It's not exclusive to consoles...

yeah. sorry. i ranted a little there. I'm sure it will be for PC as well.

NaitoSan
09-03-10, 03:22 PM
according to comment on kotaku, i just duked in my pants.

Destroy
09-03-10, 04:00 PM
Sad to hear its multi platform. We all know what that usually means.

Do we even know what game engine they are using? Please don't say UE3.

Ninjaman09
09-03-10, 04:08 PM
WTB HD gameplay trailers. I can barely tell what's going on in these choppy low-res streams.
Sad to hear its multi platform.
Honestly how could it not be? Most games are multiplatform now. I agree it does suck when the PC version has issues, like the horrible mouse acceleration in Bioshock or the clunky interface of Oblivion and Fallout 3 (fortunately mods fixed Oblivion). 2K games however generally does a good job with their PC ports (in terms of controls, video settings, etc). However, as much as I liked Borderlands, I'm a little concerned about this one seeing as the PC interface was pretty horrible.

Of course there's always the chance that the game will totally blow. Guess we'll finally get to find out! :p

BioHazZarD
09-03-10, 05:29 PM
hah gimme demo now to try :D

Redeemed
09-03-10, 05:30 PM
I just hope it's good. After being in development as long as it has, I doubt it'll live up to all the hype... but if it's fun and enjoyable, at least mostly capturing the spirit of the originals... I'll be happy. :)

nekrosoft13
09-03-10, 05:33 PM
video

haha

"it was fun, graphics need a bit polish, but its pretty early so..."

that had me rollin on the floor.

Section-9
09-03-10, 05:35 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1118240p1.html

(btw game was been shown running on a PC, but played with 360 controllers)

"However, Duke Nukem Forever is not stuck in time. It incorporates genre updates like regenerative health, aim assist, and Call of Duty-style zoom with the left trigger."

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Should have left Duke "stuck in time" for the better. :)

Redeemed
09-03-10, 06:06 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1118240p1.html

(btw game was been shown running on a PC, but played with 360 controllers)

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Should have left Duke "stuck in time" for the better. :)

Hope those "updates" are for consoles only. Really don't want aim assists on the PC version. Or, at least make them optional.

grey_1
09-03-10, 07:09 PM
haha

"it was fun, graphics need a bit polish, but its pretty early so..."

that had me rollin on the floor.

Yeah, that was cool :lol:

That gamer talking about it "altering his life" too...no words for that, but hopefully they're able to capture some of the spirit of the name.

I wish them good fortune with it, hopefully it will be worth buying.