PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight What happened to it?

K007
09-05-10, 03:56 AM
I saw the gamespot review, and i pretty much decided not to get it (First CnC game that i decided not to get just based on the review), it seems like they changed entire gameplay mechanics and destroyed the CnC series :(.

It seems like the gameplay is more focused on the console style of play :<

crainger
09-05-10, 05:22 AM
FFS, could you man up? Not every game is going console. You're like a broken record lol.

It's gone for a DOW II / Sole Survivor style of game with extreme mobile base building. I think it looks more fun than CnC 3 did. They just tried something different, if you don't like it play something else like Starcraft 2. Which is more awesome than anything bar Marfia II right now.

|MaguS|
09-05-10, 06:39 AM
Yeah I don't know how it could have gone "console" as it being a PC Exclusive. Heck Red Alert 2 had a console port and was more like the traditional games then either 3 and 4 were.

nutcrackr
09-05-10, 08:06 AM
They changed things for change sake since the last few games got a lot of negatives for being "more of the same" in the end it cost them badly because cnc fans didn't want a poorly constructed RTS game without base building or normal resource gathering.

I think StarCraft 2 proves you can run with old gameplay and polish it up for the current generation and be successful both critically and sales wise.

I didn't really think much of Red Alert 3 either so they were on a downward spiral but decided to accelerate their descent. It may just be the game the franchise needed to give it a good kick in the teeth.

crainger
09-05-10, 08:10 AM
I'd say after cnc3 did poorly they decided to find a new market. Traditional RTSers tend to cling to one game at a time. They were stuck on either Starcraft I waiting Starcraft 2 or they were playing Generals and didn't want to give up their China/GLA/USA 3way.

JasonPC
09-05-10, 02:50 PM
Since when did C&C 3 do poorly? It did just fine though they were a bit late to patch some exploits and balance issues in the multiplay. Now Kane's Wrath, Red Alert 3, and its awful expansion were different stories. (I didn't mind Red Alert 3 but it just didn't have what made Red Alert 2 so much fun)

But tell me again why are we bringing this turd back up? (C&C4)

crainger
09-05-10, 03:13 PM
Since I said so. ::p: Maybe poorly was a... poor choice of words?

We are bringing it up because K007 wants to play it on his 360.

RollinThundr
09-06-10, 09:40 AM
Meh the whole mobile base thing turned me off from even considering picking it up and I always did enjoy the C&C series. I really wish they would do another game in the Generals time line but with the traditional base building. DoW can keep its new fangled mobile base stuff, gimme my old school base building.

For the record I did pick up SC2 as well, but since I can't do 2000000 actions per minute I suck online. Still need to get around to finishing the SP at least.

Snake101st
09-06-10, 03:03 PM
For the record I did pick up SC2 as well, but since I can't do 2000000 actions per minute I suck online. Still need to get around to finishing the SP at least.

If you havent tried the custom games online youre missing out. I play nexus wars way more than standard MP.

Madpistol
09-06-10, 05:02 PM
If you havent tried the custom games online youre missing out. I play nexus wars way more than standard MP.

This.

I'm addicted to Colonial Line Wars. SC2 MP is the future of gaming greatness, and the sky's the limit. :D

Retrolock
09-09-10, 11:41 PM
I read somewhere EA sacked the team that made C&C4

Edit: Oh yeah, this was last year

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/51336/Command-Conquer-4-Team-Axed-Pandemic-Maxis-To-Follow

K007
09-10-10, 05:56 AM
I read somewhere EA sacked the team that made C&C4

Edit: Oh yeah, this was last year

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/51336/Command-Conquer-4-Team-Axed-Pandemic-Maxis-To-Follow

well...this explains y cnc4 was rubbish -.-...kinda sad tho...not the way i wanted Kane to end the CnC series :(