PDA

View Full Version : nVidia made the front page of BBC wb

panzaman
07-27-03, 04:28 AM
Just FYI, nVidia has made the front page of the BBC web Site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3096415.stm

AthlonXP1800
07-27-03, 06:06 AM
I am surprised Dawn is made up over 150,000 triangles :eek: I thought it was millions triangles. I think soon we will see 50 people like Dawn in games that use Cg language, I hope it will be about 6 months time. :D

Uttar
07-27-03, 06:12 AM
150,000 triangles doesn't seem like a lot - but with the type of Vertex Shading each vertex of these triangles got, it's a LOT!

Uttar

extreme_dB
07-27-03, 03:49 PM
That article scares me. What happens in the future when TV and movie personalities can be completely virtual?

The article ends with the line: "They're going to make everyone's life easier." How's that possible? Technology certainly alleviates hardships and inconveniences, but it also adds more and more complexities to our lives. What are we trying to accomplish with an ever-increasing dependance on computers? Why would I want an avatar representing me in communication with others? What if someone else were to use my avatar as a means of manipulation? This is totally @&#%ed up.

reever2
07-27-03, 03:53 PM
I dont see how a dancing pixie model prancing across a 2d lighted background running at 10-30 fps is that amazing and ground breaking. They seem to give Nvidia credit for the invention of high quality models when just about 3d modeller can do the same